OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,759 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, vit9696 said:

@Pavo, OpenCore should be able to determine ProcessorType for your if you use automatic PlatformInfo generation or provide 0.

More details can be found here:

https://github.com/acidanthera/OcSupportPkg/blob/master/Library/OcCpuLib/OcCpuLib.c

https://github.com/acidanthera/EfiPkg/blob/master/Include/IndustryStandard/AppleSmBios.h

We tried and that didnt work 

1 hour ago, vit9696 said:

@Pavo, OpenCore should be able to determine ProcessorType for your if you use automatic PlatformInfo generation or provide 0.

More details can be found here:

https://github.com/acidanthera/OcSupportPkg/blob/master/Library/OcCpuLib/OcCpuLib.c

https://github.com/acidanthera/EfiPkg/blob/master/Include/IndustryStandard/AppleSmBios.h

I thought it would have been able to also, but as WarDoc said, we tried 0 and it didn't work. I had to convert the hex 0a0a to decimal 2750 into order to get it to work.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, vit9696 said:

Well, if you provide CPUID dumps, SMBIOS dumps with automatic detection, and OpenCore logs in acidanthera bugtracker, we may be able to improve the situation.

Yeah I am trying to figure out how to dump OpenCore logs as we speak, I am trying to send them to DataHub but no output from the command line after. If you can give me instructions on providing all those dumps and logs I will send them right over.

• Like 1

Also to add if we use 0x40 in the Target it converts to 64 under xcode, but theres nothing in the PDF to state if this is correct. for File Logging.

and this is what its doing under ProcessorType.

8 minutes ago, MacFriedIntel said:

Also to add if we use 0x40 in the Target it converts to 64 under xcode, but theres nothing in the PDF to state if this is correct. for File Logging.

Also add masks 0x01 and 0x02.

41 minutes ago, vit9696 said:

Well, if you provide CPUID dumps, SMBIOS dumps with automatic detection, and OpenCore logs in acidanthera bugtracker, we may be able to improve the situation.

Added to bugtracker

12 hours ago, MacFriedIntel said:

0x01 — Enable logging, otherwise all log is discarded.

0x02 — Enable basic console (onscreen) logging.
 0x04 — Enable logging to Data Hub.
 0x08 — Enable serial port logging.

0x10 — Enable UEFI variable logging.
 0x20 — Enable non-volatile UEFI variable logging.

0x40 — Enable logging to file.  

You need to use DEBUG or NOOPT OC version.

target = 0x45 equal decimal 69 (Xcode view)

it means you will be able to get  OpenCore.log in ESP /  and Data Hub log with this cmd

ioreg -lw0 -p IODeviceTree | grep boot-log | sort | sed 's/.*<\(.*\)>.*/\1/' | xxd -r -p

For processor type I see some thing just like 1,541 no it's 1541 = 0x605 = core i5 ( 6*256 + 0*16 + 1*5)

All value are give in hexadecimal take a look at code value in cpu.c. take a look here

https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/HEAD/tree/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/cpu.c#l1370

you will find all processor value used in clover.

Fred

Edited by FredWst

1 minute ago, PMheart said:

That is a good list but I am assuming the intent for that list is for CPUs that Apple actually uses. Where some users like myself would like to add CPUs that aren't listed natively from Apple but are within the same family type. Example would be my Xeon E5-2670v2 CPUs which are Ivy Bridge-EP, they are of type 0x0a0a where as the list you linked only supports Xeon of type 0x0501 and Xeon E5 of type 0x0a01.

4 minutes ago, Pavo said:

That is a good list but I am assuming the intent for that list is for CPUs that Apple actually uses. Where some users like myself would like to add CPUs that aren't listed natively from Apple but are within the same family type. Example would be my Xeon E5-2670v2 CPUs which are Ivy Bridge-EP, they are of type 0x0a0a where as the list you linked only supports Xeon of type 0x0501 and Xeon E5 of type 0x0a01.

A reasonable list would be ark.intel.com, which is multilingual simultaneously. :D

Look the platform up there, and find the appropriate type on my table. That's it. It looks like a switch from Intel-based type to Apple-based type to me.

EDIT: What we really want is to make the process automatic instead of helping users find the correct type...

Edited by PMheart

13 minutes ago, PMheart said:

A reasonable list would be ark.intel.com, which is multilingual simultaneously. :D

Look the platform up there, and find the appropriate type on my table. That's it. It looks like a switch from Intel-based type to Apple-based type to me.

Ok.... If I go off the list in your table then my cpu-type should be 0x0A01 since my CPU falls in the AppleProcessorTypeXeonE5 platform. If I set my cpu-type to 2561 which is the decimal conversion of 0x0A01 in OC config, System Profiler shows Unknown as CPU name. If I use OC auto detection it detects my cpu-type as AppleProcessorTypeXeon and again System Profiler says Unknown as CPU name. But if I use 2570 decimal conversion of 0x0A0A which is XeonE5Type2 platform which your list doesn't have System Profiler shows 10-Core Intel Xeon E5 as CPU name which is correct. 

• Like 1

Hi all of you dev guys my request is can any of you explain how to use Duet Pkg with OC bootLoader for Legacy booting 

i have created USB thumb drive with OC bootloader but i don't know where to place  the Duet Pkg

Edited by Rockey12

10 hours ago, Rockey12 said:

Hi all of you dev guys my request is can any of you explain how to use Duet Pkg with OC bootLoader for Legacy booting 

i have created USB thumb drive with OC bootloader but i don't know where to place  the Duet Pkg

+1

Also, an installer or a helper app (for legacy installation) would be very helpful. Even for advanced users.

21 hours ago, Rockey12 said:

Duet from Duet Pkg will not work, it requires a lot of fixes

Use boot6 from Clover distribution

• Like 1

to install

sudo fdisk -f boot0af -u -y /dev/rdiskX;
sudo boot1-install -f boot1f32 /dev/rdiskXs1;

all files are from Clover

for MBR flash drive make it active

sudo fdisk -e /dev/rdiskX
p
f 1
w
y
q

then copy boot6 to drive root folder: boot

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/12/2019 at 9:42 PM, Pavo said:

We should probably compile a list of CPU Types for people.

<key>ProcessorType</key>
            <integer>3841</integer>

Corresponds to Hex 0x0F01

"Intel Xeon W"

• Like 1

Resolution is no longer working for me and logo on boot screen disappears since updating this morning and the log is displaying 00:002 00:002 OC: Changed resolution to 0x0@0 (max: 1) from Max - Unsupported

48 minutes ago, MacFriedIntel said:

Resolution is no longer working for me and logo on boot screen disappears since updating this morning and the log is displaying 00:002 00:002 OC: Changed resolution to 0x0@0 (max: 1) from Max - Unsupported

In my case it is working as before 

I have followed your previous instruction posted some messages ago

Edited by Guest