AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
5,904 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, AudioGod said:

I need 2 or 3 volunteers who are willing to try my new EFI under 19,1.

who's game?

@hungrywallet Your hack is top of my list to try it if your up for it?

Did you change the DSDT or is it all config changes?

Also with regards to DRM gate, I don't think anyone is freaking out about it, I actually don't even use that stuff much anyway and can just as easily use it in chrome. I think most of the people on here are just very focused on getting a 100% working system and your EFI/guide is so good, DRM is the only problem we have left to talk about. And we love tinkering with our builds! :D This place would be boring if we didn't have anything to mess with.

2 minutes ago, tasc said:

Did you change the DSDT or is it all config changes?

Also with regards to DRM gate, I don't think anyone is freaking out about it, I actually don't even use that stuff much anyway and can just as easily use it in chrome. I think most of the people on here are just very focused on getting a 100% working system and your EFI/guide is so good, DRM is the only problem we have left to talk about. And we love tinkering with our builds! :D This place would be boring if we didn't have anything to mess with.

@tasc you tell my inbox that mate. It’s beyond a joke now tbh. :wallbash:

no changes to the DSDT but I’ve done something very special indeed mainly with the drivers. 
for instance, not using Aptiomemoryfix or anything else related to the old UEFI drivers

Edited by AudioGod

Hi,

First of all, thank you for your efi and guide, it was really easy to start with my first hackintosh.

I've a i5 9600k, sapphire rx 580 pulse and i had lot's of stop signs on boot, then changed to 19,1 and OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 as you suggested in first post and it is working great for some time.

if you want I can test your new efi version.

Thanks

1 hour ago, AudioGod said:

@tasc you tell my inbox that mate. It’s beyond a joke now tbh. :wallbash:

no changes to the DSDT but I’ve done something very special indeed mainly with the drivers. 
for instance, not using Aptiomemoryfix or anything else related to the old UEFI drivers

Ah interesting, I'm guessing you are going opencore route with OcQuirks and FwRuntimeServices? I've seen in another forum where they have replaced AptioMemoryFix by using those. Interested to see how it turns out.

1 minute ago, tasc said:

Ah interesting, I'm guessing you are going opencore route with OcQuirks and FwRuntimeServices? I've seen in another forum where they have replaced AptioMemoryFix by using those. Interested to see how it turns out.

Yep you got it mate, it’s working beautifully so far, I’m testing under 19,1 and it’s rock solid.

gonna replace the main EFI with this one soon if it keeps up the stability like it is and the testers all approve it too.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gabe.p said:

it works pretty well only issue on my side is Netflix on safari doesn't work and I got black screen still needed agdpmod=pikera anything specific you wanted to test

Netflix not working has nothing to do with the EFI, please read my post about drm issues I made earlier buddy.

no just use it for a few days and see how it works for you, it’s more about extra stability and better native nvram compatibility then anything else. Any boot flags you needed before you will still need now like pikera.   :) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AudioGod said:

Yep you got it mate, it’s working beautifully so far, I’m testing under 19,1 and it’s rock solid.

gonna replace the main EFI with this one soon if it keeps up the stability like it is and the testers all approve it too.

I've been super excited for you to release the OC variant. The current one using Clover was dead easy to set up. Just threw some files on a USB and installed macOS :thumbsup_anim:

Can't wait :D

4 hours ago, AudioGod said:

Netflix not working has nothing to do with the EFI, please read my post about drm issues I made earlier buddy.

no just use it for a few days and see how it works for you, it’s more about extra stability and better native nvram compatibility then anything else. Any boot flags you needed before you will still need now like pikera.   :) 

If you want someone with a Radeon VII to try it (19.1 smbios, intel i9, auros pro wifi, 32 Gb, Catalina 10.15.2), I am up for it.

saCULar

• Like 1

I am having an issue with this setup, so after the initial apple loading screen when I want to install, everything goes black and basically stays that way. Anyone else had this issue before? 

