AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
5,860 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, hungrywallet said:

I haven't tried the Broadcomfix.  I have tried the Airportfixup.  I was under the impression I wouldn't need any additional kext with this card being that it's natively supported.

Catalina changed what’s compatible and not somewhat but hey give it a try and see if it helps.

airportfixup.kext always helps when using a hack.

Hi ! Thank you for the AWESOME guide!

My system is:

Mobo: AORUS z390 Pro

CPU: i9-9900K

RAM: 2X16GB DDR4 3200Mhz

GFX: Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB

Wifi / BT: Fenvi T919

SSD: Samsung 970 EVO NVME

On the samsung I already have Catalina installation that worked very good on a previous motherboard that got wrecked so I would prefer to use this instead of installing again.

If I ve got things right I have to:

1. Download This: AudioGods Z390 PRO EFI RX F11 DSDT.zip
  2. Update Motherboard to F11 Bios
  3. Install Clover on a Boot USB and replace the EFI folder with the one on your zip file (after changing Serial Number etc. on config.plist)
  4. Connect the Fenvi Card on the PCIe slot and the cable on F_USB2.
  5. Boot from the USB Drive
  6. Hopefully the Catalina system will load successfully
  7. Mount the EFI partition on the nvme, copy the EFI folder from the USB to the EFI partition of the nvme.

Am I thinking clear? :D

• Like 1

On 11/21/2019 at 3:32 PM, WizeMan said:

Hi ! Thank you for the AWESOME guide!

My system is:

Mobo: AORUS z390 Pro

CPU: i9-9900K

RAM: 2X16GB DDR4 3200Mhz

GFX: Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB

Wifi / BT: Fenvi T919

SSD: Samsung 970 EVO NVME

On the samsung I already have Catalina installation that worked very good on a previous motherboard that got wrecked so I would prefer to use this instead of installing again.

If I ve got things right I have to:

1. Download This: 
  2. Update Motherboard to F11 Bios
  3. Install Clover on a Boot USB and replace the EFI folder with the one on your zip file (after changing Serial Number etc. on config.plist)
  4. Connect the Fenvi Card on the PCIe slot and the cable on F_USB2.
  5. Boot from the USB Drive
  6. Hopefully the Catalina system will load successfully
  7. Mount the EFI partition on the nvme, copy the EFI folder from the USB to the EFI partition of the nvme.

Am I thinking clear? :D

your thinking is spot on buddy so crack on and enjoy :) 

@WizeMan do this too

@larabee Has kindly made this bios profile for you all to use that will unlock CFG on your motherboard making it play alot more friendly with the NVRam.

It also has all the bios settings listed on this guide pre done and saved onto the profile.

1 - Download the profile and save it to a USB Key

2 - Go into the bios,

3 - Load the profile, 

4 - Save and exit

5 - Go straight back into the bios and save your bios to a new profile and name it Default CFG Unlocked or something like that.

6 - Reset your Motherboard by removing the power cable and then remove the battery from the motherboard for a minute or two to clear out the bios fully.

7 - Go back into your bios and load back in the saved profile you made,

8 - Boot back into Catalina go into your clover config and under Kernal and Kext Patches Uncheck KernalPM 

9 - Save the changes and then restart and your done, your motherboard will now be CFG (MSR) Unlocked

PLEASE NOTE - If you reset the bios or load bios defaults it will clear the Unlock making CFG Locked again. 

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

your thinking is spot on buddy so crack on and enjoy :) 

@WizeMan do this too

@larabee Has kindly made this bios profile for you all to use that will unlock CFG on your motherboard making it play alot more friendly with the NVRam.

It also has all the bios settings listed on this guide pre done and saved onto the profile.

MSR Unlocked

1 - Download the profile and save it to a USB Key

2 - Go into the bios,

3 - Load the profile, 

4 - Save and exit

5 - Go straight back into the bios and save your bios to a new profile and name it Default CFG Unlocked or something like that.

6 - Reset your Motherboard by removing the power cable and then remove the battery from the motherboard for a minute or two to clear out the bios fully.

7 - Go back into your bios and load back in the saved profile you made,

8 - Boot back into Catalina go into your clover config and under Kernal and Kext Patches Uncheck KernalPM 

9 - Save the changes and then restart and your done, your motherboard will now be CFG (MSR) Unlocked

PLEASE NOTE - If you reset the bios or load bios defaults it will clear the Unlock making CFG Locked again. 

