[Pre-Release] macOS Sonoma 14.4

423 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, BALDY_MAN said:

Install seems ok. but im not using OCLP or WIFI or bluetooth

Oh Ok Bro. I have a strong feeling even though with a successful install, WIFI and or B/T will no longer work.

I maybe wrong.

17 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

Dell Vostro 5490, only WIFI doesn't work.

Hide contents

1.png

Ahhhhhh yes, so my assumption is correct about OCLP needs tweaking for this latest Beta. Actually, it’s been advised by others to stay away from this one until adjustments are made to OCLP.

Even on real macs (old) that use the patcher are having difficulties.

It was my case, I managed to update with no difficulty, albeit it took much more time than a regular update...

After that I lost my icons in the bar where the icons from sound, wifi, bluetooth, the ones that stayed was my 3 Onedrive.

For that reason I re installed Sonoma 14.3

For the time being I'll stay in 14.3

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Stefanalmare said:

Dell Vostro 5490, only WIFI doesn't work.

Reveal hidden contents

1.png

Yeah, I have Bluetooth working just fine.  Only WiFi is fubar.

22 minutes ago, D3v1L said:

update to 14.4 without any issue...

(i don't use wifi on this hackintosh, only lan...)

If I may use this analogy, as the owner of a Bugatti (I wish!!!:hysterical:) I would like to take those horses on a stretch to see what all the hype is about.

So as I installed Sonoma and given the chance by the Devs to explore all it's offerings like a real Mac, that is exactly what I Expect and Want, Not Just Some Of it but All of It.:D

6 minutes ago, jm26200 said:

Done :thumbsup_anim:

I bet, with no WiFi and or B/Tooth making apps such as AirDrop, Continuity between on board Camera and iPhone etc, etc.

Of course if you don't use those features then you're all set as half baked as it maybe.

Let us hope as before the OCLP Devs can once again bring back and give us those functions in Sonoma, but I guess they'll come a time when that won't be feasible. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, eSaF said:

I bet, with no WiFi and or B/Tooth making apps such as AirDrop, Continuity between on board Camera and iPhone etc, etc.

Of course if you don't use those features then you're all set as half baked as it maybe.

Let us hope as before the OCLP Devs can once again bring back and give us those functions in Sonoma, but I guess they'll come a time when that won't be feasible. 

TRUE   sir  !
I did this installation on a test SSD after having created a boot key, thanking Mr Maldon for the Sonoma 14.3 image on which I did not modify anything in the EFI obtained and finally arrived on the desktop but it was not was just a test and came back on sonoma 14.3
Waiting for improvements no wiffi no bluetooh etc....

• Thanks 1

@eSaF i don't use wifi couse oclp brake my LAN and i need it...so its not really the same thing...i dont use wifi from 14.2...so...

• Like 2

Hmmm......this update is a bit of a troublesome one.  That happens....(anybody remember the first release of Big Sur?)

I am currently on an Asus Z490-A (due to a recent motherboard failure) with a Gigabyte 6900 graphics card and 64 gb of memory.  OC 0.9.7 (debug). 

Sonoma 14.3 works fine, but with this beta, I am not getting anywhere.  I am able to get it to start to load and install, but then the screen goes black and then there's no progress.  No error message, no rebooting, it's just sitting there right now, doing nothing (and at this point, no disk activity either)

I do not have OCLP installed (I use ethernet and don't really need OCLP).  I tried changing from Default to Disabled with an NVRAM reset, but still no go.....

Any thoughts out there?

Edited by meg2014

Hack check is free.. is old tool downloaded from italian hackintosh forum macos86 dot it by my wife very long time ago (maybe 3/4years ago) , now i'll found it in download folder of our older hackintosh and give it a shot...nice software btw 😛 

hack-check

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Can't install on 2 systems

- After downloading the update, the system restarts

- Installer does something

- Reboots then the main System partition starts

- It says it's installing

- Once it finishes, I am stll on 14.3 and the macOS Install volume is still there

- If I try to boot from the installer again, I get the prohibit sign

I think Apple might have changed something again in the installer.

3 minutes ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

- Once it finishes, I am stll on 14.3 and the macOS Install volume is still there

Bro didn't you read all the posts saying to stay clear of this Beta?

It's either Apple has changed something or the OCLP Devs needs to tweak the patching to suit.

I managed to install it but lost WiFi in the process plus some Menu Icons.

BTW this is also happening on real Macs that needs OCLP.

8 minutes ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

uhm...my system have same issue, next i realize i've securebootmodel set to default instead disabled...maybe same mistake?

Just now, D3v1L said:

uhm...my system have same issue, next i realize i've securebootmodel set to default instead disabled...maybe same mistake?

I maybe wrong but makes no difference default or disabled, believe me I have near enough tried every permutation.

I got it installed like I said but boot was slow as well as no WiFi and missing Menu Bar Icons.

• Like 1

well... tryed 4 times to update...same result...installed, but "installer" disk image remain, and it will boot on 14.3 ... switch to "disabled", reboot, reset, retry, update, installer image disappear, boot in 14.4 ...btw, yes, boot is very slow xD

• Sad 1

great txsss sir Lorys89. for link kext wifi all ok. on SSD test

I think try to day make new key with macOS Sonoma 14.4. and see if same result or better,,,,

Spoiler

image.png.8cbd3a6292fa35c3e0e208e6d02edb4c.png

Edited by jm26200
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, jm26200 said:

wifi all ok.

The real test is to see if WIFI is ok,  use AirDrop both ways between two units or machines.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, D3v1L said:

Disabling SecureBootModel resulted in the installer working (after re-downloading) but installing the os resulted in soft-bricking my laptop.Then I had to download 14.3 on my other laptop, creata a bootable USB flash drive, boot from that, create a new volume and install 14.3 on it. After that I will move all the relevant files over and kill the old volume. So: stay away from 14.4 beta 1.

• Like 2

I have backed off of this beta (14.4 beta 1) and have gone back to 14.3.  I htink it's best (for me at least) to wait this out and see if it gets any better later on.  This one needs some finishing to smooth out the rough spots.

Edited by meg2014
  • Like 2