[pre-release] macOS Big Sur

3,698 posts in this topic

47 minutes ago, Henry2010 said:

The RC2 upgrade removed my Command Line Tools.

Is it the same with yours? :surprised:

No. Reinstall them. Not a big deal. You sure you didn't also update Xcode? Each new update requires you to redownload them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tiem said:

No. Reinstall them. Not a big deal. You sure you didn't also update Xcode? Each new update requires you to redownload them.

There was only RC2 in Software Update.

Was just wondering if it could be a bug as it never happened before.

Edited by Henry2010

I’m trying to fresh install of rc1, I don’t have rc2 yet. I am using clover on my AMD machine. After choosing my disk and the first install phase I get a normal reboot, boot back to clover then I’m presented with boot macOS install from (via preboot) and (macOS Big Sur - this is what I named the disk).

Which one do I choose for successful install?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

I’m trying to fresh install of rc1, I don’t have rc2 yet. I am using clover on my AMD machine. After choosing my disk and the first install phase I get a normal reboot, boot back to clover then I’m presented with boot macOS install from (via preboot) and (macOS Big Sur - this is what I named the disk).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suppose macOS install because it’s usually gone after the installation / update has finished.

Spoiler

I still wonder why people still use Clover. No beef for it and actually it’s what I used when I made my return into the world of hackintosh, but it seems like the problems are way more than the advantages compared to OpenCore.

Ok.  Here is a reason. 

Have clover left over and it boots everything from Sierra to Catalina.

A recent Catalina supplemental update hung the OC bootloader but booting in Clover allowed the update to continue.  After update finished was able to boot normally in Open Core.

• Haha 1

On 11/11/2020 at 11:59 AM, SavageAUS said:

until it disappears, you have to use  --> boot macOS install from (via preboot)

• Like 1