[pre-release] macOS Ventura

3,556 posts in this topic

Guest ricoc90
15 minutes ago, BALDY_MAN said:

I have a no go ( OS Looks for them but updates not showing up ) I have latest kexts and open core. in my EFI folder

Make sure 'SecureBootModel' is set to 'default' in your config under 'Misc'->'Security'. 

20 minutes ago, ricoc90 said:

@BALDY_MAN and SIP is enabled?

No need. My SIP is disabled & update for beta 3 showed up.

Try to enroll back to beta update: ( unenroll first )

sudo /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Seeding.framework/Versions/A/Resources/seedutil unenroll

sudo /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Seeding.framework/Versions/A/Resources/seedutil enroll DeveloperSeed

Edited by Ellybz
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, PG7 said:

commit Clover beta-c7789dc29

boot OK ventura beta 3

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.c0389b663c4549d62cfd509550f726ac.png

Thanks for Slice & Clover team because this new version of Clover 5147 worked in my Intel & AMD hackintoshs at Ventura beta 3 now !

Screenshot 2022-07-08 at 9.27.34 AM.png

Edited by jsl2000
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Ellybz said:

No need. My SIP is disabled & update for beta 3 showed up.

Try to enroll back to beta update: ( unenroll first )

sudo /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Seeding.framework/Versions/A/Resources/seedutil unenroll

sudo /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Seeding.framework/Versions/A/Resources/seedutil enroll DeveloperSeed

@ELLYbz. the script worked for me. thank you  to all who showed interest and help.  what a stunning community we have here thanks again

Screenshot 2022-07-08 at 02.16.45.png

• Like 6

11 hours ago, PMheart said:

@aben Feel free to test whether this WEG removes profile 2 from VTSupportedProfileArray/IOGVAHEVCDecodeCapabilities properly. If not, please attach the log with liludump. Thanks!

UPDATE - Please see https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/pull/102

Of course! Would expect said value to be dropped properly with this build, given that you authored it; much thanks for that! 🙏 (You're welcome btw, for the hint ;))

As confirmed in my initial report, I have extensively tested both approaches, and have not noticed any other breakage with HEVC (or YouTube) when dropping the entire property altogether; would not have posted my build of WEG for others to test if things broke elsewhere :) 

Theoretically, VP9 flag should not be impacted in anyway, with both approaches, so kinda baffling  how this patch is breaking YouTube as reported by @anerik70

Edited by aben
  • Like 1

Guest ricoc90
1 hour ago, SavageAUS said:

This is how my iGPU appears, is it correct?

Negative, but when you remove AAPL,slot-name you should be good. The iGPU should be labeled as "Built-in". I'd personally remove model as well, but that is purely cosmetic so owners choice I'd say.
Removing the slot-name will get rid of the GPU tab as well, but you can get it back using this command:

defaults write com.apple.ActivityMonitor ShowGPUTab -bool true 

Edited by ricoc90

49 minutes ago, surenmunoo said:

Do we have to have OC 0.8.3 to get Beta 3 to install. I updated Lily to 1.6.2 but still getting boot loop. 

use the opencore and lilu left here...

• Like 2

Updated finally to beta 3. I had to update OC to 0.8.3 and then update went thru fine with no boot loop. Other than Lilu 1.6.2 everything else was the same that I copied from 0.8.2 so what is different in OC 0.8.3 that we had to update to it. 

Previously on beta 2 my PC would not sleep but now it goes to sleep but wakes within 2 seconds and reboots. I checked in terminal what is causing sleep issues using pmset -g and get the below only. How do I fix this and will this cause the PC to reboot on wake 2 seconds after it sleeps.

image.thumb.png.33ed4bff0ad655c1df685388bcd1d52e.png

2 hours ago, surenmunoo said:

Updated finally to beta 3. I had to update OC to 0.8.3 and then update went thru fine with no boot loop. Other than Lilu 1.6.2 everything else was the same that I copied from 0.8.2 so what is different in OC 0.8.3 that we had to update to it. 

Only Lilu and OpenCore.efi differs from OC 0.8.3 builds earlier than 8 July 2022 nightly.

Greetings Henties

Edited by Henties
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, aben said:

Of course! Would expect said value to be dropped properly with this build, given that you authored it; much thanks for that! 🙏 (You're welcome btw, for the hint ;))

As confirmed in my initial report, I have extensively tested both approaches, and have not noticed any other breakage with HEVC (or YouTube) when dropping the entire property altogether; would not have posted my build of WEG for others to test if things broke elsewhere :) 

Theoretically, VP9 flag should not be impacted in anyway, with both approaches, so kinda baffling  how this patch is breaking YouTube as reported by @anerik70

Thanks for testing!

I am not sure about the side effects either, but I got a feeling that we should kinda follow some minimalism rules. i.e. Make minimum changes until necessary.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, PMheart said:

I am not sure about the side effects either, but I got a feeling that we should kinda follow some minimalism rules. i.e. Make minimum changes until necessary.

Totally agreed! Reason why I was hesitant to submit the PR myself 😅