AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
5,904 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, WizeMan said:

Your point is very valid. I just probably caught that little rascal red-handed :D (woken up for network activity).

I always clear my NVRam, sir! I am a clean dude :)

Cheers again, @AudioGod. Your help is very valuable for our hacks and our sanity. :superman:

oh I almost forgot, you could try removing airportfixup.kext from the EFI and see if it improves your WiFi.

i put it in the EFI as standard but it’s not always needed and can even have a bad effect on your connection so give it a try without it if it’s in there or with it if you deleted it.

21 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

oh I almost forgot, you could try removing airportfixup.kext from the EFI and see if it improves your WiFi.

i put it in the EFI as standard but it’s not always needed and can even have a bad effect on your connection so give it a try without it if it’s in there or with it if you deleted it.

Will do and report back. In previous configuration (different motherboard) with the same card I did not use the airportfixup. 

14 minutes ago, WizeMan said:

Will do and report back. In previous configuration (different motherboard) with the same card I did not use the airportfixup. 

Ah there you go, it’s probably having a bad effect on your system then so just remove that puppy and see if that sorts it all out for you. :) 

Anybody out there using a 5700 XT please be aware that it’s not properly optimised for MacOS yet. It works and works kinda well but there’s a few hiccups going on with them so if your experiencing any strange behaviour with yours then it’s not the EFI of your system at fault it’s Catalina and it will get better. 10.15.3 beta looks like it resolves most the issues so fingers crossed on the next update coming soon. :)   

Edited by AudioGod

4 hours ago, AudioGod said:

Ah there you go, it’s probably having a bad effect on your system then so just remove that puppy and see if that sorts it all out for you. :) 

So, I removed the kext. situation was a little better but I could still hear some glitching on the Bluetooth Headset.

Then, I remembered that I read somewhere in this thread or Glasgood's thread that the Wifi Card is expected to be on PCIEX1_3 but I had it installed on PCIEX1_1. I moved the card to the PCIEX1_3 slot and now I can see it under PCI on System Report, also I have not noticed any glitches yet. Very interesting :)

Edited by WizeMan
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, AudioGod said:

Anybody out there using a 5700 XT please be aware that it’s not properly optimised for MacOS yet. It works and works kinda well but there’s a few hiccups going on with them so if your experiencing any strange behaviour with yours then it’s not the EFI of your system at fault it’s Catalina and it will get better. 10.15.3 beta looks like it resolves most the issues so fingers crossed on the next update coming soon. :)   

AMD can barely dial that thing in even on Windows. They just fixed the signal loss, which would crash your game or worse fully lock up your system, in an optional driver update.

I updated and lost Sidecar. Everything else works great but no Sidecar. So FYI to those that need it, maybe stay away from the .3 betas for now. I’m on 19,1. Tho it does feel hella snappy!

Edited by Tiem

6 minutes ago, Tiem said:

AMD can barely dial that thing in even on Windows. They just fixed the signal loss, which would crash your game or worse fully lock up your system, in an optional driver update.

I updated and lost Sidecar. Everything else works great but no Sidecar. So FYI to those that need it, maybe stay away from the .3 betas for now. I’m on 19,1. Tho it does feel hella snappy!

newest Windows 2020 drivers work fine For me but I use it in standard mode. Gaming mode ain’t so great to put it kindly.

sidecar works for me with 10.15.2 and 3 beta under 19,1. :thumbsup_anim:

17 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

newest Windows 2020 drivers work fine For me but I use it in standard mode. Gaming mode ain’t so great to put it kindly.

sidecar works for me with 10.15.2 and 3 beta under 19,1. :thumbsup_anim:

Annnndddd Sidecar works again after a reboot. I dunno maybe I didn't look at it right. In any case, all good!

Man does .3 feel snappy as hell! Still getting the same synthetic benchmarks on the 5700 so hopefully AMD can work on that :hammer:

6 minutes ago, Tiem said:

Annnndddd Sidecar works again after a reboot. I dunno maybe I didn't look at it right. In any case, all good!

Man does .3 feel snappy as hell! Still getting the same synthetic benchmarks on the 5700 so hopefully AMD can work on that :hammer:

there’s a lot of optimisations still to do on it but it will get there. The benchmarks Of my 5700xt are barely matching my vega56 in cat, In windows however I’m touching 10000 in timespy. This is the same old story of when I switched to the vega 56, it ran bad for a while at first too. 

Edited by AudioGod

I've been playing with shikigva values with no luck for getting Sidecar working using a lightning cable.

