OpenCanopy Icons

blackosx
1,484 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, miliuco said:

What I see seems to be ok. But you have PickerVariant=Modern which is an option of 0.6.9. In 0.7.0 you have to have the Resources/Image folder structured in subfolders with the format Theme-creator/Theme name.

OcBinary data now have the following icon sets:

• Acidanthera\GoldenGate - macOS 11 styled.
  • Acidanthera\Syrah - macOS 10.10 styled.
  • Acidanthera\Chardonnay - macOS 10.4 styled.

We have 2 ways to assign a value to PickerVariant:

• Predefined aliases:
    Default: Automatically select Acidanthera\GoldenGate.
    Auto: Automatically select one set of icons based on the Default Background colour: Acidanthera\GoldenGate for Black and Acidanthera\Chardonnay for Light Gray.
  • Icons sets included into its own folder (as mentioned above), writing the value Creator\Set in PickerVariant. For example, you have 3 icon sets made by different vendors:
    EFI\OC\Resources\Image\Acidanthera\GoldenGate\Apple.icns, AppleRecv.icns, ApleTM.icns, BtnFocus.icns...
    EFI\OC\Resources\Image\Blackosx\BsxM1\Apple.icns, AppleRecv.icns, ApleTM.icns, BtnFocus.icns...
    EFI\OC\Resources\Image\Chris1111\Apple-BnW\Apple.icns, AppleRecv.icns, ApleTM.icns, BtnFocus.icns....

Depending on the value of PickerVariant: 

• PickerVariant=Default > GoldenGate is the chosen theme
  • PickerVariant=Blackosx\BsxM1 > BsxM1 is the chosen theme
  • PickerVariant=Chris1111\Apple-BnW > Apple-BnW is the chosen theme.

PickerVariant intentionally supports \ or / as separator, e.g. Blackosx\BsxM1 or Blackosx/BsxM1.

Note: you must remove prefixes from icon names.

Try and comment.

I tried it... Nothing Worked for me...Could you please Check my Efi.... Please.  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yG-fYfMZq73gs_GZGG32mgDnEY5SEXpw/view?usp=sharing

Edited by iamprabhuantony

25 minutes ago, iamprabhuantony said:

I tried it... Nothing Worked for me...Could you please Check my Efi.... Please.  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yG-fYfMZq73gs_GZGG32mgDnEY5SEXpw/view?usp=sharing

In your config.plist: chris1111/OnLight ---> In EFI/Resources/Images/chris1111/On-Light: not the same   name for sub-folder :) Try to edit.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

In your config.plist: chris1111/OnLight ---> In EFI/Resources/Images/chris1111/On-Light: not the same   name for sub-folder :) Try to edit.

getting this

OCUI: Failed to load Resources\Label\SIPEnabled.tbl
OCUI: Failed to load images

OC: External interface failure, fallback to builtin- Unsupported

Screenshot_20210529-122008.png

36 minutes ago, iamprabhuantony said:

getting this

OCUI: Failed to load Resources\Label\SIPEnabled.tbl
OCUI: Failed to load images

OC: External interface failure, fallback to builtin- Unsupported

Screenshot_20210529-122008.png

As  @antuneddu said, your Resources/Label folder is not up to date. Follow his advice.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, mick3lson said:

Just for cosmetic purpose is possible to rename Windows EFI partition, I tried with OpenCore 0.6.9 but have occurred duplicated entries...

You can rename Windows entry only if it's a custom entry in Misc > Entries, here you can write your desired name in Name.

The Windows automatically detected by OpenCore doesn't have this choice.

What I do is to write in ScanPolicy a value that doesn't scan NTFS file systems (so Windows automatically detected is hidden) and to set Windows as a custom entry with the name I prefer. A value for that can be

ScanPolicy=2687747.

See here.

EDIT: if you want OpenCore to scan also EXT file system ScanPolicy must be 2691843.

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@iamprabhuantony Since 3 days ago all theme on Github is correct ;) don't forget to use label folder it contain the new files committed

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 3

I’ve updated all my theme names to no longer end with an underscore which was only used for readability purposes before we could use individual theme dirs with the upcoming OpenCore 0.7.0z

I’ve also updated most of the themes listed in the first post (except for. BsxDarkFenceYellowOrange1) to make them fully compatible with the upcoming OpenCore 0.7.0, though BsxOc1 and BsxDarkSpace1 need further updates but they work as they are.

EDIT: BsxDarkFenceYellowOrange1 has been updated.

Further updates include all the Set5 icon sets which are now also ready for 0.7.0.

I did submit a pull request to the dortania OpenCore-Gallery to highlight my themes first but I guess these requests take time to get actioned. Hopefully someone will get round to it soon.

