HOW TO: Get the Sapphire X1950XT(id7244) and X1900XT (id7249) to work NOT THE PRO (Jccool Method)

jccool

804 posts in this topic

awesome, will give it a run soon. was just about preparing to do a complete reinstall based of a 10.4.8 image where i had your driver working with my 1900xt 512 with everything working. used that same driver for 10.5 now and got core image (CI) listed as software and quartz extreme (QE) as not supported - that being the only things i have not got running in my leo install (based upon a slimmed down 10.4.8). will report back asap.

hm. i get the same as before (with the old driver, that being the "x1950xt installer 0.3.pkg"). only difference is that with this new leopard 0.2 i'm back at 1024/60 hz. but no quartz extreme and only software core image. now i gotta think what i did last time to make this work (with 10.4.8, 6 months is a long time :D)

@68030

It sounds like you don't have Leopard Final (9a581) because if you have a beta my leo .2 driver wont work...

To check, go to About This Mac and click on 10.5 it will change to "build 9a5** it should be 81, if not, thats why it dont work...

In the end it should look like this

post-7618-1193873674_thumb.png

well it is supposed to be a 9a581 install. yet it doesn't show 9a581 in about me but 10.5 (official build i guess). anyway, if i go to the software bit in "more info" it lists the system version as Mac OS X 10.5 (9A581), Kernel Darwin 9.0.0.

So this is, as it should be ;), a 9a581 install and as such should work with your driver

now what i did last night was reinstall tiger 10.4.8 off an old image that had your 10.4.8 .003 driver running - with full resolution change and CI and QE enabled and working. Then i installed leopard atop it and am now in it (after applying the brazilmac patch). so now i'm in said leopard and about me shows me the following:

type: display

bus: pcie

pcie land width: x16

vram (total): 256mb (actually it is a 512mb card)

vendor: ati (0x1002)

device id: 0x7249 (which is correct)

revision id: 0x0000

display:

resolution: 1024x768

depth: 32-bit color

core image: hardware accelerated

main display: yes

mirror: off

online: yes

quartz extreme: supported

this is what i get from the leftovers of the tiger install (where i had the full resolution options working too).

with your .02 leopard installer i got full resolution change, but

core image: software

quartz extreme: unsupported (or whatever it says when it's not working).

i'm currently running the tiger .003 installer on my leopard install. see what that yields.

/edit 1

ok so the .003 tiger installer added the following to the above screen:

chipset model: ati radeon x1900 series

vram (total): 512 mb (now it's displaying the correct value here)

display:

hm903d/dt (which is actually my crt that's hooked to it)

resolution: 1280x960 @ 85 hz

quartz extreme: not supported

rotation: supported

display connector: no display connected (which is whatever.. hehe)

so now i'm going to run the .02 leopard installer of yours, see what happens. brb

/edit 2

now that i ran the leopard installer, all that has changed to the tiger installer is that the card now is back to 256mb again and that it doesn't display the name of the display i'm running nor the rotation bit. it's back to 1024x768 with 32bit

quartz extreme: not supported

HM. i'm thinking i'll go back to the original leopard atop tiger install (restore that image) and try messing with the kexts to get the full res change, as everything else seemed to be working that way. i guess that means checking through a few kexts whether the 7249 id is in them or not. natit, x1000 that should be it, i guess. see what happens :P

/edit 3 (last one, i promise)

so i saw a link to niko's project somewhere. seems it's using the same looking installer as you jccool. anyway. i downloaded his latest x1950xt thing and low and behold, it works, everything, ci, qe, full res change. so i'm one happy bunny now. Leopard works 100% awesome. time to install some essential tools and create an image of the install. thanks all.

Hello everyone!!!!

Great News!!!

After nearly 2 and a half days of trying to get Leopard GM working, I finally did!!!

I just realeased an X1950XT Jccool Installer for Leopard GM 9a581...

Get it here

http://www.happyupload.com/download.php?fi...28a8cadbb8df61c

or on the first post...

Sorry about the late release,

Enjoy,

Jccool

Hm i cant load the Installer :P

Can i use this driver for the 1900er ?

I hate 1024x768 with a 22" :(

Jenny

OS X Newbie :)

Hi,

Can you be more spesific, what do you mean by cant load the installer, do you get an error? have you tried using pacifist?

Hm i cant load the Installer :(

Can i use this driver for the 1900er ?

I hate 1024x768 with a 22" :P

Jenny

OS X Newbie :)

Mine is working! However, no wake from monitor sleep. Any ideas? 9a581 w/newest GM kext.

ATI Radeon X1900 Series:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon X1900 Series

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x7249

Revision ID: 0x0000

Displays:

DELL 2005FPW:

Resolution: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

Display Connector:

Hi,

Can you be more spesific, what do you mean by cant load the installer, do you get an error? have you tried using pacifist?

Ups sorry,

was a little late :)

My Problem is that your Link ( http://www.happyupload.com/download.php?fi...28a8cadbb8df61c ) is not working. One Browser has only a blue background another browser

[b]Warning[/b]: fopen(./downloaders.txt) [[url="http://www.happyupload.com/function.fopen"]function.fopen[/url]]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in [b]/home/sshost/public_html/download.php(8) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : e[/b].......

My Problem is i am a total newbie with this :)

Jenny

I just extracted the natit.kext file from your installer and used it in GM 9a581. My X1900XT seem to work correctly, QE/CI, sleep, everything (but i noticed a bit longer "hang" at initial loginwindows blue screen comparing to my other natit.kext i used before.)

I'll keep testing this one for stability (various natits caused me stability problems and corruptions) and i'll post my results.

Thanks JJ.

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Device ID: 0x724b

Displays:

21P4:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 85 Hz

Core Image: Software

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Display Connector:

Ok, the Resolution Problem is solved. But no Quartz Extreme and Core Image only Software ;)

Thx for the new download link ;)

Device ID: 0x724b

Displays:

21P4:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 85 Hz

Core Image: Software

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Display Connector:

Ok, the Resolution Problem is solved. But no Quartz Extreme and Core Image only Software ;)

Thx for the new download link ;)

Hi,

do you have an x1900 card or x1950 because qe and ci wont work with x1900 (or atleast shouldnt) you need an x1950 xt

With Natit.kext from your last posted installer:

ATI Radeon X1900 Series:

Device ID: 0x7249

Displays:

SDM-P234:

Resolution: 1920 x 1200

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

Display Connector:

I just extracted the natit.kext file from your installer and used it in GM 9a581. My X1900XT seem to work correctly, QE/CI, sleep, everything (but i noticed a bit longer "hang" at initial loginwindows blue screen comparing to my other natit.kext i used before.)

I'll keep testing this one for stability (various natits caused me stability problems and corruptions) and i'll post my results.

Thanks JJ.

This is very interesting. What version OS are you running? You have sleep...I don't. Same card.

Hi everyone, it seems that all the things Ip uped @ happyupload are not working, I think it might be their server, I ll give it a couple days and if it doesnt get fixed I ll see what I can do because on my pc right now I only have leo installer 0.2

Jccool

That is the one I am using.

On that note, it may be related to my only other issue (that I have found so far).

About This Mac crashes. If I select it, my system does a logoff/logon. This was an issue a while ago, I don't see how it could have popped back up. If I set CPUID Max Limit in my BIOS, it still crashes AND System Profiler doesn't work. When disabled, System Profiler works fine.

Monitor wont wake from sleep.

System won't wake from sleep.

I have a feeling these may be connected. At this point, it looks like I can't blame the video driver.