[pre-release] macOS Ventura

3,556 posts in this topic

X299 GA Update No more KP upon wake from sleep with the official OC 0.8.2 Release ( with Updated kexts )

Thank you Devs !!! :hyper::thumbsup_anim:

• Like 6

Hello,

I am back to MacPro7,1 system profile, since it now works again in Clover, and now I cannot find system updates anymore. I have tried to put back HWTarget in RTVariables using Clover but no luck.

Can anyone please post a good combination of HWTarget FirmwareFeatures and ExtendedFirmwareFeatures for Clover, that works 100% with system updates?

And hopefully we get the change that antuneddu linked to, into Clover, then we are good to go!

Edited by Common_Sense

I have put an SSD that I had as a spare by USB in which I had installed the Beta 2 of ventura, and when giving it to update.... it is downloading the complete installer :hysterical:

cux0655.png

• Haha 2

Guest 5T33Z0

About GPU Tab in Activity Monitor: I just learned that you can simply enable it with a defaults-write command as well, LOL

defaults write com.apple.ActivityMonitor ShowGPUTab -bool true

my 12400f has started to install.... Instead of booting from the MacOS Installer drive, I booted as I always do from the Ventura drive, and it started to install when I was in charge of the desktop ¿? I will confirm the result shortly

32DBA63E-CF83-4302-8881-6F7E3B83D3CE.thumb.jpeg.f822b26aa5dc68f510390b27f2fc68cf.jpeg

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, PoMpIs said:

my 12400f has started to install.... Instead of booting from the MacOS Installer drive, I booted as I always do from the Ventura drive, and it started to install when I was in charge of the desktop ¿? I will confirm the result shortly

32DBA63E-CF83-4302-8881-6F7E3B83D3CE.thumb.jpeg.f822b26aa5dc68f510390b27f2fc68cf.jpeg

????

3 minutes ago, PoMpIs said:

Same thing happens to me ... but when you go to check it hasn't updated ... I hope you are successful

• Sad 1

Yeah, it looks like it's updating, but it's not doing anything special and just removes the macOS Install HD. After it reboots it will just say "This update couldn't be installed, please try again" as a notification. 

Unfortunately, the latest OC build did not fix the problem properly.

Edited by Gravarty
  • Sad 1

Guest 5T33Z0
39 minutes ago, HyperX7 said:

I stuck here.

image.thumb.jpeg.9176328f0cc1bdf74a3b6872b7b67c7f.jpeghere

ACPI Error in your SSDT table containing the path SB_.PCI0.RP01.PXSX… seems to be related to _PTS method.

Disable all non-essential SSDTs and try again

16 minutes ago, antuneddu said:

Same thing happens to me ... but when you go to check it hasn't updated ... I hope you are successful

I hope you are successful and don't want to rain on your parade, but it is probably a rollback as previously mentioned by antuneddu. 

Let us know the result :)

Edit: Reason for believing it is a rollback is that you didn't boot the installer partition, and boot regular Ventura.

Edited by Common_Sense
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Gravarty said:

Yeah, it looks like it's updating, but it's not doing anything special and just removes the macOS Install HD. After it reboots it will just say "This update couldn't be installed, please try again" as a notification. 

Unfortunately, the latest OC build did not fix the problem properly.

what is the latest OC build???

11 minutes ago, PoMpIs said:

what is the latest OC build???

The one that was released a few hours ago (still 0.8.3) but it didn't really fix the problem and now kernel panics instead.

Might be OC or/and Lilu related, but for now.. i think there's no tweak/quirk to bypass it.

EDIT: I also read in the changelog that kernel panics like to happen on M1 devices as well, so it might be the most buggy version so far :D

Edited by Gravarty
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Gravarty said:

The one that was released a few hours ago (still 0.8.3) but it didn't really fix the problem and now kernel panics instead.

Might be OC or/and Lilu related, but for now.. i think there's no tweak/quirk to bypass it.

EDIT: I also read in the changelog that kernel panics like to happen on M1 devices as well, so it might be the most buggy version so far :D

Tested, instant kernel panic 😆

• Haha 1