[Release] macOS 10.15.4 is out!

mnfesq

231 posts in this topic

Well this time and this update didn't go that well, first it says that isn't possible to install macOS in this computer, after that in about this Mac is updated... and finally in the boot screen of clover the install from macOS Catalina - date is there and stays there... how can I solve this?

Captura de ecrã 2020-03-24, às 21.08.55.png

IMG_0970.HEIC

IMG_3408.HEIC

1 hour ago, DoZe said:

Argggghhh…...

Clover 5107, whatevergreen v1.3.7

Works perfectly fine before.

-disablegfxfirmware of waiting for a new whatevergreen release ? 

HDNevrStat1.JPEG

-disablegfxfirmware in boot argument: WORKS

But I suppose a new version of Whatevergreen kext will be released to solve this.

Updated my Main workstation, no issues, upgraded the HP800 G1, no issues. going to have a go on the HP Laptop.

Here is what I do to enable success 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Updated kext - you can use Kext Updater or clover configurator.
Updated to Clover 5107

it's important to make sure you are selecting the correct drivers, its not always going to pick up all that you need, use Clover Configurator to mount your EFI Folder and make note of what files you have in EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers/UEFI. Most the issues are from the drivers getting removed after the install. While you have the EFI portion mounted, backup up your Clover folder to a flash drive. you may need a file.

Reboot and make sure all is good before upgrading. if all is working, proceed with the 10.15.4 update

Update OS 10.15.4 and let reboot

After reboot make sure you select the drive in the clover menu in the line up with the "- data" at then end. Clover will not select the right one by default.

Let the update continue. 20 minutes depending on your system and internet speed, but could even take longer.

Next reboot, make sure your os drive is selected. Clover will not select the right one by default.

Let update continue. 15 minutes or longer

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Done on my 3 x hackintoshes:

• Core2Duo + GeForce GT730 desktop (Dell Vostro 200) -> all Ok with usual telemetry plugin replacement; Clover r5093
  • Ivy Bridge + HD4000 laptop  (Dell Latitude E6230) -> all Ok but XCPM no longer supported during & after the update; had to revert to CPU-specific SSDT + AICPUPM patch; Clover r5103
  • Kaby Lake + UHD620 laptop (Dell Latitude 7490) -> all Ok but had to use -lilubetaall and -disablegfxfirmware to complete the update; not required afterwards; Clover r5107 + latest Lilu/WEG

how about hdmi on your kabylake laptop?

on your ivy laptop, did you checked Kernelxcpm option in config?

나의 SM-N960N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Hi there, I can't get it installed here... I've clover 5107 and latest Lili + WE + AppleALC kexts.... DATA install volume doesn't show upon reboot...

I'll appreciate your help.

Cheers,

D.

Edited by Dragster27

[mention=980913]Sherlocks[/mention], of course I used KernelXCPM + KernelPm options on the Ivy Bridge; that's how it was working up until 10.15.3 and still works previous macOS versions such as in High Sierra or Mojave.

Re: HDMI output on my Kaby Lake Latitude 7490, it's business as usual: works perfectly with same patch as before in place. HDMI audio stills works too.
IMG_3235.JPG.836945b7075ba4e4b022d2458ecf70bc.JPG
okay i will check xcpm patch.

this process work for hdmi?
1. power off and connect hdmi cable to laptop
2. power on and boot macos catalina.
3. are you getting hdmi? it means to get mac windows without black screen.

i have issue at 3part. i'm getting black screen with connected hdmi cable after boot.
i have to unplug cable and plug it again. then i can get hdmi.

나의 SM-N960N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