AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
5,860 posts in this topic

On 11/23/2019 at 2:22 AM, AudioGod said:

Are you using the correct DSDT for your GPU?

download thet DSDT (vega navi) from the guide and try again.

also if your going to use OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi then make sure your using EmuVariableUefi.efi and install clover RC Scripts.

Replaced 5700XT Nitro+ with my RX570 Pulse using your EFI for Navi (AudioGods Z390 Pro EFI VEGA Navi Radeon VII F11 DSDT) and all works fine, even sleep. After put back 5700XT Nitro+ and have an issues again, full freezing after sleep if I run Hackintool or Google Chrome. And my system can reboot itself randomly (maybe when it try to go sleep idk).

Any tips please, help.. because my mind is boiling.

16 minutes ago, velopitex said:

Replaced 5700XT Nitro+ with my RX570 Pulse using your EFI for Navi (AudioGods Z390 Pro EFI VEGA Navi Radeon VII F11 DSDT) and all works fine, even sleep. After put back 5700XT Nitro+ and have an issues again, full freezing after sleep if I run Hackintool or Google Chrome. And my system can reboot itself randomly (maybe when it try to go sleep idk).

Any tips please, help.. because my mind is boiling.

It’s probably because whatevergreen only has basic support for the 5700xt at the moment and Catalina’s drivers for the gpu probably ain’t helping.

i have a 5700xt myself sitting in a box still because it works but not great. Infact it works a lot better for me when I remove the whatevergreen kext and run it purely via catalina drivers. (Give that a try and see what happens) 

you just got to bite the built with the 5700xt for now and wait for better support (WEG 1.3.5 improves it but that’s a work in progress and not released yet)

If you going to use the RX Gpu then swap the dsdt for the RX version buddy.

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

It’s probably because whatevergreen only has basic support for the 5700xt at the moment and Catalina’s drivers for the gpu probably ain’t helping.

i have a 5700xt myself sitting in a box still because it works but not great. Infact it works a lot better for me when I remove the whatevergreen kext and run it purely via catalina drivers. (Give that a try and see what happens) 

you just got to bite the built with the 5700xt for now and wait for better support (WEG 1.3.5 improves it but that’s a work in progress and not released yet)

Thanks for reply.

I'll try it without WEG and waiting forward updates for 1.3.5 :)

I just did another fresh install. Can someone please give me guidance about updating to 10.15.1? 

1) When I install clover (eg. I now have revision 5098 and I just saw 5099 is available), I'm following the instructions from Glasgood's video (Clover for UEFI booting only, install clover in the ESP, install Install rc scripts on target volume), and only choosing the drivers that are currently in the EFI. audiogod's EFI has 4 drivers, but clover installer only has 3 of those (HFSPlus missing), should I just check those 3 and forget about HFSPlus?

2) should I then install the missing driver using Clover configurator? HFSPlus is available there.

3) when I update kexts, I noticed that after updating VirtualSMC it will ask me to tick some options (SMCBatteryManager, SMCLightSensor, SMCProcessor, SMCSuperIO), should I pick any of those? 

4) BrcmBluetoothInjector, BrcmPatchRAM3 can't be found on clover configurator, so I'm not sure they are up to date, should I just forget about those, or do I have to download up to date versions from somewhere else?

5) during the update install, it will reboot. When it reboots, there are 2 Mac "partitions" in clover, called Macintosh and Macintosh - data. Which one should I let it boot from? How do I remove the automatic booting from clover, so I can prevent it from accidentally booting from the wrong one?

Thanks in advance!

3 minutes ago, On1ric said:

I just did another fresh install. Can someone please give me guidance about updating to 10.15.1? 

1) When I install clover (eg. I now have revision 5098 and I just saw 5099 is available), I'm following the instructions from Glasgood's video (Clover for UEFI booting only, install clover in the ESP, install Install rc scripts on target volume), and only choosing the drivers that are currently in the EFI. audiogod's EFI has 4 drivers, but clover installer only has 3 of those (HFSPlus missing), should I just check those 3 and forget about HFSPlus?

2) should I then install the missing driver using Clover configurator? HFSPlus is available there.

3) when I update kexts, I noticed that after updating VirtualSMC it will ask me to tick some options (SMCBatteryManager, SMCLightSensor, SMCProcessor, SMCSuperIO), should I pick any of those? 

4) BrcmBluetoothInjector, BrcmPatchRAM3 can't be found on clover configurator, so I'm not sure they are up to date, should I just forget about those, or do I have to download up to date versions from somewhere else?

5) during the update install, it will reboot. When it reboots, there are 2 Mac "partitions" in clover, called Macintosh and Macintosh - data. Which one should I let it boot from? How do I remove the automatic booting from clover, so I can prevent it from accidentally booting from the wrong one?

Thanks in advance!

