[Release] macOS 10.15.4 is out!

mnfesq

231 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, telepati said:

Try with PowerNap disabled. Cause I remember darkwave affect to PowerNap. 

Ok I uncheck that. What do think, I check "prevent suspension of computer activity" (first line)

Hope.

(Note: computer sleep only for macbook, maybe)

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, tyufhl said:

/System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/X86PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources

976073142_2020-03-3013_06_00.thumb.png.28c8b44c94b0a430af10edf15472b483.png

Where I can find this plist file for my SMBIOS Imac19,1! Please.

15 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Where I can find this plist file for my SMBIOS Imac19,1! Please.

Look at the title of screenshot.

/System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/X86PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources

Fred

Edited by FredWst
  • Thanks 1

On 3/29/2020 at 2:18 AM, Sherlocks said:

@tonyx86 @Hervé

TRY THIS

com.apple.driver.AppleRTC
E8 07 00 00 00 89 D8 5B
90 90 90 90 90 89 D8 5B

com.apple.driver.AppleRTC

E8 3B FE FF FF 89 C3 85
90 90 90 90 90 89 C3 85

@Sherlocks Thank you for your quick reply.  Sorry for my slow reply.  I did test your proposed fix and also found what you already know - it does not address the bios reset.  Just to be certain that I applied it correctly, I applied the following to my Clover (r5107 legacy) config.plist:

<key>KextsToPatch</key>
                <array>
                        <dict>
                                <key>Comment</key>
                                <string>10.15.4 CMOS Reset</string>
                                <key>Disabled</key>
                                <false/>
                                <key>Find</key>
                                <data>6AcAAACJ2Fs=</data>
                                <key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
                                <false/>
                                <key>MatchOS</key>
                                <string>10.15.4</string>
                                <key>Name</key>
                                <string>com.apple.driver.AppleRTC</string>
                                <key>Replace</key>
                                <data>kJCQkJCJ2Fs=</data>
                        </dict>
                        <dict>
                                <key>Comment</key>
                                <string>10.15.4 CMOS Reset</string>
                                <key>Disabled</key>
                                <false/>
                                <key>Find</key>
                                <data>6Dv+//+Jw4U=</data>
                                <key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
                                <false/>
                                <key>MatchOS</key>
                                <string>10.15.4</string>
                                <key>Name</key>
                                <string>com.apple.driver.AppleRTC</string>
                                <key>Replace</key>
                                <data>kJCQkJCJw4U=</data>
                        </dict>
                </array>

EDIT: As expected, bios reset problem is gone after reverting to Catalina 10.15.3. 

Edited by tonyx86
Added note about reverting to 10.15.3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Hervé said:

Assuming you tested it with both patches enabled...

Not sure of your question.  Are you referring to this:

key>Disabled</key>
 <false/>

Depends on what I'm doing - I still go back and forth between Configurator and XCode and I always check my plist with XCode after using configurator.  A habit I developed before configurator was ready for prime time. 

Both rules are Disabled > False.

Hi Guys. Anyone else having issues with sleep on 10.15.4? When it wakes from sleep, the screen is either black (but OS is running - it beeps and boops if I press on the keyboard), or desktop is shown but no wifi nor bluetooth - and everything except cursor is frozen (impossible to switch windows, ...). Also, fan is going full throttle :/ 

I upgraded my fully working Lenovo X250 from a fully working 10.15.3 yesterday and having these issues ever since (Clover 5108, all kexts updated before update, OCQirks 20.1, VirtualSMC-1.1.1).

Is there a particular list of things to check when issues concerning sleep arise? Check NVRAM? Kexts? ACPI? I'm not sure, but maybe it's related to @WizeMan problem. My hibernatemode is 0, but I also deleted sleepimage to be sure.

Thanks!

6 minutes ago, chatelp said:

Hi Guys. Anyone else having issues with sleep on 10.15.4? When it wakes from sleep, the screen is either black (but OS is running - it beeps and boops if I press on the keyboard), or desktop is shown but no wifi nor bluetooth - and everything except cursor is frozen (impossible to switch windows, ...). Also, fan is going full throttle :/ 

I upgraded my fully working Lenovo X250 from a fully working 10.15.3 yesterday and having these issues ever since (Clover 5108, all kexts updated before update, OCQirks 20.1, VirtualSMC-1.1.1).

Is there a particular list of things to check when issues concerning sleep arise? Check NVRAM? Kexts? ACPI? I'm not sure, but maybe it's related to @WizeMan problem. My hibernatemode is 0, but I also deleted sleepimage to be sure.

Thanks!

... continued: I tried SSH-ing to the machine after sleep in order to check logs and run 'top'. I suspect that some process/kext is going rogue because I can hear the fan going crazy after wake from sleep. Unfortunately, I can connect to SSH and get to prompt on the machine but cannot run any command. Commands hangs and never return.

Any ideas on how to debug further? Disabling kexts one by one in clover ?

1 hour ago, chatelp said:

Thanks!

Yep... I'm having issues as well. Sleep is not working fine anymore...the machine reboots on wake up... it works perfectly on 10.15.3 under the same config/EFI install and kexts (Clover 5108, Latest Lilu, WEG , AppleALC.. USB ports properly fixed... )... Apple definitely changed something... I've changed SMBIOs, tested with different darkwake values... removed com.apple.Power* form /Library/Preferences to no avail...  

Edited by Dragster27

On 3/27/2020 at 11:06 PM, CMMChris said:

If you use HDMI, unplug it and plug it in again.

These versions of Lilu and WEG solve the problem.  Add igfxonln=1 to boot args or force-online to device properties to fix the problem. Found on other site. Stay safe all. Thank you everyone for the hard work.

Lilu.kext.zip

WhateverGreen.kext.zip

• Like 2

On 3/28/2020 at 12:13 PM, Matgen84 said:

Hi @Hervé @telepati and all users

Since update 10.15.4 on my Z390 Aorus Master, I have a problem force eject at wake up: for test, I use a Install USB drive.

• Clover latest commit: USB drive mount less than 2second at wake up
  • Opencore latest commit: USB drive keep unmount at wake up

The problem occurs with USB devices.

USB Legacy Mode disable in BIOS, don't work. 

Any ideas! Please

@CMMChris @Hervé @telepati @Sherlocks and all users.

Despite Darwake=0, FixSleepImage  and Energy Saver settings: the problem remain on my Z390 Aorus Master :cry: The USB3 device (pen drive, external) unmount when my config go to sleep. Only external USB disk was mounted at wake despite the notification "Eject improperly". The USB3 Install was unmounted at wake up, with the notification...

Any ideas or solution ?

Sorry for my bad english.

3 minutes ago, Hervé said:

Clearly, power to USB ports is being cut, much as it is on laptops. I don't believe darkwake will be of much use in this case though no harm in experimenting with the various possible values if you wish. 

What you may need to revisit is the power settings applied to your USB ports, whether in patched DSDT or in SSDT, assuming you've applied the expected usual settings in that matter.

@Hervé Darkwake 0, 8 don't work. The power settings to my USBPorts is generated by Hackintool.app. kUSB values are the same as for SMBIOS 17.1. I checked, in the Apple file, there are no values for the SMBIOS Imac19,1, oddly. So I don't know which parameters changed.