Jump to content
851 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, ghost8282 said:

Fixed, now every click is registered on my build:

 

Can you please check with your 4k if you spot something strange? Should be ok with that 1% opacity

bravo bel lavoro Daniele , I don't know if it's my problem but the mouse doesn't work at all with the previous version yes

Schermata 2021-06-11 alle 16.21.12.png

Schermata 2021-06-11 alle 16.21.32.png

14 minutes ago, antuneddu said:

I don't know if it's my problem but the mouse doesn't work at all with the previous version yes

Grazie, thanks. No mouse with the updated zip, but mouse works ok with the previous version?

Very strange, I only replaced icns files from the previous zip..

Make sure you have the cursor icon.

Edited by ghost8282
2 minutes ago, ghost8282 said:

Grazie, thanks. No mouse with the updated zip, but mouse works ok with the previous version?

Very strange, I only replaced icns files from the previous zip..

I do another test I reset the nvram well let's see a bit ... bo

Edited by antuneddu

@ghost8282 @antuneddu

I have pointer in the new version of the theme.

Really both versions seem to work as expected in my system.

I understand that setting opacity 1% is the way to fix the problem of the first version but, as far as I have seen, on my PC it also worked well.
The new version of the theme works perfectly. And it's a very beautiful theme.

 

Edited by miliuco
17 minutes ago, STLVNUB said:

Ok I'm a lazy so and so and I know it off topic

Now for the $6,000,000 question

How do you get OC to display GUI

Don't seem to be happening here

Any help appreciated.config.plist.zip

 

try to set for  $ 6,000,000
PickerAttribute to 144 😃 I assume you have updated opencanopy.efi and the resources folder

theme.png

Edited by antuneddu
2 hours ago, antuneddu said:

try to set for  $ 6,000,000
PickerAttribute to 144 😃 I assume you have updated opencanopy.efi and the resources folder

theme.png

thank You, now to figure out why it boots so S L O W

3 hours ago, antuneddu said:

try to set for  $ 6,000,000
PickerAttribute to 144 😃 I assume you have updated opencanopy.efi and the resources folder

theme.png

Dont work

17 minutes ago, STLVNUB said:

Dont work

I assume that you now have PickerAttributes=144 or 150 and not 151 as in the config.plist file that you have uploaded. Because the OpenCanopy developers recommend disabling the 0x0001 - OC_ATTR_USE_VOLUME_ICON option when using Flavours.
From my post:

 

"There is a new flavours system for custom icons in Entries and Tools. It's set in Misc> Boot> PickerAttributes.
A new bitmask 0x0080 - OC_ATTR_USE_FLAVOUR_ICON has been added in PickerAttributes. When it's true enables flavours, boot entries content descriptions to have custom icons for Entries and Tools. These flavours can be enabled when PickerAttributes=144 (0x90 hex) which is the sum of:
- 0x0010 - OC_ATTR_USE_POINTER_CONTROL + 0x0080 - OC_ATTR_USE_FLAVOUR_ICON -> 10 + 80 = 90 hex = 144 decimal.
When using flavours, it is recommended to disable: 0x0001 - OC_ATTR_USE_VOLUME_ICON."

 

If now:
1. you have PickerAttributes=144 or 150
2. you have downloaded the latest OcBinaryData folder (the one with Labels for ToogleSIP)
3. the directory structure Image/Bsx/Bsx-Flat-Green matches the value of PickerVariant=Bsx/Bsx-Flat-Green (/ and \ are valid)
4. all files in the EFI folder are from the same version of OpenCore
Then it should work fine, it's strange that it doesn't work, go over these 4 points.

 

Edited by miliuco
5 minutes ago, miliuco said:

I assume that you now have PickerAttributes=144 or 150 and not 151 as in the config.plist file that you have uploaded. Because the OpenCanopy developers recommend disabling the 0x0001 - OC_ATTR_USE_VOLUME_ICON option when using Flavours.
From my post:

 

"There is a new flavours system for custom icons in Entries and Tools. It's set in Misc> Boot> PickerAttributes.
A new bitmask 0x0080 - OC_ATTR_USE_FLAVOUR_ICON has been added in PickerAttributes. When it's true enables flavours, boot entries content descriptions to have custom icons for Entries and Tools. These flavours can be enabled when PickerAttributes=144 (0x90 hex) which is the sum of:
- 0x0010 - OC_ATTR_USE_POINTER_CONTROL + 0x0080 - OC_ATTR_USE_FLAVOUR_ICON -> 10 + 80 = 90 hex = 144 decimal.
When using flavours, it is recommended to disable: 0x0001 - OC_ATTR_USE_VOLUME_ICON."

 

If now:
1. you have PickerAttributes=144 or 150
2. you have downloaded the latest OcBinaryData folder (the one with Labels for ToogleSIP)
3. the directory structure Image/Bsx/Bsx-Flat-Green matches the value of PickerVariant=Bsx/Bsx-Flat-Green (/ and \ are valid)
4. all files in the EFI folder are from the same version of OpenCore
Then it should work fine, it's strange that it doesn't work, go over these 4 points.

 

@miliuco take a look here                 a minute later it doesn't work  anymore 🤪

 

9 minutes ago, antuneddu said:

@miliuco take a look here a minute later it doesn't work  anymore 🤪...

