AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
5,863 posts in this topic

Wow, they don't call you a God for nothing! Not sure how to correctly run that script though, lol.

I'm not familiar with this stuff AT ALL, so any help would be much appreciated!

I downloaded the script, put it on the desktop, then went to terminal, wrote

cd desktop

ruby patch-edid.rb

got this: 

Traceback (most recent call last):

1: from patch-edid.rb:9:in `<main>'

patch-edid.rb:9:in `scan': invalid byte sequence in UTF-8 (ArgumentError)

Edited by On1ric

50 minutes ago, On1ric said:

Wow, they don't call you a God for nothing! Not sure how to correctly run that script though, lol.

I'm not familiar with this stuff AT ALL, so any help would be much appreciated!

I downloaded the script, put it on the desktop, then went to terminal, wrote

cd desktop

ruby patch-edid.rb

got this: 

Put the script on your desktop then open your terminal and simply drag and drop the script into your terminal box adding the ./ before patch-edid.rb and then hit enter and it will create the file. Take a note of where it saved the folder to and then drag the created folder onto your desktop.

then using the clover app unlock your system files and then restart. Once restarted just put that created folder into /System/Library/Displays/Contents/Resources and merge it with the existing folder. Then go back into the clover app and lock your system file back up, restart and it should be done. 
let me know if A that made sense and B it worked for you? :hysterical:

Edited by AudioGod

17 hours ago, velopitex said:

Just to finished clean install with attached EFI and works fine as I see but I have not tested, only sleeps and it works for me (see screenshots please)

EFI Catalina UHD630 (SMBIOS iMac 19.1): http://bit.ly/2KLEPQs

uhd630_catalina_01.jpg

uhd630_catalina_02.jpg

Thanks bro. Finally got booted in Catalia with your EFI, everything seems to be working fine, no issues till now.

P.S.: Only using IGPU, Works fine.

Thanks a lot.

Edited by WasteDolphine

7 minutes ago, WasteDolphine said:

Thanks bro. Finally got booted in Catalia with your EFI, everything seems to be working fine, no issues till now.

P.S.: Only using IGPU, Works fine.

Thanks a lot.

Great to hear it bro :) 

You’re welcome.

20 hours ago, velopitex said:

Just to finished clean install with attached EFI and works fine as I see but I have not tested, only sleeps and it works for me (see screenshots please)

EFI Catalina UHD630 (SMBIOS iMac 19.1): http://bit.ly/2KLEPQs

uhd630_catalina_01.jpg

uhd630_catalina_02.jpg

Finally my computer is also working perfect with your EFI files, just like it was made for me. Thank you so much!

5 hours ago, velopitex said:

Great to hear it bro :) 

You’re welcome.

Hey Pal,

I got three different peoples 5700 XT systems up and running last night using my EFI and they are all perfect. Using both 1,1 and 19,1. I have looked through your EFI you created and it’s not right buddy.

if you want me to help you get yours fully up and running then just let me know and il help you out?

im at work now but still available for you so just give me a shout and I will make a new EFI for you do use.

private message me your EFI complete so I can create a new one using your details for you :) 

Edited by AudioGod

5 minutes ago, hungrywallet said:

I repurchased the Gigabyte Aorus 5700 XT for no reason whatsoever and it appears to be working great.

Good stuff buddy,

im so glad it’s all working for you.

we got there in the end didn’t we? :)

@hungrywallet how you finding the Z390 Master?

you happy with it over the pro?

Edited by AudioGod

1 minute ago, AudioGod said:

Good stuff buddy,

im so glad it’s all working for you.

we got there in the end didn’t we? :)

Yup,

Thanks for all the help.  I can finally stop messing with my system and get back to work on it.  Now I'm thinking about getting rid of my dual 1440P monitor setup and just going with a single big 4K lol. 

I wish the Master thread had more activity.

4 minutes ago, hungrywallet said:

I wish the Master thread had more activity.

For me that’s actually a good thing as the Master EFI has been downloaded over 300 times now and the lack of noise on the thread means people are getting it to work without having to get help. 
That makes me happy TBH.....Like the saying goes, No news is good news sometimes....:help:

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AudioGod said:

For me that’s actually a good thing as the Master EFI has been downloaded over 300 times now and the lack of noise on the thread means people are getting it to work without having to get help. 
That makes me happy TBH.....Like the saying goes, No news is good news sometimes....:help:

True.

