OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,766 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, ammoune78 said:

I think you're missing some drivers, as HfsPlus, and the config.plist have to be cleaned from unused. The boot file not folder also need to be deleted maybe, I think it cause conflict with OC as its clover?

thanks for quick response, yes that,s why i have attached the completed files that someone can look into and give the right direction 

for testing purposes

Edited by Rockey12

6 minutes ago, Rockey12 said:

thanks for quick response, yes that,s why i have attached the completed files that someone can look into and give the right direction 

for testing purposes

I'm completely new on OC, you may need help from others too. But i forgot to mention NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, that need to be deleted, as you're using your proper DSDT, extract your CPUpm SSDT, add plugin type, and copy it to the ACPI folder.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ammoune78 said:

Hi,

Have anyone tried OC on Core2Duo machine? It sounds very interesting, thanks to the Developers: THCL and all the others! ^_^

I'd like to use it on legacy since i own several socket 775 machines

Well, I can assure you that we do test all our releases on Penryn legacy systems (e.g. Core 2 Quad). Some while ago I asked one of our members, RodionS, to post some instructions, and they are mentioned here and here. Currently we do not have (enough) people to maintain our own DuetPkg fork and/or MBR tools, which is slightly saddening, but since posted ones (thx to Clover team) already provide decent experience, you may well use the files from these links.

It might be a good idea to have a slightly better list of fixing common mistakes specific to legacy systems (for instance, ACPI patching sure needs more work than usual), and I believe this is is a good chance for the community to step in. After all everything is available for public ^_^.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1419268997_2019-05-2514_54_28.png.c2f09ad2d49e0632be026ff60b8443b2.pngthe most important ACPI patches for my hardware

1) HPET must be turned ON (_STA=0x0F), for example

Device (HPET)
                {
                    Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0103") /* HPET System Timer */)  // _HID: Hardware ID
                    Name (_STA, 0x0F)  // _STA: Status
                    Name (_CRS, ResourceTemplate ()  // _CRS: Current Resource Settings
                    {
                        IRQNoFlags ()
                            {0,8,11,12}
                        Memory32Fixed (ReadOnly,
                            0xFED00000,         // Address Base
                            0x00000400,         // Address Length
                            )
                    })
                }

2) method _PTS does nothing if Arg=05 (Shutdown)

Method (_PTS, 1, NotSerialized)  // _PTS: Prepare To Sleep
    {
        If ((Arg0 != 0x05))
        {
            //all the OEM _PTS code here:
            PTS (Arg0)
            WAKP [Zero] = Zero
            WAKP [One] = Zero
            WSSB = ASSB /* \ASSB */
            WOTB = AOTB /* \AOTB */
            WAXB = AAXB /* \AAXB */
            ASSB = Arg0
            AOTB = Zero
            AAXB = Zero
        }
    }

3 block AppleRTC writes to bytes 0x58, 0x59 (CMOS checksum) by patch

403939307_2019-05-2515_15_53.png.45c4835cb95338aea6645b905589a8da.png

or kext 

https://github.com/acidanthera/RTCMemoryFixup

Edited by Rodion2010
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, ammoune78 said:

Hi,

Have anyone tried OC on Core2Duo machine? It sounds very interesting, thanks to the Developers: THCL and all the others! ^_^

Core2Quad

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/33923/intel-core-2-quad-processor-q9450-12m-cache-2-66-ghz-1333-mhz-fsb.html

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P5E3_PremiumWiFiAP_n/

works perfectly

@Rodion2010 , can you share your EFI folder, without sensitive infos, so we could have good start, as i don't know which things i don't need or need. This could be very helpful ^_^

for ICH7/8/9/10 and some other we need to patch 

AppleAHCIPort 40600200 to 00000000 

or change SATA device-id to ICH6 8126

6 minutes ago, ammoune78 said:

@Rodion2010 , can you share your EFI folder, without sensitive infos, so we could have good start, as i don't know which things i don't need or need. This could be very helpful ^_^

Helpful is reading about "the things you need", not using my EFI folder, because DSDT, SSDT, network , graphics and audio codec are completely different - if you do not use exactly the same configuration

Edited by Rodion2010
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rodion2010 said:

for ICH7/8/9/10 and some other we need to patch 

AppleAHCIPort 40600200 to 00000000 

or change SATA device-id to ICH6 8126

Helpful is reading about "the things you need", not using my EFI folder, because DSDT, SSDT and audio codec are completely different

I have my own ACPI and kexts, but in case i miss something who knows? My laptop have already SATA and it's natively recognised, and i run on it Clover in UEFI mod on GPT. And here the config is not simple as for clover or ozmosis, this is why i talked about sharing, I'll understand quickly the things, instead of too much questions and i don't know where i'm on the progress you know.

