[pre-release] macOS Monterey

1,859 posts in this topic

Guest 5T33Z0

I also didn't get the update notification yet.  But I also don't believe that this issue is SIP-related. Because no matter which csr-active-config you are using, you can override these settings from the Bootloader and re-enable SIP temporarily. I believe it's probably just a result of a stepped roll-out of macOS based on Location/Continent and/or mac model or whatever.

For anybody that’s not seeing the beta6 update using smbios 1,1 or 7,1 and probably anything else, What you need todo is go into the Config.plist and set the SecureBootModel to j160 restart and the update will show up and then disable the SecureBootModel while it’s downloading and let the system do its thing. This is the only method that seems to work so far. 

365069918_Screenshot2021-08-31at10_19_04.png.cf6a3fb13fdd81e831dcbeaa3c63903a.png

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, antuneddu said:

Set according to Dortania 

csr-active-config>data>00000000 

SIP completely enabled (0x0).

https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/troubleshooting/extended/post-issues.html#disabling-sip

Mine is permanent like this. I have nothing outside of EFI / OC so I don't need to disable it
also do an NVRAM reset afterwards 🤞

I changed my csr-active-config>data>00000000, and enabled SIP, and no update...

But @Hervé clarified the reason of the update no show...

Thanks

Just now, antuneddu said:

Then try to set in securebootmodel a value that suits your smbios as mentioned by @AudioGod

Word of warning, if you're using j137 and 1,1 that won’t work. For some reason it needs to be j160 or bust.

That could of just been on the two systems I tried it on but that’s what it looks like to me so far anyway. More people and more tests might expand on that though so it’s only via my bird eye and not set in stone..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I tried your suggestion @AudioGod, and it don't work I have SMBIOS 7,1 and j106... update no show...

I forgot to mention if we change the value for secure boot it don't work with Any in DMGLoading, I had to boot with my usb installer and change that...

Thanks anyway...

1 minute ago, MorenoAv said:

I tried your suggestion @AudioGod, and it don't work I have SMBIOS 7,1 and j106... update no show...

I forgot to mention if we change the value for secure boot it don't work with Any in DMGLoading, I had to boot with my usb installer and change that...

Thanks anyway...

j160 not j106, Restart and reset your nvram.

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

Ups my bad I changed it im my config.plist to j160 and not j106, I write it wrong...

Sorry...

Be right back, reboot and rest NVRAM...

Edited by MorenoAv

@AudioGod - That is an interesting find B. This is my SecureBootModel setting (as shown in the attached) and the update showed up automatically, just to add, I am now using Mac Model 19.1 with both internal and dedicated GPU. Don't know how much or if that makes a difference to anything. :unsure:

Spoiler

1627341066_Screenshot2021-08-31at10_41_37.png.a25d4323802f7d69bbe27e78aebd7896.png

• Like 2

Guest 5T33Z0

I doubt that the issue is related to SecureBootModel. As you can see: SIP is enabled, SecureBootModel is enabled. Still no notification. And this installation is from yesterday, fresh on a brand new NVME.

1620405699_Screenshot2021-08-31at12_51_18.thumb.png.078d21620c5f6f8e82eb09b51b18eb12.png

@5T33Z0 - I maybe mistaken but I understood the post as such - 'For anybody that’s not seeing the beta6 update using smbios 1,1 or 7,1 and probably anything else'.

The tip by @AudioGod seems to be working for quite a few members.

Edited by eSaF

Guest 5T33Z0
2 minutes ago, eSaF said:

@5T33Z0 - I maybe mistaken but I understood the post as such - 'For anybody that’s not seeing the beta6 update using smbios 1,1 or 7,1 and probably anything else'.

The reactions make it look like adding SecureBootModel (if it exists) to the corresponding SMBIOS would resolve thes issue – it doesn't.

Ok Bro - So all those that tried the tip and got the desired result was just a fluke???!!! - Well ok then no worries.

Not disregarding your statement but strange things happens with Betas (not following what we generally expect) on non Apple Machines.

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

The reactions make it look like adding SecureBootModel (if it exists) to the corresponding SMBIOS would resolve thes issue – it doesn't.

That’s why it works for everybody. 🤣

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 5T33Z0 said:

I doubt that the issue is related to SecureBootModel. As you can see: SIP is enabled, SecureBootModel is enabled. Still no notification. And this installation is from yesterday, fresh on a brand new NVME.

Spoiler

1620405699_Screenshot2021-08-31at12_51_18.thumb.png.078d21620c5f6f8e82eb09b51b18eb12.png

Your SecureBootModel is j185f. Set it to j160 and reboot and you'll get the update notification. While it's downloading set it back to j185f. Simple as that.

• Like 3

Well I have a situation that is a first for me...

Right now I wanted to remove -v in my config.plist and I'm confronted with the EFI>APPLE>UPDATER>MULTIUPDATER> a bunch of files, and my OC is gone... anyone knows why this happened?

Thanks

Captura de ecrã 2021-08-31, às 12.57.56.png

Captura de ecrã 2021-08-31, às 12.58.11.png

Captura de ecrã 2021-08-31, às 12.58.22.png

Captura de ecrã 2021-08-31, às 12.58.33.png

Captura de ecrã 2021-08-31, às 12.58.47.png

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, AudioGod said:

Word of warning, if you're using j137 and 1,1 that won’t work. For some reason it needs to be j160 or bust.

That could of just been on the two systems I tried it on but that’s what it looks like to me so far anyway. More people and more tests might expand on that though so it’s only via my bird eye and not set in stone..

j160 worked like a charm. thanks!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1