My processor is an i7 9700 with an internal HD 630. Just to mention that the iGPU it's now shown on the graphics section on system information and i don't know if this is the normal behaviour.

Apple TV+ is working fine using shikigva=80 but i used shikigva=16 in order to avoid a system freeze when accesing netflix.

Thanks

Captura de pantalla 2019-12-21 a las 19.27.07.png

Dude your never gonna get it to work on a RX Polaris cos drm is broken and this includes on real macs too.

This thread is a drm free zone now as there’s no point going over and over and over the same old thing when it can’t by fixed until Apple fixes it and or WEG make a work around.

Sorry dude...:wallbash:

Edited by AudioGod

14 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Dude your never gonna get it to work on a RX Polaris cos drm is broken and this includes on real macs too.

This thread is a drm free zone now as there’s no point going over and over and over the same old thing when it can’t by fixed until Apple fixes it and or WEG make a work around.

Sorry dude...:wallbash:

Yeah, i only mentioned that as information but i don't care. Just trying to get Sidecar working!

Sorry if you missinterpreted me, my English is not very good.

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, stdmje said:

Yeah, i only mentioned that as information but i don't care. Just trying to get Sidecar working!

Sorry if you missinterpreted me, my English is not very good.

Thanks!

No worries bud. :thumbsup_anim:

also when your running igpu in headless mode you don’t want it to be listed in your system info so that is all correct. Sidecar works if your using smbios19,1 wireless and wired. Tried and tested by many including myself. :) 

do you have a WiFi/Bluetooth card in your system?

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

No worries bud. :thumbsup_anim:

also when your running igpu in headless mode you don’t want it to be listed in your system info so that is all correct. Sidecar works if your using smbios19,1 wireless and wired. Tried and tested by many including myself. :) 

Yeah i am using your last EFI with smbios19,1 but no luck with Sidecar. Also if i set Internal Graphics > Enabled in the bios (revision F11), the system won't boot and shows the typical prohibit symbol so i have to leave it as Auto.

Anyway, just playing a bit since i don't need Sidecar either.

Thank you again for all your work!

21 minutes ago, stdmje said:

Yeah i am using your last EFI with smbios19,1 but no luck with Sidecar. Also if i set Internal Graphics > Enabled in the bios (revision F11), the system won't boot and shows the typical prohibit symbol so i have to leave it as Auto.

Anyway, just playing a bit since i don't need Sidecar either.

Thank you again for all your work!

Ok it’s not working because you have it on auto, it needs to be set to enabled or it will b off even when set too auto.

what you need to do to clear the stop sign or boot kp is save your bios setting as a bios profile and then remove the power from the mains and then remove the motherboard battery for a few mins and then put it all back and load back in your bios profile and try again.

if it still won’t boot then you have somthing wrong with your setup And native nvram because it should and would boot after that. You can also try reducing the igpu memory from 64mb too 32mb but that is a last resort.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AudioGod said:

Ok it’s not working because you have it on auto, it needs to be set to enabled or it will b off even when set too auto.

what you need to do to clear the stop sign or boot kp is save your bios setting as a bios profile and then remove the power from the mains and then remove the motherboard battery for a few mins and then put it all back and load back in your bios profile and try again.

if it still won’t boot then you have somthing wrong with your setup And native nvram because it should and would boot after that. You can also try reducing the igpu memory from 64mb too 32mb but that is a last resort.

Thank you mate. It's working now!!

All the best!

• Like 1

Just now, benjiolino said:

I copied your EFI folder with Radeon VII and the Aorus Pro and 9900k and an it's stuck at End RandomSeed. Your old EFI worked perfect for me with iMac Pro.

I don’t understand explain pal?

your the first person reporting any sort of problem and I’m betting it’s system and not the EFI but again explain bud?

5 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

I don’t understand explain pal?

your the first person reporting any sort of problem and I’m betting it’s system and not the EFI but again explain bud?

I did not mention I'm still on 10.14.6. I can't upgrade because my sound card still doesn't have Catalina driver. 

Edited by benjiolino

Just now, benjiolino said:

I did not mention I'm still on 10.14.6

Stick to the pre Cat EFI or whatever one worked best for you in that case, you can find it in my EFI archives.

saying that though I see no reason what so ever for it not to work with Mojave, as long as your bios is on the correct version it should work mate.

1 minute ago, AudioGod said:

Stick to the pre Cat EFI or whatever one worked best for you in that case, you can find it in my EFI archives.

saying that though I see no reason what so ever for it not to work with Mojave, as long as your bios is on the correct version it should work mate.

My BIOS is on 11. The whole structure has changed since F10. But I think I made all settings. I'm gonna recheck.