Z390 Pro Wifi (F11)

Rx5700

22 minutes ago, sh4yy said:

I am having an issue with this setup, so after the initial apple loading screen when I want to install, everything goes black and basically stays that way. Anyone else had this issue before? 

Z390 Pro Wifi (F11)

Rx5700

add the boot argument agdpmod=pikera to the clover config and try again buddy. :)

On 12/4/2019 at 7:01 PM, AudioGod said:

@artstp1 are you using XMP enabled on your memory without any other changes  and using slot a2 b2? (Furthest slot from the cpu is b2)

if not then do so and try again, also manually set your ram voltage to 1.35v and give it a try.

Thanks for answer!

That solution not worked too (changed to a2/b2 and set to 1.35v).

Yesterday i upgraded to 9900k and changed Kingston DDR4 32Gb (2x16) (HX432C18FBK2/32) to Corsair Vengeance Pro (2x16) (CMW32GX4M2C3466C16).

Corsair DDR4 in a2/b2 slot, XMP enabled (3466), 16-18-18-36, dram voltage - 1.35v.

External Drive - Samsung T5 connected through USB-C hub (Rear Red USB-C port).

Issue not solved - still got message after wake/sleep - "Disk not eject properly" (for all USB drives connected, unplugged and plugged again).

// If I plug a USB flash drive in other USB 3.0 port without an external drive plugged in USB-C hub - no errors, devices remain connected).

I found only one solution (other forum) - downgrading memory frequency to 2666MHz.

Please need help! How does this work for you without errors?

P.S. Can't get this memory to work at 3600MHz:(. Testing...

Edited by artstp1

2 hours ago, artstp1 said:

Thanks for answer!

That solution not worked too (changed to a2/b2 and set to 1.35v).

Yesterday i upgraded to 9900k and changed Kingston DDR4 32Gb (2x16) (HX432C18FBK2/32) to Corsair Vengeance Pro (2x16) (CMW32GX4M2C3466C16).

Corsair DDR4 in a2/b2 slot, XMP enabled (3466), 16-18-18-36, dram voltage - 1.35v.

External Drive - Samsung T5 connected through USB-C hub (Rear Red USB-C port).

Issue not solved - still got message after wake/sleep - "Disk not eject properly" (for all USB drives connected, unplugged and plugged again).

// If I plug a USB flash drive in other USB 3.0 port without an external drive plugged in USB-C hub - no errors, devices remain connected).

I found only one solution (other forum) - downgrading memory frequency to 2666MHz.

Please need help! How does this work for you without errors?

P.S. Can't get this memory to work at 3600MHz:(. Testing...

that is so odd, have you tried a different usbc hub as I do not have the same problem and I also have a usb c hub permanently connected to my hack yet I do not encounter any of the problems that you do plus my memory is overclocked too. 

that is so odd, have you tried a different usbc hub as I do not have the same problem and I also have a usb c hub permanently connected to my hack yet I do not encounter any of the problems that you do plus my memory is overclocked too. 

It seem to me, problem not in USB-C hub only. If I plugged External Drive (Samsung T5) directly in USB 3.0 port - same issue. What USB-C hub and external drive you are using?

Edited by artstp1

5 hours ago, artstp1 said:

It seem to me, problem not in USB-C hub only. If I plugged External Drive (Samsung T5) directly in USB 3.0 port - same issue. What USB-C hub and external drive you are using?

just try "jettison" , you can configure what to eject before sleep etc. The problem with "not correctly ejected" also exists on some real Mac's as on my old cheese grater f.i

• Like 1

On 12/13/2019 at 6:22 AM, AudioGod said:

I need 2 or 3 volunteers who are willing to try my new EFI under 19,1.

who's game?

Hi @AudioGod, how's the testing on the new EFI going? Are you switching your personal machine back to 19,1 or keeping it at 1,1?

Just now, tasc said:

Hi @AudioGod, how's the testing on the new EFI going? Are you switching your personal machine back to 19,1 or keeping it at 1,1?

