[pre-release] macOS Monterey

1,859 posts in this topic

40 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

anyone knows why this happened?

Bro I just removed -v from bootarg and all is ok. Try putting it back and see the the result, maybe something else was changed on your system by mistake, the removal of that entry shouldn't cause that effect.

• Like 1

Just now, SavageAUS said:

I’m using clover as my boot loader so it doesn’t have that option.

Ah Ok Bro - I left Clover behind a while ago so I am out of the loop so I don't know of a work around, sorry.

4 hours ago, AudioGod said:

For anybody that’s not seeing the beta6 update using smbios 1,1 or 7,1 and probably anything else, What you need todo is go into the Config.plist and set the SecureBootModel to j160 restart and the update will show up...

Thank you my friend, I've tried a lot of changes but your suggestion is the only one that has solved muy problem. Strange thing. x86legacy / disabled have not worked but J160 did.

• Like 3

It's all very strange and has me baffled.

What I'm finding confusing to is some users are able to get the update by setting x86legacy instead of default using 0.7.2 or higher.

This makes zero sense as having it set as Default or x86legacy on 0.7.2 is exactly the same thing yet 3 people have reported x86legacy as working but not Default and they are all using 0.7.2 or newer. 

Explain that one? LoL

I give up trying to understand what's going on here. 😂

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, AudioGod said:

Word of warning, if you're using j137 and 1,1 that won’t work. For some reason it needs to be j160 or bust.

That could of just been on the two systems I tried it on but that’s what it looks like to me so far anyway. More people and more tests might expand on that though so it’s only via my bird eye and not set in stone..

Interesting, using IMP1,1 on a Coffee Lake system on OC .66 or so. Setting j137 did make software update show up.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

It's all very strange and has me baffled.

What I'm finding confusing to is some users are able to get the update by setting x86legacy instead of default using 0.7.2 or higher.

This makes zero sense as having it set as Default or x86legacy on 0.7.2 is exactly the same thing yet 3 people have reported x86legacy as working but not Default and they are all using 0.7.2 or newer. 

Explain that one? LoL

I give up trying to understand what's going on here. 😂

Yes, it's very strange (for now). With j160, Software Update is offering to me the beta 6. But I have to revert to x86legacy or disabled during the download, before rebooting, as you suggest. Keeping j160 the update doesn't finish.

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 1

Guest 5T33Z0
5 hours ago, AudioGod said:

That’s why it works for everybody. 🤣

Yeah, right, it works absolutely perfectly … for EVERYBODY…  🤣

350591438_Bildschirmfoto2021-08-31um18_52_40.thumb.png.1bae4635a2125a2f95f1e95bd6cdf56f.png

Edited by 5T33Z0

Read the thread and draw your own conclusions. Everybody is happy and the many outweigh the few or in this case the one. Sorry it ain’t working for you but you are the only one. Unlucky dude

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 2

Guest 5T33Z0
1 hour ago, Slice said:

Clover 5138. Nothing to change

Screenshot 2021-08-31 at 19.13.35.png

Tried Clover as well… same result: no Update available.

Edited by 5T33Z0

Using Windows 10 OS+VMware Workstation Pro 16.1.x +macOS Unlocker.

New Beta does not show, in fact I wasted 1-2 hours with 12 GB reinstallation that gave me ... same OLD version I already used anyway.  :cry:

What lines should I add or change in VMX file again? :unsure:

Edited by Naki

35 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

Tried Clover as well… same result: no Update available.

Clover doesn’t work with beta6 atm update wise, it’s got to be OpenCore.

did you reset your NVRAM after you set it to j160 and restarted plus made sure sip is enabled and your seal isn’t broken?

Other then that I have no clue why it don’t work for you. 

Edited by AudioGod

6 minutes ago, Slice said:

What do you mean?

Apologies Mr slice I stand corrected.

I have been watching countless try’s and fails with clover and beta6 to get the update to show up.
What do you have to do different to get it working may I ask or is it just working with no doing?

Edited by AudioGod

43 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Apologies Mr slice I stand corrected.

I have been watching countless try’s and fails with clover and beta6 to get the update to show up.
What do you have to do different to get it working may I ask or is it just working with no doing?

As far as I understand the Update is proposed for some mac models: iMac17,1, iMac19,1, iMacPro1,1, MacPro7,1. And I am not sure about other models.

Then you should have correct other SMBIOS, SMC, NVRAM settings which is default for Clover.

Voila! I changed nothing to get the update.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Slice said:

As far as I understand the Update is proposed for some mac models: iMac17,1, iMac19,1, iMacPro1,1, MacPro7,1. And I am not sure about other models.

Then you should have correct other SMBIOS, SMC, NVRAM settings which is default for Clover.

Voila! I changed nothing to get the update.

Over on the AMD side of life what we are finding using macpro7,1 or iMacpro1,1 using OC is unless the SecureBootModel is set to j160 the update fails to appear but also leaving it set on j160 make the update fail so it’s a case of having to use j160 to find the update and while it’s downloading reverting the SecureBootModel back to Default or disabled so when it restarts the install will complete…lol.

Also it’s happening to Intel users too using the same smbios as above plus others. 
It’s a bit of a process but it’s working for most.

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hervé said:

I'm using Clover r5133 and MBP13,1 on my Skylake Dell Latitude E7270 laptop. SIP set to 0xFEF. No issue updating to beta 6 yesterday.

I'm using OC 0.7.1 and MBP11,4 on my Haswell Toshiba R50B laptop. SIP set to 0x285. SecureBoot disabled. No issue updating to beta 6 yesterday.

The update not showing up seems to be happening mostly to AMD builds using SMBIOS 1,1 and 7,1 with OC and some Intel builds of various SMBIOS types, The fix that works for most is a strange one and it doesn’t really make sense to me if I’m honest, it’s just weird but at least it working for most now so that will do. :)

Edited by AudioGod