[Pre-Release] macOS Sonoma 14.4

423 posts in this topic

Apple reported record "active device installs" for the last quarter.  I wonder if we're included in that device count. :)

Edited by deeveedee
  • Haha 8

6 hours ago, deeveedee said:

I wonder if we're included in that device count. :)

Of course we are with the amount of failed attempts and retries that I'm sure bumped those figures up. :hysterical:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Hi mates

I got 14.4 installed with intel ax210 installed with new kext file, i had no usb and mouse working, when I changed OC with 0.9.7 version and AirportItlwml wifi kext for Sonoma 14.4 b1, I can now get into desktop with wifi.  Intel wifi for 14.4 b1. I applied open core patcher 1.4.0 made on jan 30(cause I only have Kepler card and worked like a Sharm

Edited by maly70
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, maly70 said:

Intel wifi for 14.4 b1 XXXXXXXXXXX.

Sorry but I think you need to Edit your post referring this Link (See IM Rules).

Hate to see you penalized for it.

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Sorry but I think you need to Edit your post referring this Link (See IM Rules).

Hate to see you penalized for it.

Thank you my friend... did forget all about it 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maly70 said:

ERRARE HUMANUM EST
;)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, maly70 said:

No worries man, your intentions were leaning towards the Good and Helpful :angel: not at all with malice or spite. 

• Like 1

uhm i'll revert to 14.3 'couse 14.4 is extremely slow...and ok...

reinstall 14.3, recovery from TM, give permission, enter icloud pass...blablabla...same as every time i recovery from tm....all ok all normal...

but......

i open Mail.app for import my older mail and directory etc...right?...ok! import error - not enough disk space for import in your home directory! 140k mail f#cked up ahahahahhahah i google this and seem is a know issue from 14.2 ...mail didn't import email etc...only way is to boot with "-x" safe mode and try to import from here (mine won't boot in safe mode..didn't know why) or delete all email mbox from mail directory, then open mail and import 1 mbox at a time.......i love Apple! ahaha every update they make 1 step ahead and 1000 back (ps is not related to "beta" software, 'couse they don't import nothing on 14.3 RELEASE) xD ahah 

• Haha 2

Ok, against my better judgment, plus I had bugger all else to do, coupled with the warnings in mind to stay away from this latest Beta, I thought what the heck lets have another go but this time methodically.

I downloaded the full Beta install and made a USB Installer.

Made an Vanilla OC EFI Folder, no OCLP patches, with just the minimum ACPI Files and kexts, all the very latest versions.

At the completion of the Installer USB, I added the EFI Folder to the USB and started the install to the SSD Disk.

There was nothing unusual about the install, no hang ups, no panics, just the normal 3 or so reboots then the normal registration and on to the Desktop.

Adding the same vanilla EFI Folder to the EFI Partition to the Disk to boot without the aid of the USB, the Boot Time was comparable to 14.3 released which is heavily patched.

Now this is where the situation changed. Adding the OCLP patches and rebooting, the system took a frustrating amount of time to boot to the point of hanging forcing a hard reset a few times.

Removing the Patches, cleaning NvRAM at least twice, the system would boot normally. I have decided to leave this Beta 14.4 install on the Disk in this Vanilla state and wait for either OCLP to be amended to suit and/or wait for the next Beta release to try and update over it.

The message to stay away from this Beta 14.4 is absolutely spot on. BTW, Ethernet is available and functions well if you can live without WiFi and all it entails.

I for one and what it is worth, am not happy unless it's the 'Full Monty' (English Saying 🙂).

Screenshot 2024-02-03 at 09.46.18.png

Screenshot 2024-02-03 at 09.40.41.png

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

Barba non facit philosophum!

Rahtid!!!!!! Ah we ah tun dis ayah Forum inna language contest???

Leh we dun it yah so man.