Sorry, I see yo have told to him the same advices :(

On 6/10/2021 at 6:30 PM, ghost8282 said:

I have sporadic issues with left clicks not recognized

There was indeed a bug with transparent icons and opencanopy, with clickable area (with opacity different than 0%) shifted, that was fixed in recent commit:

https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/commit/02b994933c851211c623df503705fac70316e52c

 

Updated discussion:

https://github.com/acidanthera/bugtracker/issues/1679

 

Now with old theme version, clicking on transparent area do nothing, with updated theme all the 0% opacity zones inside the icons are replaced with 1% opacity, so "fake" transparent zones inside the icons are clickable.

Edited by ghost8282
12 hours ago, ghost8282 said:

There was indeed a bug with transparent icons and opencanopy, with clickable area (with opacity different than 0%) shifted, that was fixed in recent commit...

Interesting!!! That is to say that, in addition to the problem of clicking on transparent areas of the icon, as a result of your comment Mike Beaton and mhauser saw that there was a bug "in click detection in transparent icons - the clickable parts were basically offset from where they should be" (in his own words).
With the correction made in OpenCore it was not necessary to change the icons to 1% opacity but I think it is better this way, the theme looks the same as before (very nice) and now it is less likely that the click with the pointer fails.

Good job!!!

 

On 6/10/2021 at 8:02 PM, ghost8282 said:

Sharing my opencanopy BigSurFlat theme.

If you like use it, if you don't...prrrrrr :D

I didn't find something similar, but maybe something similar exists and I didn't search well....anyway, here it is:

 

  Reveal hidden contents

BigSurFlat opencanopy theme preview

 

Zip file updated and fixed

 

Opencanopy-BigSurFlat-Theme.zip 2.07 MB · 28 downloads

I don't know if it's my problem but my wallpaper is not full screen

19162938.thumb.png.804c8f08d5088698b6f1f2cfb732f592.png

Edited by thientruongdx

You say you are using 1920x1200 and from your screenshot I see black bars top and bottom so this says to me that the background in that theme is only 1920x1080 (I’m guessing and have not checked).


OpenCanopy does not scale background images so you need to use a background image the same size (or larger) as your display resolution. 

 

The designer of any theme needs to ensure they either create one large image that’s suitable for all resolutions which OpenCanopy will centre in the display, or supply multiple background images at different resolutions for the user to choose for their system.

 

On 6/19/2021 at 11:35 AM, thientruongdx said:

I don't know if it's my problem but my wallpaper is not full screen

Thank you for your feedback.

I'm sorry this has caused a minor issue, I modified and added the backgrounds, so that all the backgrounds at different resolutions are squared pictures.

Available width: 1024px, 1220px, 1366px, 1440px, 1600px, 1680px, 1920px, 2560px.

 

Backgrounds are packed in the attached files (had to split because of forum limit size).

 

Download both Backgrounds-BigSurFlat.zip.001 and Backgrounds-BigSurFlat.zip.002, extract the archive, read the README.txt file, it explains what background to use.

In your case:

. you have a resolution of 1920x1200 px

. Use Background.icns in folder Width-1920px and copy (replace) it into EFI/OC/Resources/Image/daniele/BigSurFlat/

 

That background has a resolution of 1920x1920@72 and 3840x3840@144, so it will be cropped at 1920x1200@72, just like mac os does with the wallpaper.

The same Background.icns is valid also for 1920x1080 px, or more in general with 1920xYYYY px (where YYYY<=1920)

Backgrounds-BigSurFlat.zip.001

Backgrounds: zip file 002

Backgrounds-BigSurFlat.zip.002

Edited by ghost8282
1 hour ago, ghost8282 said:

Thank you for your feedback.

I'm sorry this has caused a minor issue, I modified and added the backgrounds, so that all the backgrounds at different resolutions are squared pictures.

Available width: 1024px, 1220px, 1366px, 1440px, 1600px, 1680px, 1920px, 2560px.

 

Backgrounds are packed in the attached files (had to split because of forum limit size).

 

Extract Backgrounds-BigSurFlat.zip, read the README.txt file, it explains what background to use.

In your case:

. you have a resolution of 1920x1200 px

. Use Background.icns in folder Width-1920px and copy (replace) it into EFI/OC/Resources/Image/daniele/BigSurFlat/

 

That background has a resolution of 1920x1920@72 and 3840x3840@144, so it will be cropped at 1920x1200@72, just like mac os does with the wallpaper.

The same Background.icns is valid also for 1920x1080 px, or more in general with 1920xYYYY px (where YYYY<=1920)

 

Thanks @ghost8282 The zip file is in two part, so I've to download the two for unzip. :)

6 hours ago, ghost8282 said:

Thanks edited ^

 

I'm using your Icon set, it's very nice and I've updated to your latest backgrounds. Thanks!


It runs perfectly when UIScale = 02, but if I change this value to 01, then the OC menu reverts to text mode. Is this an icon size issue?

 

(Big Sur is latest 11.5 beta and OC is latest commit. I'm presently using an RX580 with a 27 inch display set to 3840x2160.)

×
×
  • Create New...