HOW TO: Get the Sapphire X1950XT(id7244) and X1900XT (id7249) to work NOT THE PRO (Jccool Method)

jccool

804 posts in this topic

Hi,

Please address all 10.4.10 complaints to Dune31, he put the files together, i only made an installer for it, sorry if he used leo kexts, thats not what he told me.........

Jccool

Let me clarify something: it is not leo kexts at all. Those files are made from Imac install disc 10.4.10 and are for those who have installed 10.4.10 directly from a kalyway distro or XxX distro. Those of you who have installed 10.4.10 from a combo update must still use the 10.4.8 Jccool installer (The frameworks are not the same, the Imac disc takes count of new gfx cards like Hd2x00 or Gf8x00 and the framework has been modified, so the jccool drivers had to be adapted to this new framework, it is what i have done ) . Those of you who have installed Imac Install Disc based distros like the kalyway or XxX distro must install the Jccool installer for 10.4.10. I hope everything is clear for all of you now. Sorry for inconvenience Jccool, i forgot to mention in my email that you must precise it in the topic. It is my fault ;-)

Let me clarify something: it is not leo kexts at all. Those files are made from Imac install disc 10.4.10 and are for those who have installed 10.4.10 directly from a kalyway distro or XxX distro. Those of you who have installed 10.4.10 from a combo update must still use the 10.4.8 Jccool installer (The frameworks are not the same, the Imac disc takes count of new gfx card like Hd2x00 or Gf8x00 and the framework has been modified, so the jccool drivers had to be adapted to this new framework, it is what i have done ) . Those of you who have installed Imac Install Disc based distros like the kalyway or XxX distro must install the Jccool installer for 10.4.10. I hope everything is clear for all of you now. Sorry for inconvenience Jccool, i forgot to mention in my email that you must precise it in the topic. It is my fault ;-)

Too bad kalyway is a piece of poop with TONS of stuff missing.

Sometimes I really wonder what the hell are people doing when making an install dvd, after seeing uphuck releases without MAIL amongst other things and stuff like that...

I hope new releases will be better.

PS. Kalyway won't install on my system as it doesn't (LOOOLLLL) recognise the apple screen. they deliberatedly took out the drivers even for apple genuine stuff, I can't believe it.

Too bad kalyway is a piece of poop with TONS of stuff missing.

Sometimes I really wonder what the hell are people doing when making an install dvd, after seeing uphuck releases without MAIL amongst other things and stuff like that...

I hope new releases will be better.

PS. Kalyway won't install on my system as it doesn't (LOOOLLLL) recognise the apple screen. they deliberatedly took out the drivers even for apple genuine stuff, I can't believe it.

I have no problems with the Kalyway after applying the fixes. it works very well and i didn't see "TONS of stuff" missing although there are only English and French Languages but it is not a real problem. I know Koolkal and will ask him what he did with those Apple drivers. It sounds strange to me that he took out such drivers.But who knows..

But the discussion is not about Kalyway, Kalyway was mentionned just for exemple. I made this driver for all IMac 10.4.10 install disc based distro. It is the case for Kalyway but also XXX , and maybe others releases that will come.

I have no problems with the Kalyway after applying the fixes. it works very well and i didn't see "TONS of stuff" missing although there are only English and French Languages but it is not a real problem. I know Koolkal and will ask him what he did with those Apple drivers. It sounds strange to me that he took out such drivers.But who knows..

But the discussion is not about Kalyway, Kalyway was mentionned just for exemple. I made this driver for all IMac 10.4.10 install disc based distro. It is the case for Kalyway but also XXX , and maybe others releases that will come.

Quite noobish question: is there a possibility to update the framework on my installation? I updated from Software Update retaining my AppleSMBios and of course adding kernel and dsmos...

This would help everyone who hasn't been able to update so far :(

Quite noobish question: is there a possibility to update the framework on my installation? I updated from Software Update retaining my AppleSMBios and of course adding kernel and dsmos...

This would help everyone who hasn't been able to update so far :)

I think , it is possible yes by changing by hand the frameworks opengl, quartz and quartzcore, but if your system is actually stable and fully fonctionnal, i advise you to not do it. Of course if you want to install new Gfx board like Hd2x00 or Gf8x00 i think it is necessary. If it is not the case you don't have to do it.

ok, jccool, i used ur method previously on my video card on 10.4.8 and it worked, that system went back to windows and now i have mac on my Dual Xeon motherboard, same video card .. i am now running xxx 10.4.10 distro, i cant boot into the installer with the video card, i cant boot into the os either.. i have to use the onboard to install and run mac. its only vesa 2.0

darwin reconizes the card as vesa 3 256mb , btw its a x1900gt, i modified the kext to fit the device id,(or so i think i did), and all i get is a garbage screen, its all scrambled and looks horrible.. but once i take the card out and go with the onboard it runs fine with low graphics output.. and only one res.

