AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
5,904 posts in this topic

54 minutes ago, dsynos80 said:

Great news! I will try it too and report. Btw, is there any real benefit of having Uhd630 enabled? I mean can we use both? Does it do better encoding than my Vega64? I am an Audio guy so i have no clue. Thnx!

19,1 will give you working Sidecar and As my note says on the update post.

If you prefer using SMBios 1,1 then by all means switch to it but all the old problems of using 19,1 are corrected now with this EFI plus DRM is fully working unless you have a RX gpu. Just to add, SMBios 19,1 is the correct one to be using for our chipset and cpu, if you check the spec of a real macpro it is not a using a CoffeeLake CPU or Z3xx chipset. It does work perfectlyl but correct is correct so 19,1 it is. :)

Just now, texem said:

Better say Polaris GPU ,  NAVI is "RX" is well has no DRM probs :-)

Just now, texem said:

Better say Polaris GPU ,  NAVI is "RX" is well has no DRM probs :-)

LoL, good point

@AudioGod the new EFI is Rock Solid, I 've run it for about 3 days, heavy Xcode and Graphics use.

Unfortunately, while the old iMac19,1 EFI has AppleTV working good with shikigva=16 on my RX 580, this EFI doesn't with the same flag. Because I use a lot of AppleTV I have reverted back.

I am open to beta test if you have any ideas on how to fix this. :)

4 minutes ago, WizeMan said:

@AudioGod the new EFI is Rock Solid, I 've run it for about 3 days, heavy Xcode and Graphics use.

Unfortunately, while the old iMac19,1 EFI has AppleTV working good with shikigva=16 on my RX 580, this EFI doesn't with the same flag. Because I use a lot of AppleTV I have reverted back.

I am open to beta test if you have any ideas on how to fix this. :)

did you try shiki 16 instead of 80 ?

i put a post up the other day a few pages back that has a link to a guide for all the correct shiki values to make it work.

This new EFI has now gone live and is the main one from here on in. 

https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/blob/master/Manual/FAQ.Chart.md

Edited by AudioGod

3 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

did you try shiki 16 instead of 80 ?

i put a post up the other day a few pages back that has a link to a guide for all the correct shiki values to make it work.

This new EFI has now gone live and is the main one from here on in. 

Of course I changed the Shiki value when I edited the config.plist to add my serial number etc etc. shikigva=16 is the only working for AppleTV (I got it from the link you posted some days ago) at least with Clover and your previous EFI

Edited by WizeMan

5 minutes ago, WizeMan said:

Of course I changed the Shiki value when I edited the config.plist to add my serial number etc etc. shikigva=16 is the only working for AppleTV (I got it from the link you posted some days ago)

ok so instead of going back to the old Efi why not change smbios too 1,1 instead of 19,1 and disable the gpu and try it that way?

@WizeMan btw just incase you didn’t know, you would need to make new info for 19,1...if you copy across 1,1 serials and put them into a 19,1 smbios things generally go wrong. 
Also did you try it with my preset value of 80?

Edited by AudioGod

2 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

ok so instead of going back to the old Efi why not change smbios too 1,1 instead of 19,1 and disable the gpu and try it that way?

I can try that. I will do and post updates. Thanks!

2 hours ago, WizeMan said:

Of course I changed the Shiki value when I edited the config.plist to add my serial number etc etc. shikigva=16 is the only working for AppleTV (I got it from the link you posted some days ago) at least with Clover and your previous EFI

@WizeMan try these boot args when running on 19,1, that should get AppleTV working again:

shikigva=32 shiki-id=Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, tasc said:

@WizeMan try these boot args when running on 19,1, that should get AppleTV working again:

shikigva=32 shiki-id=Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94

Will try this as well and report back, thank you,

3 hours ago, AudioGod said:

@WizeMan btw just incase you didn’t know, you would need to make new info for 19,1...if you copy across 1,1 serials and put them into a 19,1 smbios things generally go wrong. 
Also did you try it with my preset value of 80?

I tried the new iMac19,1. I was using your iMac19,1 OLD EFI before, not the Pro. So I am sure I did not make any mistake there :D I am a noob but not SUCH a noob :D. To be completely honest I do not recall if I tried with the preset shikigva=80 value, but I can try that as well.

This is great, will be updating from 1,1 to 19,1. Couple of questions though:

1. Will I have to redo everything related to iMessaging to get it to work again, or if it works now under the old EFI and 1,1 will it just continue working?

2. If I have an RX590 do I need to use the unlocked MSR Bios profile?

Thanks so much

12 minutes ago, ktabb said:

This is great, will be updating from 1,1 to 19,1. Couple of questions though:

1. Will I have to redo everything related to iMessaging to get it to work again, or if it works now under the old EFI and 1,1 will it just continue working?

2. If I have an RX590 do I need to use the unlocked MSR Bios profile?

Thanks so much

Hi,

yes your need to redo your iCloud info and I would recommend the unlocked MSR profile to everybody but if you don’t want to use it then everything will work fine without it. :) 

8 minutes ago, letsdrink said:

Hi!

I just updated to this new EFI version. First impression: fans become louder. Not sure if it's CPU or 5700XT fan.

Did you use the MSR CFG config and have a Smart Fan profile set up before you updated?  That probably changed up whatever you had previously set there (or if you reset bios and loaded optimized defaults).

4 minutes ago, hungrywallet said:

Did you use the MSR CFG config and have a Smart Fan profile set up before you updated?  That probably changed up whatever you had previously set there (or if you reset bios and loaded optimized defaults).

Yes, I had MSR CFG before the update.

