AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
5,863 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Filmluver said:

Thanks for tip. I started in verbose and it says on screen.

AMF: No slide values are usable! Falling back to 0 with 0x17877000 bytes!

ERROR allocating 0x11982 pages at 0x00000000006b89000 alloc type 2

Couldn't allocate runtime area

Boot failed; will sleep for 10 seconds before exiting...

_

And it just hangs.. bummer.

It’s Failing allocation of native NVRam. Are you running smbios 1,1 or 19,1?

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

It’s Failing allocation of native NVRam. Are you running smbios 1,1 or 19,1?

I'm running your EFI, I think 1,1, and I updated the motherboard with the CFG unlock as specified. As I said before, it used to boot perfectly from NVME, but then after a while, the NO CIRLCE sign would pop up sometimes, but would easily be remedied by a restart. But all of the sudden it won't boot at all. I wonder if it has to do with the WD Blue NVME and maybe I should buy a Samsung NVME. It boots fine from regular Samsung 860 EVO SSD with identical EFI. Thanks!

Hi fellas! 

First of all, thanks for the build and the dsdt, my machine now flies ! 

only problem is with the sleep... Did everything, but I won't find the cause. When I try to put the computer in sleep, it immediately wakes up. Strange, as I used your efi, running on a i9900k, vega 64... Strange! 

Thanks anyway! 

I solve the no boot problem. I started to have the no boot problem with my regular SSD as well, no boot sign. So I reset my BIOS to optimized and then the recommended setting, and I went back and checked KernelPM, and it boots perfectly on both drives.

It was the CFG Unlock profile that was causing my problem. So this BIOS profile and method does not work for everybody. Let's see if she stays stable. Thanks.

4 hours ago, Filmluver said:

I solve the no boot problem. I started to have the no boot problem with my regular SSD as well, no boot sign. So I reset my BIOS to optimized and then the recommended setting, and I went back and checked KernelPM, and it boots perfectly on both drives.

It was the CFG Unlock profile that was causing my problem. So this BIOS profile and method does not work for everybody. Let's see if she stays stable. Thanks.

what actually happened is you reset your bios and as a result it reset your nvram resolving the problem. I was going to say earlier to pull your battery and then reload your settings and that would of had the same effect. you can also press F11 at the clover boot screen and this will also reset your nvram but pulling the battery is always the most effective way.

I hope that clears it up for you buddy. :thumbsup_anim:

6 hours ago, adrienviglianisi said:

Hi fellas! 

First of all, thanks for the build and the dsdt, my machine now flies ! 

only problem is with the sleep... Did everything, but I won't find the cause. When I try to put the computer in sleep, it immediately wakes up. Strange, as I used your efi, running on a i9900k, vega 64... Strange! 

Thanks anyway! 

Hi are you by any chance using a Corsair AIO on your build?

If so then that's what's causing the wake from sleep problem. disconnect the internal usb connection to the AIO as its not used in MacOS and not needed and this will fix the issue straight away.

If however your not using one then disconnect all your usb devices apart from your keyboard and mouse and see if that does it and then trace what device is causing it.

Edited by AudioGod

5 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Catalina Update 10.15.2

914667153_Screenshot2019-12-10at21_18_53.png.d5a61ef508b9ce72f6b39b889fea3df8.png

Hey everybody, Update away...Its totally fine to do so with no changes needed. :thumbsup_anim:

Awesome news! Thanks for the update.

any status changes regarding DRM ?(Netflix on Safari, Apple TV+ etc?)

Just now, WizeMan said:

Awesome news! Thanks for the update.

any status changes regarding DRM ?(Netflix on Safari, Apple TV+ etc?)

good question, I use 1,1 and both work for me and always have, I’ve not had a chance to flip over to 19,1 to try that out yet but what I can tell you is my gigabyte 5700 XT is working a lot better now so I might at long last keep in there and drop the Vega56. 

