OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,759 posts in this topic

Just now, Download-Fritz said:

Do the drives show up in Shell ("map -b" to see the mappings, "ls fsX:" to show root content)? Do they show up in Clover? Do they show up in the FW boot selector? Attach an OC boot log please.

no they do not show at all only ssd card no nvme evo or pro

1 minute ago, Download-Fritz said:

Do the drives show up in Shell ("map -b" to see the mappings, "ls fsX:" to show root content)? Do they show up in Clover? Do they show up in the FW boot selector? Attach an OC boot log please.

Yes the NVME drive shoes up in Shell. It shows up in Clover and I am currently booted to it in Clover. The drive shows up everywhere except OC. 

image.png.039351390f399e86150b749d90a241e3.png

How do I dump an OC Boot log when the drive does not show up in OC?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Download-Fritz said:

He stated they work in clover the issue isn't clover it's opencore not seeing Nvme (PCIEx4) or Sata Mode

Just now, Download-Fritz said:

If they do not show anywhere, this issue is not related to OpenCore, probably open a dedicated thread in the general UEFI subforum.

its due to open core as they show in clover just not in the open core boot section

4 minutes ago, Download-Fritz said:

If they do not show anywhere, this issue is not related to OpenCore, probably open a dedicated thread in the general UEFI subforum.

It's not a UEFI issue it's an OC issue if clover can see the drives

sorry for the bold no idea why that was on :blush:

Edited by MacFriedIntel
Bold text

Just now, MacFriedIntel said:

It's not a UEFI issue it's an OC issue if clover can see the drives

Please tone down the bold font when I draw conclusions from improperly answered questions. None of them was "do they show up in OpenCore?", yet they were answered with "the drives do not show up". Still, no boot log has been provided.

• Like 1

Please tone down the bold font when I draw conclusions from improperly answered questions. None of them was "do they show up in OpenCore?", yet they were answered with "the drives do not show up". Still, no boot log has been provided.

How can you provide a boot log for something that doesn't boot, if you can't boot from the drive where do we generate a log?

4 minutes ago, Download-Fritz said:

please tell us how to provide a boot log if they are not showing in the boot selection?Untitled3245.jpg.5b27f2cfe1a66d00d4a4c13c94d35fbb.jpg

Edited by errorexists

2 minutes ago, Download-Fritz said:

I will provide a boot log, tell me where the boot log button is? Or how to extract it from the EFI folder?

image0.jpg

Here is my OC Menu, and here is my clover menu...
image.thumb.png.bf369b6bd7b3d7fcbd908be8d912187d.png

How do I provide a log?

The OpenCore Reference Manual specifies the possible debug targets in section "7.4 Debug Properties, 4. Target". You can log to serial, NVRAM variable or file to obtain it withour booting an OS.

Where would this manual be? I do not see it on the GitHub.

1 minute ago, fabiosun said:

Expected to be reference manual, named Configuration. Will provide a boot log shortly.

Just now, fabiosun said:

a thanks could be enough...

:)

Thought I hit the heart, missed by an inch <3 just a bit frustrated that this issue kept getting buried and shrugged off. I have no issues providing what is required to assist in fixing the issue.

Alright guys, so the PDF clearly states... image.png.d0a3f7ab3607aeea6d1e9c40a3540c47.png

So I tried the Data Hub approach, but I can't boot into macOS using OC to retrieve that log. When I fail booting OC and then boot Clover, the Data Hub output of 

ioreg -lw0 -p IODeviceTree | grep boot-log | sort | sed 's/.*<\(.*\)>.*/\1/' | xxd -r -p

becomes my Clover boot log, and not OC.

So what are my options now?

1 minute ago, MrTrip said:

Alright guys, so the PDF clearly states... image.png.d0a3f7ab3607aeea6d1e9c40a3540c47.png

I don't have the time to keep up with every little implementation detail of the overall project or to keep replying to such stuff. I gave you three options, one is unavailable, you pick one not part of the list and wonder why it doesn't work... DataHub was intentionally not included because it is volatile and unavailable after a reboot, and, as you can see, collides with Clover's variable, which makes it impossible to use chainloading as a debugging method, at least for the moment. Using the NVRAM variable, one part of my listed options, would have given you both pre-boot and chain-loaded post-boot log availability from within any OS.

If you are not happy with getting unrefined instructions to debug, that is just fine, because my system works.

• Like 3

@MrTrip If you have Clovers boot-log, then you probably actually booted with Clover / get mixed with OxC.

You may try this tool to get OxC log as a temporary solution.

Need to be load with: "bcfg driver add x OpenCoreExt.efi OpenCoreExt".
Not to put it into "/EFI/OC/Drivers" (or resulting black screen).

On OxC config.plist set:

<key>Misc</key>
<dict>
  <key>Debug</key>
  <dict>
    <key>Delay</key>
    <integer>0</integer>
    <key>DisplayLevel</key>
    <integer>2151678018</integer>
    <key>Target</key>
    <integer>1</integer>
  </dict>

o.png

Tools.zip

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Download-Fritz said:

I don't have the time to keep up with every little implementation detail of the overall project or to keep replying to such stuff. I gave you three options, one is unavailable, you pick one not part of the list and wonder why it doesn't work... DataHub was intentionally not included because it is volatile and unavailable after a reboot, and, as you can see, collides with Clover's variable, which makes it impossible to use chainloading as a debugging method, at least for the moment. Using the NVRAM variable, one part of my listed options, would have given you both pre-boot and chain-loaded post-boot log availability from within any OS.

If you are not happy with getting unrefined instructions to debug, that is just fine, because my system works.

You did not specify those were my only options. Logging to serial I have no idea how that would even work so NVRAM it is.... this is my output

image.png.81a2e49b7ccaebc9790b2fbc03e4214b.png

8 minutes ago, cecekpawon said:

@MrTrip If you have Clovers boot-log, then you probably actually booted with Clover / get mixed with OxC.

You may try this tool to get OxC log as a temporary solution.

Need to be load with: "bcfg driver add x OpenCoreExt.efi OpenCoreExt".
Not to put it into "/EFI/OC/Drivers" (or resulting black screen).

On OxC config.plist set:

<key>Misc</key>
<dict>
  <key>Debug</key>
  <dict>
    <key>Delay</key>
    <integer>0</integer>
    <key>DisplayLevel</key>
    <integer>2151678018</integer>
    <key>Target</key>
    <integer>1</integer>
  </dict>

o.png

Tools.zip

Where does "bcfg driver add x OpenCoreExt.efi OpenCoreExt". that command go?

7 minutes ago, MacFriedIntel said:

Where does "bcfg driver add x OpenCoreExt.efi OpenCoreExt". that command go?

EFI Shell, everyone needs to remember this project is still in development and it is 100% related to UEFI, so if you are trying to get debug information you need to also be able to search how to debug UEFI..... so look into using EFI Shell a lot.

8 minutes ago, Pavo said:

EFI Shell, everyone needs to remember this project is still in development and it is 100% related to UEFI, so if you are trying to get debug information you need to also be able to search how to debug UEFI..... so look into using EFI Shell a lot.

Yes got it thanks :)

• Like 1

This is the best I can get at the moment, if it is not correct let me know and I'll keep trying.

image0.jpg?width=467&height=623

Edited by MrTrip