Mate, your making life so difficult for yourself. :help:

start off by getting a working system using my EFI with no touching or a over instal of clover, just leave it exactly as is and enjoy. Forget 5099 for now as it won’t bring anything different to the table. 
once you get it all working as is then you tinker till your hearts content but for now just get yourself up and running and stable. 

Edited by AudioGod

Just now, On1ric said:

I absolutely need 10.15.1 to get the 5700xt working, otherwise I wouldn't bother with the update at all :(

My Efi is made for 10.15.1 already dude 

your problems with the 5700xt have nothing to do with clover but to do with whatevergreen as it has only basic support for the 5700xt

read a few posts back where I have already explained this buddy

Just now, On1ric said:

Oh, ok. But my USB installer has 10.15.0 in it, so I can put your EFI in my ssd and just update to 10.15.1 without updating clover?

My Efi works just fine on 10.15.0 too you need do nothing with my EFI apart from use it with your details.

last time bro, try it vanilla with no changes and stop fighting the urge to change things. Once it’s up and running and stable then tinker but for now just try.

lol 

6 minutes ago, On1ric said:

I know your EFI works fine with .0, but the 5700xt support was added in .1, without the update I just can't use it

Update Catalina to 10.15.1 just don’t do anything to the EFI 

And your 5700xt will only partially work and be very bugged out as like I’ve told you a few times already now whatevergreen only has basic support for the 5700xt so it’s not working properly yet.

i have one in the box still because of this and I’m using a Vega56 instead until better whatevergreen drivers are released and Catalina has better support.

Edited by AudioGod

Ok, thank you, I will give it a try asap. 

Just one thing, can you please answer my question n.5 in the previous post? I'm not sure if I should let it boot from Macintosh or Macintosh - data when it reboots.

I guess I will deal with the bugs until WEG will be updated, I don't have another GPU I can use :(

Just now, On1ric said:

Ok, thank you, I will give it a try asap. 

Just one thing, can you please answer my question n.5 in the previous post? I'm not sure if I should let it boot from Macintosh or Macintosh - data when it reboots.

I guess I will deal with the bugs until WEG will be updated, I don't have another GPU I can use :(

sorry I never saw that, it should auto select the correct one but you want to select the one that says install on it the first time (usually on the left) After that it will do it all itself.

once your back into Cat 15.1 you can try removing the whatevergreen.kext and see if Cat can handle your GPU natively. It’s worth a shot :) 

On 11/24/2019 at 4:44 PM, AudioGod said:

Try to combine your EFI for iMac19.1 and some my EFI from Mojave. Looks like now sleep works fine, I need more tests because I still don't believe in it! Attached info screenshot (Navi+UHD630 both injected?) and combined EFI can you test it please too?

uhd630_navi10_catalina.png

Edited by velopitex

1 minute ago, velopitex said:

Try to combine your EFI for iMac19.1 and some my EFI from Mojave. Looks like now sleep works fine, I need more tests because I still don't believe in it! Attached info screenshot (Navi+UHD630 both injected?) and combined EFI can you test it please too?

UHD630_Navi10_Works.zip

uhd630_navi10_catalina.png

Interesting,

somebody else on this thread has 5700xt issues so get them to try it and see what happens.

I no longer use the Z390 Pro board myself but still maintain this thread with the help of @larabee and others.

45 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Interesting,

somebody else on this thread has 5700xt issues so get them to try it and see what happens.

I no longer use the Z390 Pro board myself but still maintain this thread with the help of @larabee and others.

Your find better mobo for macOS?

Edited by velopitex

2 minutes ago, velopitex said:

Your find better mobo for macOS?

I use the Z390 Master now, not better for macOS just a better overall board especially if you overclock.

my system is always changing on a month by month basis.....haha

Edited by AudioGod

10 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

I use the Z390 Master now, not better for macOS just a better overall board especially if you overclock.

my system is always changing on a month by month basis.....haha

Overclocking not fo me :) but I keep it mind.

With each new system you have a new experience and skills, that's sounds good! 

Btw Geekbech5 detected my both GPU but in test can be use only AMD.

geekbech5_gpus.png

2 minutes ago, velopitex said:

Overclocking not fo me :) but I keep it mind.

With each new system you have a new experience and skills, that's sounds good! 

Btw Geekbech5 detected my both GPU but in test can be use only AMD.

geekbech5_gpus.png

If your using smbios 19,1 with igpu enabled then it’s using the igpu as a headless gpu for hardware acceleration and your 5700xt will be the main gpu for everything. :)

• Like 1

Just wanted to say thanks for your guide and EFI Folder. Had endless problems with my setup based on a different sites guide and found this by chance. Never seen such an easy install and as far as i can tell everything is running fine sleep is working again and my RX580 does not give black screen on boot / wake any more.