10 hours ago, AudioGod said:

good question, I use 1,1 and both work for me and always have, I’ve not had a chance to flip over to 19,1 to try that out yet but what I can tell you is my gigabyte 5700 XT is working a lot better now so I might at long last keep in there and drop the Vega56. 

Are you seeing any resolution shifts between the Clover boot screen and the macOS login windows? Clover renders properly (4K) but when macOS loads the login, it renders in something like 800x600. Desktop scales, but abruptly to native 4K.

I have the same card (Sapphire tho) and cannot for the life of me figure out why it's occurring. Figured it might be because I have it set up as a 1,1 and I should enable the iGPU and use 19,1.

Edited by Tiem

2 hours ago, Tiem said:

Are you seeing any resolution shifts between the Clover boot screen and the macOS login windows? Clover renders properly (4K) but when macOS loads the login, it renders in something like 800x600. Desktop scales, but abruptly to native 4K.

I have the same card (Sapphire tho) and cannot for the life of me figure out why it's occurring. Figured it might be because I have it set up as a 1,1 and I should enable the iGPU and use 19,1.

I strictly only use 1,1 on my own build and have zero interest of having my igpu enabled. (I hate it)

With the 5700xt my resolution from my clover bootloader all the way up to full boot up is on 1440p on my dell and stays at 1440p and never moves. However I had a Samsung 28” 4K before the dell and I got all of the problems your describing plus add to that my clover bootloader was stuck at the 800x600 and this was while using my Vega56. It was so bad and annoying that I ended up switching to the dell and I haven’t looked back since.

Edited by AudioGod

Just now, AudioGod said:

sorry buddy I don’t understand, explain with more detail please?

sorry about my english.

Today I updated to the latest macOS (10.15.2) and I don't know why, but this update solves the sleep problem on my computer. So everything works now. But I noticed that the fan of my GPU is spinning a little more up in idle. By touching on the backside where the hot air comes out of the GPU I feelt that GPU got much warmer, than it was before the update. 
My GPU is Radeon RX5700 XT

What could cause that problem?

31 minutes ago, Blesh said:

sorry about my english.

Today I updated to the latest macOS (10.15.2) and I don't know why, but this update solves the sleep problem on my computer. So everything works now. But I noticed that the fan of my GPU is spinning a little more up in idle. By touching on the backside where the hot air comes out of the GPU I feelt that GPU got much warmer, than it was before the update. 
My GPU is Radeon RX5700 XT

What could cause that problem?

update whatevergreen and Lilu kexts and see if that corrects it as I just checked my 5700xt and it’s not doing what yours is. 

On 11/21/2019 at 5:34 PM, AudioGod said:

your thinking is spot on buddy so crack on and enjoy :) 

@WizeMan do this too

@larabee Has kindly made this bios profile for you all to use that will unlock CFG on your motherboard making it play alot more friendly with the NVRam.

It also has all the bios settings listed on this guide pre done and saved onto the profile.

MSR Unlocked

1 - Download the profile and save it to a USB Key

2 - Go into the bios,

3 - Load the profile, 

4 - Save and exit

5 - Go straight back into the bios and save your bios to a new profile and name it Default CFG Unlocked or something like that.

6 - Reset your Motherboard by removing the power cable and then remove the battery from the motherboard for a minute or two to clear out the bios fully.

7 - Go back into your bios and load back in the saved profile you made,

8 - Boot back into Catalina go into your clover config and under Kernal and Kext Patches Uncheck KernalPM 

9 - Save the changes and then restart and your done, your motherboard will now be CFG (MSR) Unlocked

PLEASE NOTE - If you reset the bios or load bios defaults it will clear the Unlock making CFG Locked again. 

Hi! Just finished the process (I had to wait for a i9 replacement as the one came was defective). I have not done the unlock MSR yet as I saw when I load the profile that it enables my internal graphics.

I must tell the system works awesome with the iMacPro SMBIOS. One thing I notice is the system hang when I try to play a video in Netflix. Have I done something wrong or this is how it is now?

Also, is it right that HEVC is disabled and the graphics card is not shown on Video Proc ?