@AudioGod Reporting back the results from the RX 580 AppleTV related exercise using again the new iMac19,1 EFI (adding my Board Serial Number, MLB etc):

1. No change to Shiki flag (kept shikigva=80): AppleTV Video Screen opens and crashes immediately
  2. Change Shiki flag to what used to work with the previous iMac19,1 EFI + WEG 1.3.6 Development (shikigva=16): AppleTV Video Screen opens and crashes immediately
  3. Change Shiki flag to what @tasc recommended (shikigva=32 shiki-id=Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94): AppleTV works perfectly, and to my surprise (since shiki-id=Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94 makes GVA think it is an iMacPro1,1SideCar works perfectly as well!

So I will be rocking your new EFI from now on!

Thank you @AudioGod for the great work on this and also @tasc for the shikigva flag recommendation.

P.S.: Isn't it really weird that my setup needed a different flag to make this work? What would be the cause?

Has anybody noticed any of these issues with the new EFI? :

1. Network / Bluetooth issues: I have been heavily using Skype and Hangouts with the previous and the current (new EFI) and with the latter I have been experiencing degrade in my communications.

I do not know whether this bluetooth (headset) or network related. Probably network because Whenever I have issues with the communication some pages also lag to load.

Also, with the old EFI my hack automatically connected to the 5G Wifi Network, but now it 
    doesn't (it connects to the 2.4G network - The router provides the same SSID for both -) and maybe that's what causing issues (BT - Wifi on 2.4 both is a no-no). My networking setup has not changed (router in the same position and it's settings as well)

2. Sleep: I press Apple Icon -> Sleep when I leave the office. With the previous EFI when I came back the next day, my computer stayed sleeping (all motherboard / cooler LEDs off - fans off) and woke up fine when moving the Apple Magic Mouse or pressing a Magic keyboard key.

With the new EFI, I put the machine to sleep yesterday when I left work (it slept as it normally did before) but when I came back in the morning, although the monitor had no signal, the motherboard LEDs where on and the fans where working as well. When I moved the mouse the monitor got signal and unlock with watch worked as well, but the "sleep" state was very different (the motherboard LEDs and fans working, I mean).

Edited by WizeMan

6 minutes ago, WizeMan said:

Has anybody noticed any of these issues with the new EFI? :

1. Network / Bluetooth issues: I have been heavily using Skype and Hangouts with the previous and the current (new EFI) and with the latter I have been experiencing degrade in my communications. I do not know whether this bluetooth (headset) or network related. Probably network because Whenever I have issues with the communication some pages also lag to load. Also, with the old EFI my hack automatically connected to the 5G Wifi Network, but now it doesn't (it connects to the 2.4G network - The router provides the same SSID for both -) and maybe that's what causing issues (BT - Wifi on 2.4 both is a no-no). My networking setup has not changed (router in the same position and it's settings as well)
  2. Sleep: I press Apple Icon -> Sleep when I leave the office. With the previous EFI when I came back the next day, my computer stayed sleeping (all motherboard / cooler LEDs off - fans off) and woke up fine when moving the Apple Magic Mouse or pressing a Magic keyboard key. With the new EFI, I put the machine to sleep yesterday when I left work (it slept as it normally did before) but when I came back in the morning, although the monitor had no signal, the motherboard LEDs where on and the fans where working as well. When I moved the mouse the monitor got signal and unlock with watch worked as well, but the "sleep" state was very different (the motherboard LEDs and fans working, I mean).

I haven’t made a single change or alteration to anything todo with WiFi or Bluetooth so I don’t see how it can be the EFI at fault and also are you sure you didn’t walk in on the system waking from sleep as it’s setup to wake for mail or messages etc etc etc

My hack is sleeping right now and has been asleep since yesterday, I’ve just looked through my logs and nothing strange in the sleep department is going on over here.

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

About Networking / Bluetooth. I separated the 5G network into a different SSID, removed the 2G SSID and I will see how it goes.

About Sleep. Wake for network access has been enabled since day one. I have actually not changed the default settings since initial installation.

1077859579_Screenshot2019-12-20at12_28_51PM.thumb.png.4ff4288d7df648b519b90af243a8cc2a.png

How can I have a look at the sleep / wake logs? Hackintool is recommenced?

3 minutes ago, WizeMan said:

About Networking / Bluetooth. I separated the 5G network into a different SSID, removed the 2G SSID and I will see how it goes.

About Sleep. Wake for network access has been enabled since day one. I have actually not changed the default settings since initial installation.

1077859579_Screenshot2019-12-20at12_28_51PM.thumb.png.4ff4288d7df648b519b90af243a8cc2a.png

How can I have a look at the sleep / wake logs? Hackintool is recommenced?

If you untick power nap and wake for network then your system will stay off when sleeping. I’m  suggesting that you walked in on it in the middle of waking for your network, kinda fits the bill tbh. Put it to sleep and watch it’s behaviour. If you have been messing with OpenCore that can also have its effect if you didn’t clear out the nvram between EFI (just saying just incase)

Edited by AudioGod

5 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

If you untick power nap and wake for network then your system will stay off when sleeping. I’m  suggesting that you walked in on it in the middle of waking for your network, kinda fits the bill tbh. Put it to sleep and watch it’s behaviour. If you have been messing with OpenCore that can also have its effect if you didn’t clear out the nvram between EFI (just saying just incase)

Your point is very valid. I just probably caught that little rascal red-handed :D (woken up for network activity).

I always clear my NVRam, sir! I am a clean dude :)

Cheers again, @AudioGod. Your help is very valuable for our hacks and our sanity. :superman:

• Like 1