[pre-release] macOS Ventura

3,556 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, surenmunoo said:

How do I fix this and will this cause the PC to reboot on wake 2 seconds after it sleeps.

Have a look under Sharing/Bluetooth and apart from your keyboard and mouse (if applicable) untick the boxes and test sleep to see if the machine sleeps.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Have a look under Sharing/Bluetooth and apart from your keyboard and mouse (if applicable) untick the boxes and test sleep to see if the machine sleeps.

I do not have that enabled under sharing. The only bluetooth devices are the apple KB and mouse.

image.thumb.png.13aef68e509ebb6fdd01004c50743376.pngimage.thumb.png.09f89d9f27944376f3c64d6fb3755ed5.png

• Thanks 1

@surenmunoo I have a Magic Trackpad, and if I use it I also get the same:

9X5hFpp.png

what if i stop using it and use my logitech mouse before using the pmset command

9kq6YM3.png

But in my case sleep works perfectly in beta 3...

I had this problem of waking up after two seconds when Ventura beta 1 came out, I had to map the USBs again, Ventura doesn't like how I had it in Monterey

Edited by PoMpIs
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, PMheart said:

I simplified some code; could you please test the new one again? Thanks!

Thanks, but this newer version got Lilu patcher KP in my Skylake (Lenovo M900) hackintosh at Ventura beta3.

No such an issue with previous 1.6.1 version of WEG.

Screenshot 2022-07-08 at 6.33.39 PM.png

Edited by jsl2000
  • Sad 1

59 minutes ago, surenmunoo said:

I do not have that enabled under sharing.

One of those items is causing the machine to wake, deselect all apart from your KB and Mouse then test sleep. At this stage it is a process of elimination.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, jsl2000 said:

Thanks, but this newer version got Lilu patcher KP in my Skylake (Lenovo M900) hackintosh at Ventura beta3.

No such an issue with previous 1.6.1 version of WEG.

Screenshot 2022-07-08 at 6.33.39 PM.png

Sorry to hear that. Could you please try https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/actions/runs/2632820831? And if this fails too, please attach -v log with `-v debug=0x100 keepsyms=1`.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, PMheart said:

Sorry to hear that. Could you please try https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/actions/runs/2632820831? And if this fails too, please attach -v log with `-v debug=0x100 keepsyms=1`.

Thanks and this one is working.

How can I identify its version in details ? by kextstat or other command in terminal ?

as.vit9696.WhateverGreen (1.6.1) 151447B0-D32D-3D9C-8D53-DF468DAFA5A6 <55 17 9 7 6 3 2 1>

Another two were also working in my hackintosh:

as.vit9696.WhateverGreen (1.6.1) 67D042B4-6BFF-3D3C-B6DB-C1DCA62182D8 <55 17 9 7 6 3 2 1>

as.vit9696.WhateverGreen (1.6.0) 629378EE-E10D-38A9-92E9-9D543A40F496 <54 17 9 7 6 3 2 1>

Edited by jsl2000
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, PMheart said:

I simplified some code; could you please test the new one again? Thanks!

Sorry to inform new code causes panic followed by reboot, reverting back to previous commit you initially authored for the moment; as long as Profile 2 is dropped "properly" I'm content :)  Thank you!

P.S: Will reference this C++ casting approach next time I wish to drop or modify values under OSArray :P

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, analise said:

Hi,

Does anyone has a similar OLD machine like mine, able to update to Ventura?

Thank you!

image.png

I have a similar one as yours, but it can not boot/install Ventura because its CPU lack of AVX2 instruction set and no support for GT 710/730 either.

Edited by jsl2000
  • Like 3
  • Sad 3

25 minutes ago, analise said:

Hi,

Does anyone has a similar OLD machine like mine, able to update to Ventura?