1047496114_Screenshot2019-12-11at2_48_29PM.png.9da3a6aea42ba517077a242bfba8945a.png

Screenshot 2019-12-11 at 1.59.21 PM.png

Edited by WizeMan

1 hour ago, WizeMan said:

Hi! Just finished the process (I had to wait for a i9 replacement as the one came was defective). I have not done the unlock MSR yet as I saw when I load the profile that it enables my internal graphics.

I must tell the system works awesome with the iMacPro SMBIOS. One thing I notice is the system hang when I try to play a video in Netflix. Have I done something wrong or this is how it is now?

Also, is it right that HEVC is disabled and the graphics card is not shown on Video Proc ?

1047496114_Screenshot2019-12-11at2_48_29PM.png.9da3a6aea42ba517077a242bfba8945a.png

Screenshot 2019-12-11 at 1.59.21 PM.png

Netflix via safari is broken at the moment and works with some Gpus and not others.

for now just use a different browser for Netflix until it’s fixed and keep your WEG and Lilu kexts up to date.

concerning the bios profile, load it back in and just disable the igpu before you save it and save and exist and done. :thumbsup_anim:

In VideoProc They should both be green, this means your gpu hardware acceleration is not correct my friend.

Update too 10.15.2 as well 

Edited by AudioGod

54 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Netflix via safari is broken at the moment and works with some Gpus and not others.

for now just use a different browser for Netflix until it’s fixed and keep your WEG and Lilu kexts up to date.

concerning the bios profile, load it back in and just disable the igpu before you save it and save and exist and done. :thumbsup_anim:

In VideoProc They should both be green, this means your gpu hardware acceleration is not correct my friend.

Update too 10.15.2 as well 

Thanks. Updated to 10.15.2, Lilu 1.4 WEG 1.3.5 but same. Initially it is green on videoproc but when I hit reload it turns red.

I haven't changed anything particular. BIOS settings right as you have on the first post.

I do not know if it matters but I have a game "Dead Light" which on quite high settings seems to be performing fine.

i9-9900K

Sapphire RX 580 Pulse

Edited by WizeMan

1 hour ago, WizeMan said:

Thanks. Updated to 10.15.2, Lilu 1.4 WEG 1.3.5 but same. Initially it is green on videoproc but when I hit reload it turns red.

I haven't changed anything particular. BIOS settings right as you have on the first post.

I do not know if it matters but I have a game "Dead Light" which on quite high settings seems to be performing fine.

i9-9900K

Sapphire RX 580 Pulse

sounds like a glitch to me,

check by trying Apple TV or geekbench gpu test and if it scores right your fine.

3 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

sounds like a glitch to me,

check by trying Apple TV or geekbench gpu test and if it scores right your fine.

Apple TV works (watching Apple TV+ show at least).

Geekbench Compute works and outputs this score:

1059313749_Screenshot2019-12-11at5_30_17PM.thumb.png.8ffcd7f11ef7b829bc441c3401b01716.png

2 minutes ago, WizeMan said:

Apple TV works (watching Apple TV+ show at least).

Geekbench Compute works and outputs this score:

1059313749_Screenshot2019-12-11at5_30_17PM.thumb.png.8ffcd7f11ef7b829bc441c3401b01716.png

Your absolutely golden by the look of it buddy. :angel_not:

Edited by AudioGod

Just now, AudioGod said:

Your absolutely golden by the look of it to me buddy. :angel_not:

Thank you! Now we play the waiting game for other DRM content :'(

By the way an observation I made is that using the iMac19,1 EFI gives higher CPU benchmark score on Geekbench. The iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS is way more stable so I am using that one, but just wrote that FYI.

Just now, WizeMan said:

Thank you! Now we play the waiting game for other DRM content :'(

By the way an observation I made is that using the iMac19,1 EFI gives higher CPU benchmark score on Geekbench. The iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS is way more stable so I am using that one, but just wrote that FYI.

If your using a rx590 or lower then yes having igpu enabled under 19,1 will score higher.

thats usually not the case though when using a vega 56 or higher.