EDIT: The changes to the .md file were used and the page has now been updated.

I will work on new stuff as and when I get time.

Edited by blackosx
Update post
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, blackosx said:

I’ve updated all my theme names to no longer end with an underscore which was only used for readability purposes before we could use individual theme dirs with the upcoming OpenCore 0.7.0z

I’ve also updated most of the themes listed in the first post (except for. BsxDarkFenceYellowOrange1) to make them fully compatible with the upcoming OpenCore 0.7.0, though BsxOc1 and BsxDarkSpace1 need further updates but they work as they are.

Further updates include all the Set5 icon sets which are now also ready for 0.7.0.

I did submit a pull request to the dortania OpenCore-Gallery to highlight my themes first but I guess these requests take time to get actioned. Hopefully someone will get round to it soon.

I will work on new stuff as and when I get time.

Great job!!! The removal of the underscore at the end of the names seems fine to me, this was useful when the icons had prefixes but with the new structure of the Image folder I see it more beautiful without that ending.
I congratulate you for the effort made. Hope the OpenCanopy gallery will be up to date in no time.

• Like 2

Sharing my opencanopy BigSurFlat theme.

If you like use it, if you don't...prrrrrr :D

I didn't find something similar, but maybe something similar exists and I didn't search well....anyway, here it is:

Spoiler

BigSurFlat opencanopy theme preview

Zip file updated and fixed

Background included in this zip file can be used at 1x with a width resolution of 1920px: more resolutions available here:

Available on github:

https://github.com/82ghost82/BigSurFlat

Opencanopy-BigSurFlat-Theme.zip

Edited by ghost8282
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ghost8282 said:

Sharing my opencanopy BigSurFlat theme.

If you like use it, if you don't...prrrrrr :D

I didn't find something similar, but maybe something similar exists and I didn't search well....anyway, here it is:

Very nice with the blurred bakground!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, miliuco said:

I really like the blurred background,

Yeah I agree, I wanted a background same as the default login screen or that of launchpad, I like a lot that types of pictures, especially of real photo; I think that of Catalina is the best, but that of big sur is great also.

Then drew/modified some icons to fit it, I chose white and flat according to my preferences.

Thanks a lot for your feedback, I'm only running 2x 1920x1080 monitors, so I couldn't really test how it fit a 4k.

• Like 1

mmm...sorry for the question, but does the mouse click works if the pointer is on the icon but in a transparent area? I have sporadic issues with left clicks not recognized, I don't know if it's because of the icons or an issue with opencanopy.

Thanks

3 hours ago, ghost8282 said:

mmm...sorry for the question, but does the mouse click works if the pointer is on the icon but in a transparent area? I have sporadic issues with left clicks not recognized, I don't know if it's because of the icons or an issue with opencanopy.

Thanks

OpenCore picker

The icon is selected with a mouse touch even if the pointer touches a transparent area of the icon.

macOS Finder
The icon is not selected if the pointer touches a transparent area of the icon.

Edited by miliuco
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, miliuco said:

OpenCore picker

The icon is selected with a mouse touch even if the pointer touches a transparent area of the icon.

Hi @miliuco

Would you mind making a test please?

Can you boot into opencanopy and try several times to click one time (single click) to the recovery icon (or nvram reset), then back to apple (or any solid icon, like the uefi shell one), then to recovery again and apple and so on (it could need several clicks to trig the bug), and see if the selection square moves accordingly?

Because randomly in my case it misses clicks.

I replaced these icons with solid color squares and this doesn't happen, nor it happens with the default acidanthera icons (which are solid too)..

I opened a bug into the bugtracker, I'm using the UsbMouseDxe.efi driver because I'm using qemu, so I'm not sure if the issue is with the driver or with opencanopy+transparent icons.

https://github.com/acidanthera/bugtracker/issues/1679

Thanks

Edited by ghost8282

No need for the test!

Andrey1970AppleLife just replied in the bugtracker.

I need to add opacity (1% is ok), an icon cannot have 0% opacity inside.

I'm replacing the icons now, I will delete the zip I attached and replace with the correct one.

I added also a video in the bugtracker, showing the issue it causes if 100% transparency is inside an icon.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ghost8282 said:

No need for the test!

Andrey1970AppleLife just replied in the bugtracker.

I need to add opacity (1% is ok), an icon cannot have 0% opacity inside.

I'm replacing the icons now, I will delete the zip I attached and replace with the correct one.

I added also a video in the bugtracker, showing the issue it causes if 100% transparency is inside an icon.

Excelent! Tell me when the fixed zip is done. Although it seems to work fine in my system.