Thank you!

image.png

No support for nVidia Kepler dGPUs on Ventura at the moment. Only OCLP project can help provide support for such legacy hardware; your best bet would be to look out for any potential updates there: https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher

• Thanks 1

My "problem", I need to change DNS and IPv4 on my WiFi port...

No panel allow this. (I found the solution but, is a "stupid solution" xD )

can anyone please verify:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.635eabdac24af5ca05ab2bf03682731f.png

no advanced setting tab in "wi-fi" (there'a an "advanced" tab but it open a really limitated panel...) on "web" section 

(i mean, for change ipv4/6 DNS etc)

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.4977304fd44bfd7fdaa9751238e0b634.png

No advanced button (there's one advanced button on bottom but it's not what i search)

btw, it's work ok in "lan",,,

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.c0d4d2266a4d840b8d1da57374f26fe8.png

there is a "Advanced" button, if I click:

image.thumb.png.646652400b6c4068cba6d3d25f2c5873.png

All GOOD

only way to access to this panel for "wifi" connection, is to search in searching tab "ipv4" ...and click on "IPv4" in searching result...

Spoiler

image.png.029f97fe611cd62ffbdcb7b1a02941ff.png

image.thumb.png.ecb3bd5fca1ab1ce92b442bd132cf5a2.png

btw, can anyone control it please?

(just to know is my bad or is a real bug)

tnx

Edited by D3v1L
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, jsl2000 said:

I have a similar one as yours, but it can not boot/install Ventura because its CPU lack of AVX2 instruction set and no support for GT 710/730 either.

38 minutes ago, aben said:

No support for nVidia Kepler dGPUs on Ventura at the moment. Only OCLP project can help provide support for such legacy hardware; your best bet would be to look out for any potential updates there: https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher

Thank you, for your reply. Guess that its end of line for this hackintosh!

• Sad 1

Guest ricoc90
9 minutes ago, analise said:

Guess that its end of line for this hackintosh!

It sadly sure is. Even without AVX2 instruction you'd still be able to install Ventura - but as far as I understand, WITHOUT AVX2 there is no way to get graphics going, because even if you had a gpu that is natively supported, the graphics stack binaries also have been updated to rely on AVX2.

4 hours ago, bisdak4920 said:

After struggling for 48 hrs., old Haswell is still kicking. Made possible by OC 0.8.3 and Lilu 1.6.1

Screenshot 2022-07-08 at 4.30.46 PM.png

@bisdak4920 hello you can pass your efi folder, all my hackintosh are haswell... Greetings and thanks

• Like 3

Guest ricoc90
1 hour ago, D3v1L said:

btw, can anyone control it please?

(just to know is my bad or is a real bug)

tnx

It seems to be an oversight by Apple as I also have to explicitly search for it, I haven't found the settings ANYWHERE 

Edited by ricoc90

37 minutes ago, ricoc90 said:

It seems to be an oversight by Apple as I also have to explicitly search for it in order for it, I haven't found the settings ANYWHERE 

I love Apple...I love Apple too much so...i'll switch to Windows 95...more good choice! xD ahahahhahah LoL 

• Haha 2

@aben @jsl2000 Thanks for testing. I figured out that my previous test which caused kernel panic was just problematic, as `OSDictionary::withDictionary()` only creates a shallow copy, yet the properties are immutable. Anyway, the old code should continue working, and should be merged into master after we review it. Enjoy!

• Like 5

Guest ricoc90
2 hours ago, D3v1L said:

.i'll switch to Windows 95...more good choice!

Off-topic

Spoiler

I'm following your advise and I'm installing it as we speak. It seems to be indeed a much better choice. It's the newest and easiest way to do what i want with my pc!

win95.png.f376bcaa813fd1376022c00e1c98c3d4.png

Guest ricoc90
5 minutes ago, meaganmargaret said:

Is there some reason why the RX 590 (slot 0) doesn't support Metal 3?  Is it just because its old? Have you any ideas?

Polaris doesn't support metal 3, only newer GPUs (Navi, with the exception of Vega)