OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,764 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Stefanalmare said:

I tried, same problem.

Well, define “tried”, this is a multi-step fix that requires latest AUDK as well. OpenDuet should work just fine again, except for NOOPT, which is still being worked on.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mhaeuser said:

Well, define “tried”, this is a multi-step fix that requires latest AUDK as well. OpenDuet should work just fine again, except for NOOPT, which is still being worked on.

Since OC 0.9.7, duet doesn't work for me. Some of OC I builded myself, others I downloaded. I use duet in 4-5 legacy rigs. With some version it don't boot at all with an error message, others boot but after drive selection, black screen and back to OC picker (last OC has this behaviour). It is true that I don't used debug version and I don't compiled myself the last OC. Next week I'll investigate more and give feedback, since I'm not at home.

No issue Compilling OC myself Xcode 15.4 in macOS Sonoma 14.5 Beta (23F5064f)

Spoiler

image.png.887de2912b09f16b26cdcc513c6cd30c.png

Booting macOS Sonoma with Duet-OpenCore-1.0.0
REL-100-2024-04-28

Machine Dell Optiplex 790 Legacy booting

Duet-OpenCore-1.0.0

You need set up Booter/Quirks/FixupAppleEfiImages=true
Then use HfsPlusLegacy.efi

See here

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 7

On 4/24/2024 at 9:07 AM, Slice said:

I am not sure but I may propose that the exfat.kext is not present in cache in recovery mode. Consider a way to inject it by a bootloader.

I inject exfat.kext by OpenCore during boot but stuck apple logo no boot issue

any idea how to inject or force load to kext by open core

7 hours ago, miliuco said:

@ameenjuz

Try the driver (ExFatDxe.efi) instead of the kext, put it into Drivers folder and config.plist and remove exfat.kext:

https://github.com/acidanthera/OcBinaryData/tree/master/Drivers

There are two different worlds divided by mach_kernel start to process. First of all it clears all interrupt vectors and set own drivers.

Briefly:

efi drivers work before kernel started

kext drivers work after kernel started including recovery mode.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, miliuco said:

@ameenjuz

Try the driver (ExFatDxe.efi) instead of the kext, put it into Drivers folder and config.plist and remove exfat.kext:

https://github.com/acidanthera/OcBinaryData/tree/master/Drivers

Didn’t work with ExFatDxe.efi but in Ventura exfat volume mountable work fine intel base Mac without ExFatDxe.efi  

other hand in macOS Sonoma exfat volume is not mount recovery mode under disk utility 

Edited by ameenjuz

Apple didn't make exfat driver working in recovery because the is no sense to use exfat during system recovery.

System recovery should use only APFS drives, exfat can be used for data store, no more. 

If you have a system installer on exfat volume then copy it in a bootloader to APFS volume and then use in recovery.

• Like 3

@chris1111 Thanks . I have been setting FixupAppleEfiImages since here, but it didn't work for me and I still needed to use OC 0.9.6 legacy boot.  I'll try again after OC 1.0.0 is released.

EDIT: I have always required HfsPlusLegacy.efi on my HackBookPro6,2 since I created the Open Core solution for it.  Since OC 0.9.7, I have assumed that I'm doing something wrong, but never took the time to debug and just reverted to OC 0.9.6 legacy boot.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, deeveedee said:

@chris1111 Thanks . I have been setting FixupAppleEfiImages since here, but it didn't work for me and I still needed to use OC 0.9.6 legacy boot.  I'll try again after OC 1.0.0 is released.

EDIT: I have always required HfsPlusLegacy.efi on my HackBookPro6,2 since I created the Open Core solution for it.  Since OC 0.9.7, I have assumed that I'm doing something wrong, but never took the time to debug and just reverted to OC 0.9.6 legacy boot.

Maybe a temporary solution

Did you try to use only boot file from OC 0.9.6 to OC 1.0.0 EFI duet

simply replace it

image.png.ab5745f79dc88ee1c199ea006d401362.png

If it work You are booting  to OC 1.0.0 after Duet Init -

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 1