OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,740 posts in this topic

hi

Is inside OC a similar ACPI fix I use in clover?

FixIpic

FixRegions

DeleteUnused

FixMutex

FixHeaders

Thank you

4 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

hi

Is inside OC a similar ACPI fix I use in clover?

FixIpic

FixRegions

DeleteUnused

FixMutex

FixHeaders

Thank you

FixIpic = use DSDT/SSDT

FixRegions = RebaseRegions

DeleteUnused = use DSDT/SSDT

FixMutex = use DSDT/SSDT

FixHeaders = NormalizeHeaders

• Like 2

@vit9696

Recent Z390 Aptio V motherboards don’t support native NVRAM with AptioFixPkg. With Clover the solution is to use EmuVariableUefi.efi.  Is there any way to emulate NVRAM with OpenCore?

1 hour ago, Download-Fritz said:

try verbose?

hello fritz

how I do that , I have -v in boot

only can do select what partition to boot , next apple logo, and stop the boot

no verbose output

good to talk with you :thumbsup_anim:

thanks

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, artur_pt said:

hello fritz

how I do that , I have -v in boot

only can do select what partition to boot , next apple logo, and stop the boot

no verbose output

good to talk with you :thumbsup_anim:

thanks

Screen Shot 2019-05-01 at 12.11.03.png

• Like 1

Hello all.

How to change boot priority in bootpick? I want my macOS Mojave partition  ( #3 iMacPro) as primary boot. 

Is the asterisk showing automatic boot partition or?

Now I have:

* 1. BOOTCAMP Windows  (not booting with OC BOOTx64.efi. Why?)

2. EFI  (Which EFI Partition?  (I have 2 nvme m.2 disk in my rig) Can I hide this partition?

3. BACKUP (my backup-partition on my second nvme m.2 disk) Can I hide this partition?

3. iMacPro (the partition I want to boot automatically to)

4. Recovery 10.14.4 (dmg) 

Any ideas?

Edited by obus

1 minute ago, obus said:

Hello all.

How to change boot priority in bootpick? I want my macOS Mojave partition  ( #3 iMacPro) as primary boot.

Now I have:

* 1. BOOTCAMP Windows  (not booting with OC BOOTx64.efi. Why?)

2. EFI  (Which EFI Partition?  (I have 2 nvme m.2 disk in my rig) Can I hide this partition?

3. BACKUP (my backup-partition on my second nvme m.2 disk) Can I hide this partition?

Any ideas?

This feature has not yet been implemented.
Developers are working on its implementation.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, uglyJoe said:

Malformed dsdt / ssdt / patches -> rework or try with IgnoreForWindows=YES

IgnoreForWindows=YES under ACPI/patch or wear?:whistle:

Edited by obus

Nearly there! 

How to hide BACKUP.

It's not working in quirks. Primary boot partition should be iMacPro and not my backup disk.

Can I hide BACKUP I imagine that prime partition will be iMacPro.

* 3. BACKUP (my backup-partition on my second nvme m.2 disk) Can I hide this partition?

21 minutes ago, Download-Fritz said:

you cannot without disconnecting it or rendering it unbootable

Is there a way to boot straight into my iMacPro (osMAC) partition at all for the moment without disconnect my backup drive?:) 

Bumping with my issue again since it got buried... honestly I don't know why we have these mega threads when questions get buried faster than they can be viewed or answered.

Z390 Chipset, macOS is installed to my NVME Samsung 960 Pro, is seen by Clover when booting but not seen by OC when booting. Another Z390 user has this same issue. Z370 seems to not have this issue, we've tried the exact same setup as the Z370 user and no go. An issue was posted on the bug tracker and it was closed and told people to come here for support. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MrTrip said:

Bumping with my issue again since it got buried... honestly I don't know why we have these mega threads when questions get buried faster than they can be viewed or answered.

Z390 Chipset, macOS is installed to my NVME Samsung 960 Pro, is seen by Clover when booting but not seen by OC when booting. Another Z390 user has this same issue. Z370 seems to not have this issue, we've tried the exact same setup as the Z370 user and no go. An issue was posted on the bug tracker and it was closed and told people to come here for support. 

yup still waiting for the same issue

3 minutes ago, MrTrip said:

Is this option turned on in your config.plist?

549647662_2019-05-0118_02_26.png.cf780719bd9b74e0e49693ab1b9607bf.png

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MrTrip said:

This is a big issue for a lot of people and we need a solution for this especially for Evo Drives and Z390/Z370 and Z97 Chipsets

I understand Opencore is New, but i honestly agree with you we need a multi-thread forum solutions for issues, so that if people have found a fix to it, that individual issue can be seen and resolved quicker.

• Like 2