AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
5,858 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, hungrywallet said:

Maybe I should just do that then and keep my board..lol

Do the free2000, keep your board if you don't need thunderbolt. I need thunderbolt for my highspeed storage array. You can always add a thunderbolt card to your board. 

P.S.: Pull the battery, pull that shiit out. Pull it hard. Lolz

Edited by larabee
  • Like 1

Just now, hungrywallet said:

Thanks for the suggestion guys.  Now I can't wait to get home to mess with my rig some more.  :yes:

I look forward to hearing how it all went for you but before anything do airportfixup.kext first of all and try Apple TV and report back telling me how well it works now...lolololololol (yes I'm being confident about it) :thumbsup_anim::hysterical::drool:

Hello, first of all, thank you for this detailed guide. After 3 days of nonstop searching for answers, I finally got to install Catalina 10.15.1 from scratch and its running on my mobos GPU because I get a black screen when I use my 5700XT.

I am sorry if this has been already discussed but I haven't found answers still.

My build is: z390 Auros Elite, i9-9900k, 5700XT Shappire, 32GB RAM, 970 EVO Plus. 

So this is my situation atm: I got the install to work and can boot from SSD ( using Clover v2.4k_r4961 ) And now i am little bit lost. What should i do now? I cant find correct settings for my build, have tried many different drivers and kexts but still i cant get my gpu to work. Also my PCI list is not detecting. I got audio and ethernet working. Could somebody with similar build send me the correct files i need to have a stable system? Big thanks in advance and hope everybody get their hackintoshes running smooth:) 

Screenshot 2019-11-15 at 17.57.30.png

46 minutes ago, pats123 said:

Hello, first of all, thank you for this detailed guide. After 3 days of nonstop searching for answers, I finally got to install Catalina 10.15.1 from scratch and its running on my mobos GPU because I get a black screen when I use my 5700XT.

I am sorry if this has been already discussed but I haven't found answers still.

My build is: z390 Auros Elite, i9-9900k, 5700XT Shappire, 32GB RAM, 970 EVO Plus. 

So this is my situation atm: I got the install to work and can boot from SSD ( using Clover v2.4k_r4961 ) And now i am little bit lost. What should i do now? I cant find correct settings for my build, have tried many different drivers and kexts but still i cant get my gpu to work. Also my PCI list is not detecting. I got audio and ethernet working. Could somebody with similar build send me the correct files i need to have a stable system? Big thanks in advance and hope everybody get their hackintoshes running smooth:) 

Screenshot 2019-11-15 at 17.57.30.png

hey pal,

what you need to do is start again from scratch with a vanilla EFI and get a dsdt and ssdt created for you. Follow the link and use the tools provided and put in a dsdt request there after the new EFI you create is ready. :)

https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1131

Hey there. I used your EFI and Im happy to say that im up and running. I'm trying to get thunderbolt to work correctly at this time. My Thunderbolt monitor worked with no issues, but I was only able to get the camera, speakers, etc. working only once and I have no idea what I did.

Is there something that I need to do in order to get thunderbolt working correctly (alpine ridge)?

My specs if that helps:

MB: Aorus z390 Pro (non wifi)

CPU: Core i9 9900k (seems common around here #RichNerds)

Memory: 32GB 3Ghz

Wifi: I forget... Its fenvi though and its working with no issues

GPU: Gigabyte Vega 64 (working with no issue with your EFI on page 1)

Thunderbolt: Gigabyte Alpine Ridge Rev. 2 (Monitor has worked from the beginning with no issue and the ports on this monitor appear at first as USB 2.0 hub with nothing populated. I left for work and everything became visible (and usable) See screenshots. I have rebooted and cannot get the device recognized again. The hub is recognized but never populates. If I leave it alone, the devices may become recognized over time... who knows.)

Monitor: Apple Cinema 27" Monitor (Thunderbolt) (...SEE ABOVE)

Beer: Goose Island IPA (90 Minute)

s3.png

s2.png

s1.png

Edited by anubious
added images

On 11/12/2019 at 12:49 PM, tasc said:

Yes indeed, switched back to imacpro1,1 smbios and computer completely feezes with safari/netflix on login. However, the other DRM stuff works now out of the box (TV app streaming) without shikigva setting. 

Another thing I noticed between iMac and iMacPro smbios with this latest EFI. When launching activity monitor on iMac, the icon would bounce 4-5 times before the app opened. With iMacPro, it opens instantly.

