[pre-release] macOS Monterey

1,859 posts in this topic

Hi,

I try on 2 hacks no success.

MacBookPro16,2 update doesn't appear need to launch macOSDeveloperBetaAccessUtility to see it but full 11 Go.

after all process it did not update and stay on beta 6

IMac18,3 update appear 2,3 Go install but perpetual reboot.

oc 0.7.4 both hack on beta 6 : Secure Boot disabled bios and oc

Fred

Edited by FredWst

Using a USB with my EFI cloned I booted with SecureBootModel set to j160 so show the update. While the update was downloading changed SecureBootModel back to Default and set the SMBios to iMac17,1. Used the USB EFI to complete the first boot into "Macintosh HD" and after that reboot removed the USB and proceeded to use my main EFI with SecureBootModel Default and MacPro7,1 SMBios.

Just don't boot into your system with the different SMBios or your iMessage, iCloud, Watch Unlock etc could get broken :D 

Screenshot_2021-09-21_at_23.15.15.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

:thumbsup_anim:

537341688_Schermata2021-09-22alle00_29_38.png.8586f8eb493b2de57ba3229527ed1b98.png

Just finished now, I deactivated the apple account generated a new smbios imac17,1 (it seems to work) Securebootmodel = default, re-downloaded for the nth time the update completed successfully, put my EFI back with smbios imac19,1 and
Securebootmodel = Disabled 

Strange I had tried with Clover and smbios imac 17.1 did not work

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Update shown with SecureBootModel j160 and ApECID (I guess ApECID has nothing to do with it, just j160).
SecureBootModel changed to Disabled (and ApECID = 0) during download before rebooting but install fails. 
Note: of course TPM disabled in BIOS.

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hervé said:

I don't believe TPM has any relevance here.

I had to disable TPM for last Beta otherwise I got boot loop, if I leave it off Windows (on another disk) complains about Product Key.

Update successfully.

1. Backup config.plist

2. Change the SMBIOS to iMac17,1 dont't change other items.

3. Redownload the update and reboot to update.

4. When firest update stage finished and the update item in bootloader was disappeared then change back to the original config.plist which just backup.

5. Continue to update stage 2 and stage 3.

6. Update to Beta7 successfully.

QQ20210922-071118@2x.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, MorenoAv said:

Changed SecureBoot Model for Default, DmgLoading to Signed, and SMBios to iMac17,1, and now I have the update...

PS: I have TPM enabled on Bios...

Captura de ecrã 2021-09-21, às 21.31.47.png

Any harm leaving the secureboot model to Default?

My SMBIOS is a macmini8,1. Setting secureboot model to Default able to update to latest beta.

But I am thinking if i leave SecureBoot Model to j174 & DmgLoading to Signed any issues?

1 hour ago, Bios-PC said:

didn't change anything , secure boot enabled and tpm also 

security j160 Mac Pro 7.1 , also smbios 

The ability to download is only half the problem, for the majority it is the installation after which results in constant reboots. If you get past that stage congrats to you, this latest Beta is not as straight forward as previous I am afraid.

• Like 2