Awesome! Makes my life even easier! Thank you @AudioGod!!!

• Like 1

Looks like new WEG boot arg will fix our AMD DRM issues in 1.3.5 (not released yet):

- _How can I enable AMD DRM for Music, Safari, TV, leaving IGPU for other applications?_  
Add `shikigva=16` argument to boot-args or to DeviceProperties in any GPU.

Looks like new WEG boot arg will fix our AMD DRM issues in 1.3.5 (not released yet):

- _How can I enable AMD DRM for Music, Safari, TV, leaving IGPU for other applications?_  Add `shikigva=16` argument to boot-args or to DeviceProperties in any GPU.

Quite promising. How can we get access to beta testing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- _How can I enable AMD DRM for Music, Safari, TV, leaving IGPU for other applications?_  Add `shikigva=16` argument to boot-args or to DeviceProperties in any GPU.

3 minutes ago, WizeMan said:

Just hang in there, I have a dev build of 1.3.5 and it’s changing everyday still. When it stops modifying and is ready to go live il post 1.3.5 up on here :) 

Edited by AudioGod
  • Thanks 1

Hi, I am using the Pro Wifi Mainboard model and I known it is not as in the guid, but after all, with your EFI I was able to see the apple logo, then it disappears and I got a black screen without any errors.

Which settings I have to make to get my pc working with just the iGPU as a graphic card?

On 11/19/2019 at 8:57 PM, larabee said:

@gino8080 I used the same setup as yours. My monitor has 1 DP (hookup to nvidia for 144hz gsynz) and 1 HDMI (hookup to AMD), it auto detects the sources, and with AMD disabled in device manager in windows, the monitor automatically pickup signal from Nvidia card. Not sure if your monitor can do that.

What's the price of 2080 in your area? It's a much better choice buying used 2080.  

Hello @larabee mine is an "old" Zotac 1080 , I paid about 1200€  i suppose about 1 year ago 

Btw i'm getting serious instability problems using both cards :cry:

I mean, I disabled the secondary PCI using the ssdt from the good @tasc

BUT my system got a lot of problems:

• on OSX , no secondary card is visible from system, so ssdt seems working good, BUT my osx randomly reboots without any apparent reason!!  sometimes on the new boot I lost usb or bluetooth dongle..
  • on WINDOWS I got lots of problem with drivers, and games, maybe the old AMD drivers was causing problems
    so i uninstalled completely and also disabled the card (now is listed in device manager as generic display something..)
    I got a lot of crashes while playing games, so i disabled also the xbox bar overlay , and also the secondary monitor and seems going better, but I need to test more
  • Now I phisically removed the secondary GTX card and OSX seems Stable as before

Could be a problem with energy / wattage / power consumption? my power supply is a Cooler Master v100 so i suppose should be sufficent

Or maybe is a Temperature problem? the 2 gpu are really big, and my case is so small, maybe the Gpus or the mobo become too hot?

Sorry for my Maccaroni english  hope I explained my problems :)

Thank you! You save my life!!!

Can anybody help me with some issue please?

I have the almost the same build as author. My GPU is different (RX 5700XT Nitro+) and maybe my PCI-E WiFi/Bt card is different because it does not have works properly for me with this below kexts:
 - AirportBrcmFixup.kext

- BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext

- BrcmPatchRAM3.kext

After deleting all this kexts my WiFi/Bt card works natively.

1st problem is when I start PC. I have the "STOP" sign ("first_boot_issue_" screenshot) on the display instead Apple Logo and after reset button OS works as normal. I don't Understand what's I'm do wrong.

2nd problem is have an error when try to Clover update ("clover_update_issue_" screenshot). I tried to disable Gatekeeper via Hackintool ("gate_keeper_" screenshot) but error still have in place.

3rd problem come with sleep mode. I have no sleep settings in Energy Saver for PC only for display off time ("sleep_settings_" screenshot). But if I put my OS manually to sleep after wake up have freeze screen and working only mouse via USB connection. After some time it have reboot automatically and I have the error/ info in next OS loading ("after_sleep_" screenshot).