21 hours ago, AudioGod said:

Put the script on your desktop then open your terminal and simply drag and drop the script into your terminal box adding the ./ before patch-edid.rb and then hit enter and it will create the file. Take a note of where it saved the folder to and then drag the created folder onto your desktop.

then using the clover app unlock your system files and then restart. Once restarted just put that created folder into /System/Library/Displays/Contents/Resources and merge it with the existing folder. Then go back into the clover app and lock your system file back up, restart and it should be done. 
let me know if A that made sense and B it worked for you? :hysterical:

Hi, I just tried, I get the exact same error :(

2 minutes ago, On1ric said:

Hi, I just tried, I get the exact same error :(

your doing it wrong buddy,

do it again and before you press enter and try it copy and paste the command to me and il double check and correct it if need be for you

@On1ric this is what the line should look like with the patch on your desktop

/Users/NAME/Desktop/./patch-edid.rb

Change NAME to your User ID

after the folder is created put it on your desktop (it will say in terminal where it saved the folder) and then run this command

Sudo mount -uw / 

followed by 

Sudo cp -R /Users/NAME/Desktop/DisplayVendorID-4c2d /System/Library/Displays/Contents/Resources/Overrides

Changing NAME to your user ID and VendorID-4c2d is a example of the name of the folder so again you change that to whatever the one created is called

Restart the system and that should be that. :)

Edited by AudioGod

Yes, that's exactly what I'm doing. The command always gives me the same error.

Googling around, it seems that the System Integrity Protection must be disabled, which is done in recovery mode, and apparently I can't access it through standard means (cmd+R). I read that SIP can also be disabled from clover configurator this way, but the idea of touching this wonderful EFI makes me a bit uncomfortable: 

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-cant-disable-sip-el-capitan.176151/#post-1130943

Edited by On1ric

6 minutes ago, On1ric said:

Yes, that's exactly what I'm doing. Googling around, it seems that the System Integrity Protection must be disabled, which is done in recovery mode, and apparently I can't access it through standard means (cmd+R). I read that SIP can also be disabled from clover configurator this way, but the idea of touching this wonderful EFI makes me a bit uncomfortable: 

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-cant-disable-sip-el-capitan.176151/#post-1130943

It’s a simple change within the clover config.

RtVariables CsrActiveConfig=0x67, BooterConfig=0x28 equals SIP Disabled 

Edited by AudioGod

No problem man, thank you for all your help in the meantime, when you'll remember the way to access recovery I will try to get it fixed from there. By the way, I have 2 more questions: 

1- I set up the serial, MAC address etc as explained by Glasgood, I did exactly as he did by taking the MAC address from the ethernet settings, but I'm actually using wifi, is it correct anyway, or I should use the wifi MAC address instead?

2- The system went to sleep a couple times tonight and I was so excited in seeing it getting back from sleep perfectly. It went to sleep for a third time after a while and it was a complete mess on wakeup, I experienced heavy lag, took many seconds just to move a window around the desktop, tried to shut down and it freezed completely (only the mouse was still working fine, no lag at all, everything else was frozen). Had to shut down using the power button, booted Mac again and got a black screen with the "prohibition" signal that usually shows up during failed installation attempts. 

Logged back into windows, shut down correctly, booted Mac again and it worked, I'm now in again and everything runs smooth. Is there any way to prevent this in the future?

9 minutes ago, On1ric said:

No problem man, thank you for all your help in the meantime, when you'll remember the way to access recovery I will try to get it fixed from there. By the way, I have 2 more questions: 

1- I set up the serial, MAC address etc as explained by Glasgood, I did exactly as he did by taking the MAC address from the ethernet settings, but I'm actually using wifi, is it correct anyway, or I should use the wifi MAC address instead?

2- The system went to sleep a couple times tonight and I was so excited in seeing it getting back from sleep perfectly. It went to sleep for a third time after a while and it was a complete mess on wakeup, I experienced heavy lag, took many seconds just to move a window around the desktop, tried to shut down and it freezed completely (only the mouse was still working fine, no lag at all, everything else was frozen). Had to shut down using the power button, booted Mac again and got a black screen with the "prohibition" signal that usually shows up during failed installation attempts. 

Logged back into windows, shut down correctly, booted Mac again and it worked, I'm now in again and everything runs smooth. Is there any way to prevent this in the future?

Go into the bios and change the igpu from 64mb to 32mb and that should help with the kp boot errors at start up. Also if your having strange problems sometimes when it wakes from sleep then it’s usually a usb device causing trouble so best thing to do is remove all Usb devices apart from the mouse and keyboard for now and see if it stops and if it does then slowly put stuff back until you find the problem device. 

I only have mouse and kb as usb devices. The only things I did since the previous sleep are: I paired an original magic keyboard (Bluetooth), and I installed chrome. I also attached a pair of headphones (with jack, not usb) but detached them just a couple minutes later, much before it went to sleep