So many thanks for sharing this!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, thering1975 said:

Just wanted to say thanks for your guide and EFI Folder. Had endless problems with my setup based on a different sites guide and found this by chance. Never seen such an easy install and as far as i can tell everything is running fine sleep is working again and my RX580 does not give black screen on boot / wake any more.

So many thanks for sharing this!

Thank you and That’s great to hear, Enjoy my friend. :thumbsup_anim:

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AudioGod said:

sorry I never saw that, it should auto select the correct one but you want to select the one that says install on it the first time (usually on the left) After that it will do it all itself.

once your back into Cat 15.1 you can try removing the whatevergreen.kext and see if Cat can handle your GPU natively. It’s worth a shot :) 

Hey man, I tried updating, still got the green screen during installation, I was a bit disappointed, left it there, then came back after a while and it was fixed, I guess it was just loading the .1 drivers for the GPU. At this point, I think the last night installation was fine too, I just ragequitted a bit too early ^^' it looks like it's working fine, next thing to do is getting a unique serial as explained by Glasgood. I'd just like to ask one more thing: in your own guide you advise following Glasgood's guide, but I'm not sure up to which point. Eg. Should I run the trim command and/or any of the after-install polishing he does? Thanks a lot again for your help!

9 minutes ago, On1ric said:

Hey man, I tried updating, still got the green screen during installation, I was a bit disappointed, left it there, then came back after a while and it was fixed, I guess it was just loading the .1 drivers for the GPU. At this point, I think the last night installation was fine too, I just ragequitted a bit too early ^^' it looks like it's working fine, next thing to do is getting a unique serial as explained by Glasgood. I'd just like to ask one more thing: in your own guide you advise following Glasgood's guide, but I'm not sure up to which point. Eg. Should I run the trim command and/or any of the after-install polishing he does? Thanks a lot again for your help!

Any parts of he’s guide correspond with my EFI, you shouldn’t need to do anything for working iMessage etc, when you generated a smbios it would of made you unique details.

if you have a iPhone or iPad open a page in safari and see if it pops up on macOS, also open iMessage and check if it’s working as is.

if it’s not then follow glassgoods guide to fix it but try first as is. :)

also what monitor are you using and what res is it?

i might have a fix for your green screen problem,

go into your system information and under graphics and displays check and see what colour palet Catalina is saying your monitor is using and let me know bud or take a screen shot and show me?

Edited by AudioGod

Sure, I will send you the screenshot asap. Regarding the green screen, it was only during the installation, but the aorus screen now glitches green on startup, which doesn't surprise me as it already happened in windows  before fixing. After days of trial and error I was finally able to isolate the problem thanks to an old topic from 2011. Basically, there are compatibility issues between AMD and Philips TVs, the amd software doesn't recognize the pixel color format of my monitor and sets it to YPbPr by default, which isn't ok as I need 4:4:4 Full RGB. Other than the green screen on startup, in windows I had random greenscreens during normal usage, which could only be solved by turning the tv off and on again or changing channel and going back to hdmi. Once understood, it was a very easy fix on windows, just changed the pixel color format manually from the amd settings and it was gone, both during usage and from the aorus main screen. Now, since the glitch is back on the aorus screen, I'll probably get these random green screens during usage back too. I already know what I should do (changing the Pixel color format), but in macOS the drivers are into the system itself and there isn't a separate AMD software, so I really don't know how to do that.

18 minutes ago, On1ric said:

Sure, I will send you the screenshot asap. Regarding the green screen, it was only during the installation, but the aorus screen now glitches green on startup, which doesn't surprise me as it already happened in windows  before fixing. After days of trial and error I was finally able to isolate the problem thanks to an old topic from 2011. Basically, there are compatibility issues between AMD and Philips TVs, the amd software doesn't recognize the pixel color format of my monitor and sets it to YPbPr by default, which isn't ok as I need 4:4:4 Full RGB. Other than the green screen on startup, in windows I had random greenscreens during normal usage, which could only be solved by turning the tv off and on again or changing channel and going back to hdmi. Once understood, it was a very easy fix on windows, just changed the pixel color format manually from the amd settings and it was gone, both during usage and from the aorus main screen. Now, since the glitch is back on the aorus screen, I'll probably get these random green screens during usage back too. I already know what I should do (changing the Pixel color format), but in macOS the drivers are into the system itself and there isn't a separate AMD software, so I really don't know how to do that.

that's exactly what's happening yes. you can fix it in macOS easy too but unfortunately its not as easy to do as it is in windows.

click on the link and follow the guide to fix it. :) 

https://spin.atomicobject.com/2018/08/24/macbook-pro-external-monitor-display-problem/

little tip to make life much easier, you can use the Clover App to unlock your system files to allow you to copy the file you make to fix your monitor into the folder it needs togo into.

you can find the clover App here.

Edited by AudioGod