(Incase you're wondering, it's island Patois ........nuff said). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

@AlfredoM - Hello old friend, happy to see you're still around and fighting the good fight.:)

Sorry folks, just like when Sonoma was first introduced with all its initial difficulties, the Forum conversation tends to veer off the subject matter of which I am probably the biggest culprit.

For that I duly apologize for the mis-step and pray a viable solution is found soon to fix this new Beta bug.

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 1

Dear all,

when I installed sonoma14.4 b1(as I mentioned above) OCLP works good with patching 14.4 no issues but, I understand from my experience with 14.4 , u need to have it installed in a new partition(not updating current version). OCLP is working as it is(I used the latest 1.4.0 that was created Jan 1 2024.

just to let you know in case it helps

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, maly70 said:

Dear all,

when I installed sonoma14.4 b1(as I mentioned above) OCLP works good with patching 14.4 no issues but, I understand from my experience with 14.4 , u need to have it installed in a new partition(not updating current version). OCLP is working as it is(I used the latest 1.4.0 that was created Jan 1 2024.

just to let you know in case it helps

If that is the case my friend, then you're the only one I have come across with a true success story with 14.4 b1 and OCLP.

As far as it goes, even real Macs that OCLP is really intended for are not having your level of claimed success.

It'd be interesting to know if your machine has full WiFi, B/Tooth functionality including Continuity and AirDrop.

If these features are missing then we can't truthfully claim that all is well, but if you're happy with what you have, then no worries.

I have Sonoma 14.3 installed on my machine and everything works as in Ventura i.e AirDrop, Continuity from Webcam to iPhone Camera which I love using in F/Time and WhatsApp.

Those aforementioned apps simply will not work without functioning WiFi.

I have a Vanilla install of Beta 14.4 b1 that boots well until OCLP patches are applied to get WiFi, this is where things goes sideways with the install.

Yes Ethernet works but that's about it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, eSaF said:

Rahtid!!!!!! Ah we ah tun dis ayah Forum inna language contest???

Leh we dun it yah so man.

(Incase you're wondering, it's island Patois ........nuff said). 

A so yu sound like a yawdman ya so me like dat still to rathidole

• Haha 1

Hmmm, okay this is the first beta that doesn't work at all on my Coconut rig. Tried disabling the wi-fi/bt kexts hoping that the problem will be fixed but...nada. Nuts! Verbose doesn't work simply because something goes wrong after switching to apple logo/black screen after verbose. So I will be reverting to 14.3 or wait for the official release/fix for this one. Haven't tried fresh install.

• Sad 1

After testing I switched to the new installation, updated to 14.4 for me which works its enough for me

internet/wifi/bluetooth

WhatsApp and iMessages/FaceTime applications

and the update was done like the previous ones, smooth and successful in the end

I've never use OCLP and I see in this thread that a lot of people use it....... with pb ...
You must need  wait the correctif...
Good luck

wired and wireless speed test is the same as 14.3

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.495ab947c4878c995ebb2d82e7598e91.pngimage.png.3a4c0f285c0a57cd92ebc4791af7f991.png

5 hours ago, jm26200 said:

I've never use OCLP and I see in this thread that a lot of people use it....... with pb ...
You must need  wait the correctif...
Good luck

wired and wireless speed test is the same as 14.3

Congrats on your install. What is your Hack's Spec i.e Laptop/Desktop also Connection i.e WiFi B/T card.

These details would go a long way to help others (including myself) to understand the situation.

Posting success posts coupled with a few pics just doesn't cut it to help others. 

If you have then please accept my apologies. Cheers.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Congrats on your install. What is your Hack's Spec i.e Laptop/Desktop also Connection i.e WiFi B/T card.

These details would go a long way to help others (including myself) to understand the situation.

Posting success posts coupled with a few pics just doesn't cut it to help others. 

If you have then please accept my apologies. Cheers.

hi  sir, all in my signature but tomorrow i make screen shot  for kext  and others

• Thanks 1