Since I don't use sidecar, I think iMacPro is probably my better bet for now. But I'm worried about what the lack of a T2 chip might cause in the future using this.

Just landed on amazon prime video page in safari, and it locked up the computer as well (just like netflix). @larabee are you on iMacPro1,1 and not having this issue? I'm on latest EFI and iMacPro smbios with iGPU disabled.

2 minutes ago, tasc said:

Just landed on amazon prime video page in safari, and it locked up the computer as well (just like netflix). @larabee are you on iMacPro1,1 and not having this issue? I'm on latest EFI and iMacPro smbios with iGPU disabled.

I don't have any issue any all with SMBIOS iMac Pro 1,1 and iGPU disabled. Here is Amazon Prime video playing just fine. 

IMG_7290.thumb.jpg.f4e006f12007417441a1317cccef7d16.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, anubious said:

Hey there. I used your EFI and Im happy to say that im up and running. I'm trying to get thunderbolt to work correctly at this time. My Thunderbolt monitor worked with no issues, but I was only able to get the camera, speakers, etc. working only once and I have no idea what I did.

Is there something that I need to do in order to get thunderbolt working correctly (alpine ridge)?

Did you tried turn off Thunderbolt force power to see how it works? 

Install windows and get the card to work on windows first before trying it in hackintosh. 

@tasc It's your RX560 that's causing issue :D

Edited by larabee

11 minutes ago, larabee said:

I don't have any issue any all with SMBIOS iMac Pro 1,1 and iGPU disabled. Here is Amazon Prime video playing just fine. 

Argh ok, thanks for the quick replies! I'm running the same setup, same bios (with unlocked profile), same EFI so thinking it must be some small hardware difference causing it. I may try and get DSDT generated to see if it helps any.

2 minutes ago, tasc said:

Argh ok, thanks for the quick replies! I'm running the same setup, same bios (with unlocked profile), same EFI so thinking it must be some small hardware difference causing it. I may try and get DSDT generated to see if it helps any.

Have you got airportfixup.kext in place?

if you don’t then put it and reboot and try again and if you do have it already then do the reverse.

If that don’t work then send your EFI over and myself or @larabee will take a look at it.

im not in front of my system now but I’m sure the professor won’t mind. :) 

9 hours ago, ilcondannato said:

Maybe i'm the only one with DRM problem and osx freeze and reboot..... mbuauahauhauahuahauh now everyone on RX4/5 series got a problem LoL

We are pioneers and try to take the update head on , risking our own production machine to test out new build for you to enjoy it once we think it's stable enough on our end.

And don't forget that we are trying everything we can to help as much people here as possible but the variations in firmwares and the variations in each machine setup are too much to handle, so, sometimes, you have to make a decision for yourself.

If it's not working for you, roll back to the latest known stable build and wait for everyone to do their homework then you can copy it. 

40 minutes ago, MaLd0n said:

stay calm, people have a good tread here, don't be rude and avoid offtopic

let's have some fun and learn from each other!

Say it loud and clear Mr MaLd0n - Civility is the key

• Like 2

@ilcondannato what happens?

stay calm, people have a good tread here, don't be rude and avoid offtopic

let's have some fun and learn from each other!
Same issue as me,launch safari and Netflix and system hangs. Can change shkvi to diff values and maybe get not hang but error in Netflix drm related it seems.. from the looks of it there is an rx580 problem, for us with nitro+ variant.

Imacpro1,1 or iMac 19,1 with igpu on similar story..

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Cass67 said:

Same issue as me,launch safari and Netflix and system hangs. Can change shkvi to diff values and maybe get not hang but error in Netflix drm related it seems.. from the looks of it there is an rx580 problem, for us with nitro+ variant.

Imacpro1,1 or iMac 19,1 with igpu on similar story..

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

@hungrywallet has the same card with the same issues but He is now successfully up and running under 19,1 and 1,1 so there’s a little more to the story then it just being the gpu. I think it’s more to do with Catalina 15.1 or WEG as there’s to many users with the problem coming from all sorts or angles about it and that’s including non hack users too. It’s a very odd problem indeed 

Edited by AudioGod

31 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Are you using my EFI on a different motherboard or are you looking for a solution to the problem and stumbled upon this thread?

whats the exact problem buddy?

Hello system hangs with Netflix and Prime Video by Safari in Catalina 10.15.2 b2.

Edited by talmazi