I can share mine so you could check it if there's missing or something to delete or to correct? Then i can know what the change, and understand

My OC EFI.zip 

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing dude!
My first progress is, i’ve finally got the OpenCore boot menu, by adding the boot file provided from the link given by@vit9696.
Then i’ve got a kernel panic, and i wasn’t able to see the verbose!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Emanuele-1998 said:

Hi, I placed voodoops2controller at level 4 but it doesn't work, will it be wrong positioning?IMG_0033.jpg

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

But maybe you don't have to forget the kexts inside it's plugins folder, you may have to add them one by one!

Screenshot 2019-05-25 at 22.46.21.png

Edited by ammoune78

But maybe you don't have to forget the kexts inside it's plugins folder, you may have to add them one by one!

621719651_Screenshot2019-05-25at22_46_21.thumb.png.e1b2c0310b2650b0e29c1c6638385406.png

Then? Bundlepath VodooPS2Mouse.kext and executablepath Contents/MacOS/VodooPS2Mouse - PLIST PATH contents/info.plist ? and delete voodoops2controller in this config and put these 2 in plugin folder ?

1 hour ago, Emanuele-1998 said:

Then? Bundlepath VodooPS2Mouse.kext and executablepath Contents/MacOS/VodooPS2Mouse - PLIST PATH contents/info.plist ? and delete voodoops2controller in this config and put these 2 in plugin folder ?

As described in the configuration note, you need to inject the master kext and it's plugins, so in our case laptops, need both VoodooPS2Controller, then VoodooPS2Keyboard, then VoodooPS2Mouse and Voodoops2Trackpad each one of them separately with it's path and enabled and it's own executable, for the plugins path it will be the: VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/Plugins/VoodooPS2Keyboard, and so on for the two other like in the screenshot configuration note

Screenshot 2019-05-25 at 23.07.03.png

Edited by ammoune78

@Andrey1970 , is there any patch to add in the config for the APIC and Kernel LAPIC like clover config patch. My laptop now is able to boot but i know that without these two patch, it will always  have these two kernel-panics: LAPIC & APIC.

It's an old laptop, but because it's the only one that i have actually, and it runs High Sierra better than windows 7 or 10, quiet and smooth using Clover. It have an UEFI bios from insydeH2O, but i don't know why windows 10 is unable to be installed on UEFI mod, anyway, if there's these two fixes, i'll really appreciate it.

Its UEFI image screenshot:

401763825_Screenshot2019-05-26at00_01_40.thumb.png.49dd4e09ef3991fef935a2bf0b7c2681.png

[mention=1202492]Andrey1970[/mention] , is there any patch to add in the config for the APIC and Kernel LAPIC like clover config patch. My laptop now is able to boot but i know that without these two patch, it will always  have these two kernel-panics: LAPIC & APIC. It's an old laptop, but because it's the only one that i have actually, and it runs High Sierra better than windows 7 or 10, quiet and smooth using Clover. It have an UEFI bios from insydeH2O, but i don't know why windows 10 is unable to be installed on UEFI mod, anyway, if there's these two fixes, i'll really appreciate it.

Its UEFI image screenshot:

401763825_Screenshot2019-05-26at00_01_40.thumb.png.49dd4e09ef3991fef935a2bf0b7c2681.png

UNLOCKED BIOS ?

Finally done, booted fine to High Sierra desktop with it, however, the ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 graphics doesn't show up in About This Mac, but it's injected, i only need to find the trick.

Let me say it's a very good bootloader, small and smart, don't require too much, and this is only the beginning. Thanks you very much the Developers and a special to @vit9696 & @Download-Fritz

• Like 2