AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
5,904 posts in this topic

Booted last night with the new efi. Didnt have time for further tests but the system works just fine at the moment. Igpu is detected ok. Still working through vega though. I am on latest mojave. I figuerd out that clover shows the icons for high sierra. Same thing happened before.Any clues on that?

Edited by dsynos80

9 hours ago, benjiolino said:

not for me. Both Disabled in Videoproc. Hmmm maybe I missed again something in BIOS. I check tomorrow. Thanks :)

Im think I found the problem. It was the problem in the first place. When I boot with Internal GPU enabled it would stuck at EndRandomSeed. That was the problem in the beginning. Then I reset the BIOS and forgot to put Internal GPU enabled. The thing is the machine starts with Internal GPU Auto or disabled but when I put enabled it doesn't. And I guess QuickSync only works with ENABLED int. GPU, right?

Edited by benjiolino

I am somehow very confused at the moment.

Do I still need to use Clover with the new EFI?

Because the newest version of clover looks different now and already destroyed my macOS boot once.

I am currently stuck at the point of making the mackintosh permanently bootable.

Can someone please describe me how to go on further from here?

9 minutes ago, erikmay said:

I am somehow very confused at the moment.

Do I still need to use Clover with the new EFI?

Because the newest version of clover looks different now and already destroyed my macOS boot once.

I am currently stuck at the point of making the mackintosh permanently bootable.

Can someone please describe me how to go on further from here?

The new EFI is clover lol

But you don’t need to over install it again you just use the EFI with your details and done.

you will need to remove the power from the mains and then remove the motherboards battery for a few mins to completely clear out the nvram and then your good to go.

just read everything carefully and your be fine, it’s a very simple install it’s just I’m noticing a lot of people don’t read what to do and jump straight in and mess it up that way. 

1 hour ago, benjiolino said:

Im think I found the problem. It was the problem in the first place. When I boot with Internal GPU enabled it would stuck at EndRandomSeed. That was the problem in the beginning. Then I reset the BIOS and forgot to put Internal GPU enabled. The thing is the machine starts with Internal GPU Auto or disabled but when I put enabled it doesn't. And I guess QuickSync only works with ENABLED int. GPU, right?

igpu needs to be enabled yes, auto and disabled will not work. Please read the install instructions slowly and carefully and your be fine, the most important part your missing is your not clearing out the nvram propperly and that’s why your having trouble by the sound of it.

if you look through the thread and bother to do your research you wouldn’t have any of the troubles your having dude. :thumbsdown_anim:

Edited by AudioGod

5 hours ago, dsynos80 said:

Booted last night with the new efi. Didnt have time for further tests but the system works just fine at the moment. Igpu is detected ok. Still working through vega though. I am on latest mojave. I figuerd out that clover shows the icons for high sierra. Same thing happened before.Any clues on that?

I’m using a theme called neon in clover that’s all bud. Change it if you don’t like it :thumbsup_anim:

1 hour ago, AudioGod said:

I’m using a theme called neon in clover that’s all bud. Change it if you don’t like it :thumbsup_anim:

Ye i know, it does that no matter the theme i choose. Going to manual solution aka icon replacing hehe.

47 minutes ago, Tiem said:

Hey quick question. Why is quirks better than aptio?

It’s a lot more stable and I mean a lot more stable.

since switching over to Quirks I’m yet to see a memory allocation failure as native NVRam has no troubles using quirks and with no need to add a slide value to your boot arguments. Also When I last used smbios 19,1 as the main EFI using Aptiomemoryfix it caused so many problems for so many people that I had to revert it to smbios 1,1 with igpu disabled to resolve the trouble that everyone was having. Now with the new drivers all the problems have gone away and we have a very successful 19,1 EFI that just works. Much much better :) 

Edited by AudioGod

Ha! New issue.  Tried to boot this afternoon with 19.1. Forbidden signal when i selected osx.( Had my fw audio card turned on). Turned of the card, again cold boot, same thing so probably  its not the card. Reverted to 1.1 efi and bios settings, all good. Hmmm.. Yesterday cold boot worked, restart from windows worked too.

8 minutes ago, dsynos80 said:

Ha! New issue.  Tried to boot this afternoon with 19.1. Forbidden signal when i selected osx.( Had my fw audio card turned on). Turned of the card, again cold boot, same thing so probably  its not the card. Reverted to 1.1 efi and bios settings, all good. Hmmm.. Yesterday cold boot worked, restart from windows worked too.

Holly cow mate,

You will need to reset the bios by Removing the power cable and then pulling the battery on the motherboard for a few minutes to totally clear the nvram before loading into Catalina with the new EFI for the first time. If you don’t do this you will continue to have this kind of issue.

the forbidden signal as you call it is the system failing to allocate memory to the native NVRam, 

Edited by AudioGod

7 hours ago, AudioGod said:

It’s a lot more stable and I mean a lot more stable.

since switching over to Quirks I’m yet to see a memory allocation failure as native NVRam has no troubles using quirks and with no need to add a slide value to your boot arguments. Also When I last used smbios 19,1 as the main EFI using Aptiomemoryfix it caused so many problems for so many people that I had to revert it to smbios 1,1 with igpu disabled to resolve the trouble that everyone was having. Now with the new drivers all the problems have gone away and we have a very successful 19,1 EFI that just works. Much much better :) 

Thanks for the info. Still learning :)

I know what you mean. I calculated my slide value but still mostly boot with slide=0.

11 minutes ago, Tiem said:

Thanks for the info. Still learning :)

I know what you mean. I calculated my slide value but still mostly boot with slide=0.

Don’t use a slide value with this version of the EFI, it’s unnecessary buddy. :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

On 12/22/2019 at 5:10 AM, stdmje said:

Yeah i am using your last EFI with smbios19,1 but no luck with Sidecar. Also if i set Internal Graphics > Enabled in the bios (revision F11), the system won't boot and shows the typical prohibit symbol so i have to leave it as Auto.

Anyway, just playing a bit since i don't need Sidecar either.

Thank you again for all your work!

Did you manage to get sidecar working in the end ? 

5 hours ago, gibbo592 said:

Did you manage to get sidecar working in the end ? 

He’s Sidecar isn’t working because he is not setting he’s igpu to enabled and trying to use auto instead which will not work. Dunno if he listened to me and fixed it though.

hes also not reading the notes about the EFI and clearing the nvram by pulling the battery from the board for a few minutes.

its a such a shame that people can’t read a few simple notes to avoid these tiny problems or just ask somebody on this thread as there’s plenty a person on here willing to help.  

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, lanparty35 said:

@AudioGod What changes i need to do with your EFI if i want use only internal GPU Intel UHD 630? Will there be any problems with the functioning of the system? Sleep & Wake for example? I don't want to spend money for other GPU.

it should work yes. Enable your igpu and give it a go. If it doesn’t work for you then let me know and il patch clover for you but the dsdt should allow it to work as is. 

Edited by AudioGod

One question related to what @lanparty35 asked. On the config.plist on the provided iMac19,1 EFI I do not see and headless setup for internal graphics on devices. But Hackintool reports it correctly as headless (with the normal setup using a dGPU). Is that done via the DSDT?

Edited by WizeMan