[pre-release] macOS Ventura

3,556 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, FirstTimeCustomac said:

This looks superb! Thank you for sharing this.  Whew.... no mas tinkering around for this.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.78452cf4aa44a11aaa67b813a62f31f5.png

Hi - can you post your config.plist after removing your personal data so that I can make a comparison to my own because even though I use the above command script, I am not getting the same results as you. Thanks.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, eSaF said:

Hi - can you post your config.plist after removing your personal data so that I can make a comparison to my own because even though I use the above command script, I am not getting the same results as you. Thanks.

I had no idea about this and it worked for me 

7yaosOM.png

Just now, PoMpIs said:

I had no idea about this and it worked for me

Yes I have the same but I would like mine to read 'Built-In'. Yours does not say Built-In, yours says Slot 1. Have another look at his.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Yes I have the same but I would like mine to read 'Built-In'. Yours does not say Built-In, yours says Slot 1. Have another look at his.

I use SMBios from MacPro7.1 I guess it should be ok? 🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PoMpIs said:

I use SMBios from MacPro7.1 I guess it should be ok? 🤷‍♂️ 

This is mine and the Entries should read Built-In

Spoiler

413816771_Screenshot2022-07-07at00_35_25.png.833d1bc1b7fcdd8e9a99e2c24631cf50.png

29 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Here you go.

Config.zip

If you wish to see iGPU usage in GPU History you may use platform-id 07009B3E without enable-metal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Bootloop OC 0.8.2, 4 July 2022, mobo GA-Z490 Vision G, Intel Core i9-10850K.

Ventura behaves like a puppy chasing it's own tail and enjoying it.

Greetings Henties

• Haha 6

Thanks to everyone, I'm ready to run Ventura on my laptop (Skylake's X260, T460 equivalent Japanese laptop: NEC VK23VB-T).
Special thanks to WhatEverGreen.

Ventura installation on NEC VK23VB-T (Lenovo X260, T460) (How to adapt HD520)

https://github.com/mifjpn/NEC-VK23VB-T-Hackintosh

26d570053d7366aa933296f754b24cc6.png

The stage manager feels good.
However, the pad is still too small to launch a launcher with four fingers.😄

Edited by MifJpnAlphaPlus
  • Like 3

All these messages "same here" are useful  to understand where is the fault as we all have very different hardware and different bootloaders and tunings.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MifJpnAlphaPlus said:

Thanks to everyone, I'm ready to run Ventura on my laptop (Skylake's X260, T460 equivalent Japanese laptop: NEC VK23VB-T).
Special thanks to WhatEverGreen.

Ventura installation on NEC VK23VB-T (Lenovo X260, T460) (How to adapt HD520)

https://github.com/mifjpn/NEC-VK23VB-T-Hackintosh

26d570053d7366aa933296f754b24cc6.png

The stage manager feels good.
However, the pad is still too small to launch a launcher with four fingers.😄

よかった!

Have you experienced intermittent flickers? And are you able to play HEVC encoded videos?

• Thanks 1

Guest 5T33Z0

installation of beta 3 failed for me as well. Even with OC build from dp3_inject_fix branch.

When booting macOS Ventura disk it recovered to 22A5286j in a few minutes and notified me that some updates couldn't be installed.

I also had to revert to the last OC build from the master branch to boot into Big Sur.

Edited by 5T33Z0

2 hours ago, Slice said:

All these messages "same here" are useful  to understand where is the fault as we all have very different hardware and different bootloaders and tunings.

There are (maybe at least) two faults, one in OC and (probably at least) one in Lilu due to Apple doing weird voodoo with KC again. The former is identified, but the fix is rather involved and needs thorough testing (including old versions of macOS) and the latter was not yet identified (this causes the KP). There is nothing for the general public to test, nothing to see here.

1 hour ago, 5T33Z0 said:

I also had to revert to the last OC build from the master branch to boot into Big Sur.

Any log or detailed problem report? The branch may be buggy, hence it's not in master.

EDIT: @5T33Z0: Pushed another fix. Ideally, it now behaves as follows:

- All macOS versions before Ventura Beta 3 behave as they did before, no changes whatsoever

- Ventura Beta 3 KPs when loading Lilu, same KP has shown here multiple times

- Ventura Beta 3 without Lilu should behave like macOS does when it lacks Lilu (and especially VSMC)

- This new fix should perform more or less the same as the very first fix from yesterday (if you didn't try it, no need to, its design was flawed)

Edited by Download-Fritz
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Guest ricoc90

Same here (Did I do that right?)

On another note, it wouldn't let me do the incremental update: "Couldn't prepare the update for installation". It then offered me to download the full installer instead. However, exitting System settings and reopening the software-update panel offersme the incremental update which again fails, offers me the full download again and the circle continues. I feel like a child in a carousel.🎠

Edited by ricoc90

New development for Skylake users: 

As tested and observed, currently (as of beta 2) it is possible to achieve iGPU acceleration on SKL with help of KBL kexts/profiles (spoofing) however this came with caveats, as expected; specifically with regards to codec(s) hw-decode support. The first noticeable issue was YouTube-playback on Safari, which was resolved by simply dropping the VP9 flag from the KBL profile, since SKL does not have VP9 hw-decode support. All credits to @dhinakg and @PMheart for their collaborative work implementing a robust patch into WEG while maintaining KBL kexts untouched as possible.

Upon further testing, it seems there is actually one more codec-related issue still lurking; this time with HEVC encoded playback  even though VideoProc/VDADecoderChecker do report "full" acceleration status (enc/dec) for HEVC codec. Those spoofing to KBL may test this out by playing a HEVC encoded video via VLC, QuickTime Player etc. you should see garbled/half green frames.

After performing a few tests over the past week, I was able to track down the problematic HEVC flag in KBL profile that causes this incompatibility with HEVC playback on SKL and managed to implement a working patch in a test branch of WEG that fixes this issue. I must admit the code implemented is not exactly perfect but it does the job as far as my testing goes; no more HEVC codec issues seen.

SKL users on Ventura may choose to test below attached WEG 1.6.1 SOLELY for testing HEVC related issues or as a temporary solution while waiting for official support from Acidanthera members. CC @PMheart

skl-hevc-test.zip

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Slice said:

The problem with Lilu is not concerning me. I am booted always without it.

"nothing to see here" to you.

As you know, Clover uses OC, and OC doesn't work right now, so same difference. "Nothing to see here" was to the people who pull code review and debugging branches and complain they do not boot.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Download-Fritz said:

There are (maybe at least) two faults, one in OC and (probably at least) one in Lilu due to Apple doing weird voodoo with KC again.

What sort of voodoo? I’m Always interested in what Apple changes…