OpenCanopy Icons

blackosx
1,484 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, blackosx said:

Thanks @antuneddu. Very true. 

But I forgot to ask, would you all prefer i concentrated on icon sets or themes? 

Oooh, Oooh, themes and Sets please or am I being greedy and unreasonable. :hysterical: Leave it all up to you kind Sir. :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, blackosx said:

Thanks @antuneddu. Very true. 

Spoiler

But I forgot to ask, would you all prefer i concentrated on icon sets or themes? 

EDIT: maybe it sounds a silly question but to me there’s a difference, a set of icons is just that, but for a theme a background and icons need to work together (does that make sense?).

Spoiler

I honestly do not know what to tell you, do what you feel and you can, it should not be an obligation, everything that comes from you is welcome, you know we are your followers :lol: , I would like to contribute but the skills apart from small touches are incomparable with yours and those of @chris1111

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ha. Yeah.. thanks for the replies. I’m happy to continue doing both but I guess I’m just thinking out loud about the best use of my time moving forward.  I mean if I create 100 icons sets with maybe 70% of those being colour variations, how many of those will actually be used compared to creating maybe 5 themes?

Edited by blackosx
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, blackosx said:

Ha. Yeah.. thanks for the reply. I’m happy to continue doing both but I guess I’m just thinking out loud about the best use of my time moving forward.  I mean if I create 100 icons sets with maybe 70% of those being colour variations, how many of those will actually be used compared to creating maybe 5 themes?

I think  you actually do a set with
Fifty shades of gray (as in the fim) I think a lot of them remain parked, so then it's better to create a few less shades and an extra background. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for confirming exactly what I was thinking. :)

In fact it’s mainly only you I’ve seen take my icons and put them on your own background.

I will move forward with less icon set variations and more complete sets with a background. 

Edited by blackosx
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, blackosx said:

Thanks for confirming exactly what I was thinking. :)

In fact it’s mainly only you I’ve seen take my icons and put them on your own background.

I will move forward with less icon set variations and more complete sets with a background. 

Or maybe work with @antuneddu sometimes, and release his backgrounds and your icons sets together as themes? At least when he comes up with a doozy like that violet/pink/purple one I liked so much and am using as my daily driver for now! :) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for your replies @chris1111 and @Bmju.

I have a clearer direction now and will start a fresh when I get back from my break.

4 hours ago, Bmju said:

Or maybe work with @antuneddu sometimes, and release his backgrounds and your icons sets together as themes? At least when he comes up with a doozy like that violet/pink/purple one I liked so much and am using as my daily driver for now! :) 

That's definitely something to think about.. I mean I would never have come up with that violet/pink/purple background. :P

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, blackosx said:

I have a clearer direction now and will start a fresh when I get back from my break.

That's definitely something to think about.. I mean I would never have come up with that violet/pink/purple background. :P

@antuneddu is more daring in the colors and you are more classic in the designs, I am more like you :)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bmju said:

Thank you, I would also like to clarify why it is not right that I take credits that do not belong to me :angel_not:  , I take the images from the web that I like the most I do not create them from 0 maybe I add some logos or alter the colors to adapt them the most is possible to icons :P

Schermata 2021-05-22 alle 18.08.50.png

Schermata 2021-05-22 alle 18.09.09.png

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, antuneddu said:

Ola @miliuco with flavour I no longer need to name the Windows  in Harddrive icon and  vice versa due to scanpolicy :frantics:

Thanks for the info, I keep renaming the icon but I'm going to try without changing the name as you tell me.

EDIT: Yes, you're right, renaming is no longer necessary if flavour is used. 