P.S. sorry for my English this is not my first language.

first_boot_issue_

first_boot_issue_.jpg

clover_update_issue_

clover_update_issue_.jpg

gate_keeper_

gate_keeper_.jpg

after_sleep_

after_sleep_.jpg

sleep_settings_

sleep_settings_.jpg

UPD

If after sleep run Google Chrome whole system just freezing and waiting some time reboot it self. After reboot have a "Problem Report" window and error-info "after_sleep_" screenshot.

report.png

Edited by velopitex

4 hours ago, gino8080 said:

Hello @larabee mine is an "old" Zotac 1080 , I paid about 1200€  i suppose about 1 year ago 

Btw i'm getting serious instability problems using both cards :cry:

I mean, I disabled the secondary PCI using the ssdt from the good @tasc

BUT my system got a lot of problems:

• on OSX , no secondary card is visible from system, so ssdt seems working good, BUT my osx randomly reboots without any apparent reason!!  sometimes on the new boot I lost usb or bluetooth dongle..
  • on WINDOWS I got lots of problem with drivers, and games, maybe the old AMD drivers was causing problems
    so i uninstalled completely and also disabled the card (now is listed in device manager as generic display something..)
    I got a lot of crashes while playing games, so i disabled also the xbox bar overlay , and also the secondary monitor and seems going better, but I need to test more
  • Now I phisically removed the secondary GTX card and OSX seems Stable as before

Could be a problem with energy / wattage / power consumption? my power supply is a Cooler Master v100 so i suppose should be sufficent

Or maybe is a Temperature problem? the 2 gpu are really big, and my case is so small, maybe the Gpus or the mobo become too hot?

Sorry for my Maccaroni english  hope I explained my problems :)

First thing to do: double check temperature in windows while gaming. Run stress test of the card to see if there's any issue with it.

Second thing to do:  If in OSX, there's no second card detected then you're good to go in terms of SSDT. The second PCI-16 slot is disabled. You can try remove the SSDT and run clover boot flag: nv_disable=1 to see if you still lost USB

Third thing to try: In windows: Do a Clean installation of driver and remove all AMD related. Remove Geforce experience if installed. It's a coolermaster V1000 , so wattage is not an issue but if it's too old then capacitor aging may reduce the efficiency and make the PSU unstable while under high load. 

4th thing to try: Remove the AMD card, put Geforce card in slot #1 and try it in windows to see if your games still crashes. 

And don't sorry about your english, English is my secondary language too. Learning is a part of life my friend. 

4 hours ago, velopitex said:

Thank you! You save my life!!!

Can anybody help me with some issue please?

I have the almost the same build as author. My GPU is different (RX 5700XT Nitro+) and maybe my PCI-E WiFi/Bt card is different because it does not have works properly for me with this below kexts:
 - AirportBrcmFixup.kext

- BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext

- BrcmPatchRAM3.kext

After deleting all this kexts my WiFi/Bt card works natively.

1st problem is when I start PC. I have the "STOP" sign ("first_boot_issue_" screenshot) on the display instead Apple Logo and after reset button OS works as normal. I don't Understand what's I'm do wrong.

2nd problem is have an error when try to Clover update ("clover_update_issue_" screenshot). I tried to disable Gatekeeper via Hackintool ("gate_keeper_" screenshot) but error still have in place.

3rd problem come with sleep mode. I have no sleep settings in Energy Saver for PC only for display off time ("sleep_settings_" screenshot). But if I put my OS manually to sleep after wake up have freeze screen and working only mouse via USB connection. After some time it have reboot automatically and I have the error/ info in next OS loading ("after_sleep_" screenshot).

P.S. sorry for my English this is not my first language.

first_boot_issue_

I have the exact same wifi card , I only use AirportBrcmFixup.kext and remove the rest. 

About clover update, did you install it to the right drive? 

With 5700XT, I still have some problems with sleep

Your english is really good, брат. 

Edited by larabee

3 hours ago, larabee said:

I have the exact same wifi card , I only use AirportBrcmFixup.kext and remove the rest. 

About clover update, did you install it to the right drive? 

With 5700XT, I still have some problems with sleep

Your english is really good, брат. 

Yes I chose the right destination for clover updates but still have an error. For now using USB for clover updating and than copy files from USB to EFI.

And i have another issue, my pc turns on automatically after shut down macOS.

P.S. also using the second method with OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi and iMac19.1 smbios and now in my system i see intel UHD630 igpu.

Thanks, брат.