Any Suggestions?

my device id is 0x724b and vendor id is 0x1002

what has changed since 10.4.8 to 10.4.10 with the ati kext?

ok, jccool, i used ur method previously on my video card on 10.4.8 and it worked, that system went back to windows and now i have mac on my Dual Xeon motherboard, same video card .. i am now running xxx 10.4.10 distro, i cant boot into the installer with the video card, i cant boot into the os either.. i have to use the onboard to install and run mac. its only vesa 2.0

darwin reconizes the card as vesa 3 256mb , btw its a x1900gt, i modified the kext to fit the device id,(or so i think i did), and all i get is a garbage screen, its all scrambled and looks horrible.. but once i take the card out and go with the onboard it runs fine with low graphics output.. and only one res.

Any Suggestions?

my device id is 0x724b and vendor id is 0x1002

what has changed since 10.4.8 to 10.4.10 with the ati kext?

did u use the new Jccool installer for 10.4.10 Imac based distro? and make the id modification after ?

this is what i get on reboot, i edited the ati1000x.kext and added my device id after i used the installer

MY video

waow, strange !!

Maybe the Natit.kext is doing wrong things, but it is the same kext than the 10.4.8 Jccool installer it is why i don't understand the fact that you cant go to desktop. Adding device ID in ATIRadeonX1000.kext is just for ensure QE/CI works.Furthermore i know someone with the xxx distro and this natit kext works fine for him

just my luck.. lol.... i tried the dvi to vga adapter to.. same results, when i use onboard , dual video(feature of serverboard) mac sees the card as a 1900 series and natit sees it on startup.. it just wont load into gui...

are you running 8.10.3 kernel ?

@shogunprotege

are you sure permissions are ok for natit.kext ?

maybe it is the cause why it doesn't load correctly!

open a terminal and type:

sudo -s and then your password

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/Natit.kext

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/Natit.kext

delete all extensions cache

and reboot

ill try , but i have to reinstall osx, it stoped booting.. i will try this once osx is back up..also i said this in another post, the natit.kext is detecting my card as a 726b and not a 724b device id. any reason for this?

maybe it is the second DVI output. your card is dual DVI, isn't it ?

Hello,

A fellow member named prometheus-t, has found a way to get the X1950XTX Urber Edition with the Jccool Method

Here it is in his words,

The first thing I did was to run Jccool's installer; then I went in and changed the dev Id's to 7248 in ATIRadeonX1000.kext and ATIRadeonX1000GA.kext. Upon reboot, I kept getting "Input not supported." Normally, I have my DVI Flat panel hooked up to the Crossfire connector, but I had heard that some need VGA to DVI connectors, so I busted out an old CRT and the adapter. I played with several configurations, and finally determined something very strange - you have to have a display connected to the Crossfire connector, and a display connected to the regular DVI port. When you do this, you get display on the DVI port, while the Crossfire connector display remains dark. The system acts like the Crossfire connector display is connected, and even reports its model/mfg. As I didn't want to drag out my CRT everytime I boot Hackintosh (Linux is my primary OS), I went ahead and hooked up the secondary port to the VGA connector on my Flat panel, so I now have both the Crossfire DVI connector, and the DVI to VGA adapted 2nd port (still on the main crossfire card) connected to the same monitor. I then had to login blind, as naturally, the blank Crossfire connection was chosen as the primary display. I then played the game of "grab the window" after right-clicking and selecting "change background." After many attempts, I managed to drag the System Prefs window over to the screen and turn on mirroring. I now have a fully functional system with rotation and QE. I haven't tested for stability yet, but it seems ok. I haven't even thought about trying to get the secondary card up and running - I'll save that for a day when I need a second display.

P.S. DVI does work on the second port, I'm just too lazy to switch the Crossfire and VGA cables. If a monitor had 2 DVI ports, you could run 2 DVI cables - one to the Crossfire cable, and one to the Extra DVI port. The Crossfire connected one would stay blank, naturally.

He and I both hope this will help more people,

Enjoy :-)

i know this one is rather old, but has anyone else experimented with getting the a picture out of the crossfire connector on the X1950XTX master card? Windows manages to do it even when Crosfire is not enabled, so it must be just a question of addressing the right output? The fact that a monitor being plugged in to the Crossfire connector gets recognised (although no output image - this happens on my setup) suggests to me that its almost there already?

jjcool, did you ever loomk in to this?

Thanks

after months of on and off searching...

id like to thank you for finally ending my mission to get my damn ATI x1900xt pcie to work.

THANKS to you, it's fully working i can choose whatever res i want, got my monitor plugged into DVI... i can finally stare at these bizarre screen savers without them skipping!

i cannot express how happy i am for this.