[pre-release] macOS Monterey

1,859 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, eSaF said:

No Bro - you need it Enabled to boot and install Windows 11 (at least on my rig) otherwise when you reach the Windows desktop it deactivates and breaks the Windows Activation key forcing a complete Windows fresh install. 

Sorry yes I did, New MLB, SmBIOS, S/N to match 17.1 Mac Model. The only data in that category that remained was the MAC address.

Thanks eSaf, @5T33Z0 and all the others-i followed your advice-and was finally able to complete update-kept getting the notorious 'update reboot loop'  after first stage. But after changing-smbios to iMac17,1 and SBModel = Disable -finally success!

NB: Cant find TPM in bios and have always ignored it, although i had to remove some troublesome kexts from Library Extenstions which caused a small issue in the final stage but this is user specific

OpenCore 0.7.4, HP Pavillion Gaming 595, i5 9400F, Radeon RX 580 8GB

Screenshot 2021-09-22 at 12.52.37 PM.png

Edited by ndungu6678
  • Like 1

[mention=1083558]SavageAUS[/mention] - Try the tips above then switch back to your regular Mac Model, worked for me and others.

From what I’m reading the update should appear, download it, reboot with different smbios, next reboot revert back to proper smbios and continue update. The problem I have is not the downloading or installing but the update not showing up at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Beta 7 full installer is available for download for fresh install.

From where?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

From what I’m reading the update should appear, download it, reboot with different smbios, next reboot revert back to proper smbios and continue update. The problem I have is not the downloading or installing but the update not showing up at all.

From where?

Beta 7 full installer is not yet available

https://mrmacintosh.com/macos-12-monterey-full-installer-database-download-directly-from-apple/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, ic005k said:

Set "SystemProductName" to iMac17, 1, and change it back to your own model after the update is complete.

Thanks Bro but it's all done as I reported a few posts above. :thumbsup_anim:

Spoiler

795110741_ScreenShot2021-09-22at12_21_53.png.d568a302253a1d5069168597bf04a9f5.png

1 hour ago, SavageAUS said:

From where?

Yes WHERE ????

I'm either confused or have a problem or both.....

based on what I read above, I changed my model to imac17,1 and set SecureBootModel to disable.

Once I rebooted I was able to DL the update.

However, once going through the install and rebooting the update never took and it looks to do it again....the loop.

So how do I get out of this loop? If I change everything back and rebook, I'm guessing the update won't be available to DL again....

@Matgen84 17.1 Mac model for some reason seems to be the ideal one to use. I don’t know why I just followed the general consensus and it worked for me. Run First Aid in Disk Utility and check the health of your current install. Any errors will likely cause the Beta 7 install over Beta 6 to fail. Follow the tips I posted earlier. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chris1111 said:

Geforce 710 support is Gone

Ouch. I hope they haven't completely killed Kepler support as I have a 670 on my Monterey hack.

I tried the update yesterday but after I got back to the desktop (after what looked like a successful update) the update was still showing up in Software Update. Checking the build on my system I was still on B6.

Looking at the update partition the last_update_result.plist gives this as the reason for the update failing: MSU 1140 (EFI ROM does not support large BaseSystems).

I'm using MP6,1 SMBIOS here. Not going to change it for a beta update so I'll sit this one out and see if it's a bug or something more significant.

• Like 1

Hi,

Update was not shown on my hack MacBookPro16,2.

I setup OC secure boot config.

ForceSecureBootScheme : YES

DmgLoading : Signed

SecureBootModel j214k

After reboot, update is proposed.

SecureBoot, Tpm, Sgx disable in bios.

But still Loop reboot after update (see error post before.)

Fred

Edited by FredWst

53 minutes ago, Riley Freeman said:

Ouch. I hope they haven't completely killed Kepler support as I have a 670 on my Monterey hack.

I tried the update yesterday but after I got back to the desktop (after what looked like a successful update) the update was still showing up in Software Update. Checking the build on my system I was still on B6.

Looking at the update partition the last_update_result.plist gives this as the reason for the update failing: MSU 1140 (EFI ROM does not support large BaseSystems).

I'm using MP6,1 SMBIOS here. Not going to change it for a beta update so I'll sit this one out and see if it's a bug or something more significant.

Kepler is Killed

but some patch exist since yesterday

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

Arghhhh, I have a GTX 760. How do I apply this patch?

I use my  Kext-Install.app with the patch Binaries files

Install done Reboot 

Test on DELL Optiplex 790 Sandy bridge system i5 2500K UEFI booting OpenCore 0.7.3  Works well :rofl:

1453711347_ScreenShot.png.18e05e94a5da4b38fd1e80a60ffaf7b4.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, ic005k said:

Set "SystemProductName" to iMac17, 1, and change it back to your own model after the update is complete.

Wow this worked man! The only thing i changed was the "SystemProductName" to iMac17,1 and the update went thru. No messing with SecureBoot Model needed.

Anyone can explain why iMac17,1?

6 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

I use my  Kext-Install.app with the patch Binaries files

Install done Reboot 

Test on DELL Optiplex 790 Sandy bridge system i5 2500K UEFI booting OpenCore 0.7.3  Works well :rofl:

1453711347_ScreenShot.png.18e05e94a5da4b38fd1e80a60ffaf7b4.png

So you do ths in post via screen sharing or how?

Or before the install?