2 hours ago, velopitex said:

Yes I chose the right destination for clover updates but still have an error. For now using USB for clover updating and than copy files from USB to EFI.

P.S. also using the second method with OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi and iMac19.1 smbios and now in my system i see intel UHD630 igpu.

Thanks, брат.

Saw your message but I will reply here for everyone too. Looks like a lot of people are asking the same questions. 

You don't really need to update clover to the latest version if the current one is working just fine. I'm running v5097 at this moment.

Radeon 5700XT does work but it's not perfect at this moment. Apple optimized everything for the 5500M first but 5700XT is not the 5500M, so expect instability.  

I'm currently running SMBIOS iMac Pro 1.1 with iGPU disabled. Everything works perfectly fine except for Sidecar. 

If you get random kernel panic at boot, that means some nvram doesn't get clear up. You can do a simple restart and it should work. If this continues, try OsxAptioFix2Drv -free2000 with iMac Pro SMBIOS too :) 

2 hours ago, velopitex said:

Thanks, брат.

Are you using the correct DSDT for your GPU?

download thet DSDT (vega navi) from the guide and try again.

also if your going to use OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi then make sure your using EmuVariableUefi.efi and install clover RC Scripts.

Edited by AudioGod

2 minutes ago, larabee said:

Saw your message but I will reply here for everyone too. Looks like a lot of people are asking the same questions. 

You don't really need to update clover to the latest version if the current one is working just fine. I'm running v5097 at this moment.

Radeon 5700XT does work but it's not perfect at this moment. Apple optimized everything for the 5500M first but 5700XT is not the 5500M, so expect instability.  

I'm currently running SMBIOS iMac Pro 1.1 with iGPU disabled. Everything works perfectly fine except for Sidecar. 

If you get random kernel panic at boot, that means some nvram doesn't get clear up. You can do a simple restart and it should work. If this continues, try OsxAptioFix2Drv -free2000 with iMac Pro SMBIOS too :) 

Thanks for reply!

I switched back to iMac Pro 1.1 now (to try to fix sleep issue) I'll try to use OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 with it. My main issue now is full freezing after sleep. I see login field but all GUI is stuck as keyboard (magic keyboard 2) and mouse (Magic Mouse 2) my second USB mouse don't work too. Only reset button to help for this. For now I think the best way for me to constantly turn off sleep in Energy Saver settings. Until I can find any solution. 

P.S. Can anyone give a suggestion to how I can change SMBIOS without lost my registered license for soft and apps like Adobe, Waves Audio Plugins, iLok etc. I lost my registered licenses in all-time when SMBIOS changing.

3 hours ago, velopitex said:

P.S. Can anyone give a suggestion to how I can change SMBIOS without lost my registered license for soft and apps like Adobe, Waves Audio Plugins, iLok etc. I lost my registered licenses in all-time when SMBIOS changing.

macOS will save preferences based on your SMBIOS config. So if you are switching between different ones (iMac vs iMacPro) make sure you save those settings somewhere (serial number, etc) so you can switch back and forth without creating multiple profiles. You'll have to configure each one independently the first time, but once you do that you should be good to go I think. Also remember to logout of iCloud and Messages before switching your SMBIOS config.

You can see what host profiles your computer has saved against by looking in:

~/Library/Preferences/ByHost/

26 minutes ago, tasc said:

macOS will save preferences based on your SMBIOS config. So if you are switching between different ones (iMac vs iMacPro) make sure you save those settings somewhere (serial number, etc) so you can switch back and forth without creating multiple profiles. You'll have to configure each one independently the first time, but once you do that you should be good to go I think. Also remember to logout of iCloud and Messages before switching your SMBIOS config.

@velopitex Save your serial numbers, boards ID etc etc in your SMBIOS and also RTVariables. 

and as @tasc said, Log out of Adobe and icloud before switch SMBIOS. With adobe, it will glitch out the first time you switch SMBIOS if you dont logout. 

Hi,

Can someone share the updated EFI folder of their working builds for macOS Catalina I have the same configs just that I don't have any dedicated GPU and wanted to use the built-in Intel Graphics. I don't have much knowledge, It would really very helpful if someone can share their EFI with Intel Graphics working and with BIOS F11.

Motherboard: GB Z390 AORUS Pro

CPU: Intel I7 9700K

SSD: Samsung Evo 860 M.2 256GB SSD

RAM: 8GBx2 Corsair Vengence 3200

Dedicated GPU: NO

Thanks a lot.