It’s all perfect, I will always stick at 1,1 personally but 19,1:is working beautifully now under the new EFI.

will update the guide when I have the time :) 

• Like 1

NEW EFI & GUIDE UPDATE 17th December

The EFI has now been updated to the my latest version.

Changes made include,

AptioMemoryFix & FSInject have now been replaced with OcQuirks & FwRuntimeServices,

Clover rc scripts is no longer used or needed,

5700XT Optimised to work as best it can be for now,

WEG 1.3.6 (Beta)

Lilu 1.4.1 (Beta)

Clover Updated too Revision 5100

Plus other minor tweaks and changes

EFI Update - 17/12/2019

19,1 Z390 Pro NAVI-VEGA EFI.zip

19,1 Z390 Pro RX EFI.zip

You will need to reset the bios by Removing the power cable and then pulling the battery on the motherboard for a few minutes to totally clear the nvram before loading into Catalina with the new EFI for the first time.

Use the unlocked MSR Bios profile if you can and untick kernelPM in the clover config if you do use it and then make the following changes to the bios, 

• Boot -> Windows 8/10 Features -> Win 8/10

Boot -> CSM Support -> Disabled (Can be set to Enabled if need be but try to have it set to Disabled first)

Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Graphics -> Enabled

Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Pre-Allocated -> 64M

Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Total GFX0-Allocated -> 256M

Settings -> IO Ports -> Aperture Size -> 256MB

Settings -> IO Ports -> Above 4G Decoding -> Enabled

If you prefer using SMBios 1,1 then by all means switch to it but all the old problems of using 19,1 are corrected now with this EFI plus DRM is fully working unless you have a  Polaris gpu. Just to add, SMBios 19,1 is the correct one to be using for our chipset and cpu, if you check the spec of a real macpro it is not a using a CoffeeLake CPU or Z3xx chipset. It does work perfectlyl but correct is correct so 19,1 it is. :) 

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

NEW EFI & GUIDE UPDATE 17th December

The EFI has now been updated to the my latest version.

Changes made include,

AptioMemoryFix & FSInject have now been replaced with OcQuirks & FwRuntimeServices,

Clover rc scripts is no longer used or needed,

5700XT Optimised to work as best it can be for now,

WEG 1.3.6 (Beta)

Lilu 1.4.1 (Beta)

Clover Updated too Revision 5100

Plus other minor tweaks and changes

EFI Update - 17/12/2019

19,1 Z390 Pro NAVI-VEGA EFI.zip

19,1 Z390 Pro RX EFI.zip

You will need to reset the bios by Removing the power cable and then pulling the battery on the motherboard for a few minutes to totally clear the nvram before loading into Catalina with the new EFI for the first time.

Use the unlocked MSR Bios profile if you can and then make the following changes to the bios, 

• Boot -> Windows 8/10 Features -> Win 8/10

Boot -> CSM Support -> Disabled (Can be set to Enabled if need be but try to have it set to Disabled first)

Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Graphics -> Enabled

Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Pre-Allocated -> 64M

Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Total GFX0-Allocated -> 256M

Settings -> IO Ports -> Aperture Size -> 256MB

Settings -> IO Ports -> Above 4G Decoding -> Enabled

Nice work @AudioGod! Are you still recommending AptioMemoryFix for those using iMacPro1,1 or should everyone switch to new opencore drivers? Also, do these updated BIOS settings apply to both 1,1 and 19,1? Thanks!

22 minutes ago, tasc said:

Nice work @AudioGod! Are you still recommending AptioMemoryFix for those using iMacPro1,1 or should everyone switch to new opencore drivers? Also, do these updated BIOS settings apply to both 1,1 and 19,1? Thanks!

Thanks buddy, Use the new EFI with SMBios 19,1 or 1,1  and all new settings apply to all (bar igpu for 1,1) :thumbsup_anim:

I just updated my notes on the update for you and everybody else about using 1,1 or 19,1 and why I have switched it to 19,1. 
I hope that clears things up for you good sir :) 

Edited by AudioGod