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, blackosx said:

Well, just to be clear, I was referring to the whole theme - the combination - as the doozy! So I guess if you produce really beautiful icons @blackosx , and someone like @antuneddu works to pair them with backgrounds (wherever he gets them from! ;-p ) to make beautiful complete themes that lazy programmers like me can just take and use, then that works really well for the rest of us. And thank you both for your work! :-)

On 5/21/2021 at 12:00 AM, antuneddu said:

1261685605_Schermata2021-05-21alle00_57_51.thumb.png.b3bea9754bd9ecc82d2d7c571b242be8.png

PS ... which icon set and background is this one, pls? :)

Edited by Bmju
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Bmju said:

Well, just to be clear, I was referring to the whole theme - the combination - as the doozy! So I guess if you produce really beautiful icons @blackosx , and someone like @antuneddu works to pair them with backgrounds (wherever he gets them from! ;-p ) to make beautiful complete themes that lazy programmers like me can just take and use, then that works really well for the rest of us. And thank you both for your work! :-)

PS ... which icon set and background is this one, pls? :)

I did some tests for flavor I did not save the theme, a couple of minutes and I will also tell you because when I enter the files OpenCanopyIcons-master form @blackosx there is to get lost :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, antuneddu said:

@Bmju as a background I had used the one of the s8 found here I did it again   -_-

Background.icns.zip 4.72 MB · 4 downloads

This background... I like it so so, does not finish convincing me.

How easy to comment when one does not contribute anything.

The rest of us will also have to create backgrounds for @blackosx sets of icons.

8 hours ago, antuneddu said:

@Bmju as a background I had used the one of the s8 found here I did it again   -_-

Background.icns.zip 4.72 MB · 5 downloads

Nice - it's the way you had it zoomed in more on the detail of the trees and stars (and moonlit mountains) in your demo that worked for me! :yes:

What's the S8 set, btw? Thx!

Edited by Bmju
  • Like 1

By the way, I have to admit that like @miliuco said, I'm probably (well, definitely!) just dabbling, when it comes to the work of the artists! But also @antuneddu, I think you add more value than you realise, when you combine @blackosx's icons with really well suited backgrounds - even if they're 'just' ones you find and customise slightly - to make some great full themes! /M

Edited by Bmju
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, iamprabhuantony said:

Please Guide me. I am on latest opencore 0.7.0. but booting theme not showing up... it goes to the menu like. boot screen. Please Check this...

What I see seems to be ok. But you have PickerVariant=Modern which is an option of 0.6.9. In 0.7.0 you have to have the Resources/Image folder structured in subfolders with the format Theme-creator/Theme name.

OcBinary data now have the following icon sets:

• Acidanthera\GoldenGate - macOS 11 styled.
  • Acidanthera\Syrah - macOS 10.10 styled.
  • Acidanthera\Chardonnay - macOS 10.4 styled.

We have 2 ways to assign a value to PickerVariant:

• Predefined aliases:
    Default: Automatically select Acidanthera\GoldenGate.
    Auto: Automatically select one set of icons based on the Default Background colour: Acidanthera\GoldenGate for Black and Acidanthera\Chardonnay for Light Gray.
  • Icons sets included into its own folder (as mentioned above), writing the value Creator\Set in PickerVariant. For example, you have 3 icon sets made by different vendors:
    EFI\OC\Resources\Image\Acidanthera\GoldenGate\Apple.icns, AppleRecv.icns, ApleTM.icns, BtnFocus.icns...
    EFI\OC\Resources\Image\Blackosx\BsxM1\Apple.icns, AppleRecv.icns, ApleTM.icns, BtnFocus.icns...
    EFI\OC\Resources\Image\Chris1111\Apple-BnW\Apple.icns, AppleRecv.icns, ApleTM.icns, BtnFocus.icns....

Depending on the value of PickerVariant: 

• PickerVariant=Default > GoldenGate is the chosen theme
  • PickerVariant=Blackosx\BsxM1 > BsxM1 is the chosen theme
  • PickerVariant=Chris1111\Apple-BnW > Apple-BnW is the chosen theme.

PickerVariant intentionally supports \ or / as separator, e.g. Blackosx\BsxM1 or Blackosx/BsxM1.

Note: you must remove prefixes from icon names.

Try and comment.

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 1