25 minutes ago, WasteDolphine said:

Hi,

Can someone share the updated EFI folder of their working builds for macOS Catalina I have the same configs just that I don't have any dedicated GPU and wanted to use the built-in Intel Graphics. I don't have much knowledge, It would really very helpful if someone can share their EFI with Intel Graphics working and with BIOS F11.

Thanks a lot.

Hi,

My EFI and DSDT’s On this guide are not designed to work with just the igpu unfortunately, You would need to patch Clover to run just the igpu (you can do that using Hackintool) but the dsdt would be wrong. I’m not sure if it would still work or not saying that.

Best thing you can do is speak to the guru @MaLd0n and request a new DSDT and EFI from this link .

To Create Your Own Patched DSDT Message @MaLd0n using the link bellow

https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1131 

23 hours ago, AudioGod said:

Are you using the correct DSDT for your GPU?

download thet DSDT (vega navi) from the guide and try again.

also if your going to use OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi then make sure your using EmuVariableUefi.efi and install clover RC Scripts.

Yes, using right DSDT (Vega navi) also I have random system reboot, maybe issue with 5700XT Nitro+ now in 10.15.1 idk.

I'll go to try with OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efI again, thanks for info.

Have you tried running the Chrome after sleep, any issue with freezing?

19 hours ago, tasc said:

19 hours ago, larabee said:

@velopitex Save your serial numbers, boards ID etc etc in your SMBIOS and also RTVariables. 

and as @tasc said, Log out of Adobe and icloud before switch SMBIOS. With adobe, it will glitch out the first time you switch SMBIOS if you dont logout. 

Thanks friends! I'll try it :) 

8 hours ago, WasteDolphine said:

Hi,

Thanks a lot.

Hey!

I think I can try to help you. Because when I go to update from Mojave to Catalina with unplugged GPU using UHD630 and have a works (but not tested). But I have 9900k.

Can anybody help me please. How to share right my EFI without SN and some important ID with other peopleы to protect myself?

• Thanks 1

On 11/19/2019 at 12:49 AM, AudioGod said:

no pal, don't over install clover onto your ssd you don't need to.

the EFI partition will already be there as macOS needs it regardless of clover so it's created at the Catalina install process.

again just take my EFI as is with no changes other then your details and put it into the EFI Partition of your ssd and reboot and your done.

Try It :thumbsup_anim:

yes to RC Sprits when you update it, il send you a short video that glasgood did showing the update/install process.

So, I finally found some time for trying to get the hack working. 

I updated clover, updated the drivers, updated kexts. Launched the update, after the reboot I see a part of grey background, so it looks like it's actually loading correctly, but I have MAJOR gpu artifacts (80% of the screen covered in green/magenta lines), can't do anything :( 

I guess I did something wrong again, I'll need to do another fresh install. I'm quite depressed about this situation, it's my first hackintosh and I knew it wouldn't have been a foolproof process, but I have been struggling with this for way too long now (first attempts in September with iGPU, I wanted to get it working with iGPU and then add the gpu). It's been two months, I got the gpu in the meantime and I'm still stuck with 7mb gpu and artifacts :(

Edited by On1ric

9 hours ago, velopitex said:

Hey!

I think I can try to help you. Because when I go to update from Mojave to Catalina with unplugged GPU using UHD630 and have a works (but not tested). But I have 9900k.

Can anybody help me please. How to share right my EFI without SN and some important ID with other peopleы to protect myself?

Hi,

Thanks for replying, You can dm me the EFI folder, Rest assure that your identity will be intact. You can also just edit the serial numbers and all from the clover configurator or with just a note editor in config.plist. Just put ### in place of your IDs.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks a ton.

6 hours ago, WasteDolphine said:

Hi,

Thanks for replying, You can dm me the EFI folder, Rest assure that your identity will be intact. You can also just edit the serial numbers and all from the clover configurator or with just a note editor in config.plist. Just put ### in place of your IDs.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks a ton.

Just to finished clean install with attached EFI and works fine as I see but I have not tested, only sleeps and it works for me (see screenshots please)

EFI Catalina UHD630 (SMBIOS iMac 19.1): http://bit.ly/2KLEPQs

uhd630_catalina_01.jpg

uhd630_catalina_02.jpg

Edited by velopitex
  • Thanks 1