HOW TO: Get the Sapphire X1950XT(id7244) and X1900XT (id7249) to work NOT THE PRO (Jccool Method)

jccool

804 posts in this topic

Little update: I installed an iMac-based 10.4.10 OSX, the installer works well on it.

Would be nice if you could add the newer frameworks to the existing installer, so that people with the "old" 10.4.10 could install it too.

I think it is dangerous to do that , cos at the end the system looks like a "Lego". We can forgot some files and the results could not be as good as we want. Honnestly, before i did the new drivers, my first method to make the X1950Xt works with my Kalyway was to import the frameworks from my old Jas 10.4.10. It worked... but sometime when i wanted to change my res the system was hanging. It is why i decided to adapt the new kexts. it is a proper method.

If you want absolutly the new frameworks the best method is to do an update of your "old" 10.4.10 with an Imac based Distro. I tried this with my old Jas just for testing (cos i prefer fresh install) . I did a system update with my Kalyway disk and it installed the new frameworks correctly.

Hey all,

I installed the JaS 10.4.8 version of Mac OS X last night. Everything works pefect out of the box othan that my video card. I have a Sapphire Radeon X1900XT 512MB PCI-E video card, so I ran the provided installer in this thread. Now when I reboot, after the gray Mac screen I get some unusual purple lines. I have tried to see if anyone had a similar problem but have not had any success, am I doing something wrong? Any suggestions for fixing this?

Thanks in advance!

JCCool, Dune31,

I do have the X1950XT and 10.4.10

I have tried the installer version 0.1 (link available on first post) and I do have an issue after installing.

As I have read that a version 0.3 exists, I have been looking for it through the entire thread :angel: - with no luck :(

JCCool had posted this link : http://upload2.net/page/download/5QsL813nn....3.pkg.zip.html

but it is no longer valid !

Is this the latest version for 10.4.10 ? Could you point me to a valid link ? :)

Cheers guys.

------

PS: Merci les gars pour votre super boulot - si seulement vous pouviez me faire parvenir le lien vers la derniere version (la 0.1 plante sur mon matos), Merci.

+

a^

JCCool, Dune31,

I do have the X1950XT and 10.4.10

I have tried the installer version 0.1 (link available on first post) and I do have an issue after installing.

As I have read that a version 0.3 exists, I have been looking for it through the entire thread :P - with no luck :(

Oh t'etais bourré ou quoi quand tu as lu le topic ? ;) non lol je plaisante .

Tout ce que tu cherches est en tout debut de topic et tout est la !

Je t'explique les numeros de versions n'ont aucun rapport, en fait le 0.1 correspond au premier package pour 10.4.10. Ce package tu ne dois l'installer que si ton 10.4.10 est une distro basé sur les disques du nouvel Imac style Kalyway ou XXX ou d'autres a venir.Par contre si ta 10.4.10 n'est pas une distro qui a été faite a partir d'un disque imac (par exemple une combo update), tu dois installer la version du 10.4.8 (celle qui porte le numero de version 0.3). Ceci est du a une difference des fichiers frameworks (OpenGl, core, ...). j'avais deja tout expliqué en anglais dans le post #401. voila tu sais tout

P.S: Sorry for French Language, Aqwa is french, so i answer him in french

Merci Dune31 pour ta reponse rapide.

Bon j'ai la distrib XXX 10.4.10 donc l'installer v0.1 devrait faire l'affaire i.e. faut que je vois ce qui deconne, apres l'install l'ordi n'a pas fini de rebooter (pourtant je n'ai mis que les elements de bases et le driver reseau).

A supposer que je doive installer la v0.3, ou puis-je la trouver ? (le liens est cassse, ou y a encore une ruse ? ;-)

Merci

a^

Merci Dune31 pour ta reponse rapide.

Bon j'ai la distrib XXX 10.4.10 donc l'installer v0.1 devrait faire l'affaire i.e. faut que je vois ce qui deconne, apres l'install l'ordi n'a pas fini de rebooter (pourtant je n'ai mis que les elements de bases et le driver reseau).

A supposer que je doive installer la v0.3, ou puis-je la trouver ? (le liens est cassse, ou y a encore une ruse ? ;-)

Merci

a^

Si tu as installer une XXX 10.4.10 , il te faut l'installer v0.1 et surtout pas le 10.4.8 v0.3 qui ne marchera pas !

(Au passage le lien n'est pas cassé , je sais pas comment tu te debrouilles lol... Au risque de me repeter tous les telechargements sont au debut du Topic : 1er post). Par contre pour tes problemes d'install, sans savoir quel est ton matos , c dur de pouvoir t'aider :(. Tu aurais du peut etre prendre une distro Kalyway qui elle a le Français, et que je connais mieux puisque c celle que j'utilise. ça n'empeche que le driver marche sur la XXX puisque j'ai des gens qui l'ont betatesté pour moi ainsi que sur une toute nouvelle distrib qui s'appelle ChaosX86.

Hello everyone,

It is normal that 10.5 kexts dont work, i'm trying to find a version of Leopard 9a581 that self installs, if anyone knows where I could get a prepatched dvd, it would speed up the process,

Thank You,

Jccool

Dune and Jcool:

Do you guys think it is possible to make a new installer with the very latest final kexts from 10.5 ?

Would be great, and would save me the bother to edit it all the time when experimenting...

Cheers!

I have just installed 9a581 and I tried with Jccool's 10.5 0.1pkg, but it doesn't work. Has anybody been successful with this driver under 9a581?

I can confirm your experience. I also tried 10.4.10 0.1 pkg, which gave me resolution, but no QE. The .3 pkg hooped my install. :)

Hello everyone,

It is normal that 10.5 kexts dont work, i'm trying to find a version of Leopard 9a581 that self installs, if anyone knows where I could get a prepatched dvd, it would speed up the process,

Thank You,

Jccool

There is a new torrent on the demon, a prepatched item that might be what you are looking for. Should be easy to find. Only one seeder ATM. :)

Thanks for all your hard work so far.

For you who have the 1950XT and want to use it in leopard with QE/CI enabled

I've patched the official ones found in 9a581 GM to give that for you.

Put the kexts in the extensions folder and repair their permissions.

chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions

delete extensions.mkext.

1950XT.zip

Please help me, my graphics card is the 1950 GT id: 7288 could not open the QE

Thank you!

ATI Radeon X1950 Series:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon X1950 Series

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB