AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
5,860 posts in this topic

[mention=2522301]hungrywallet[/mention] has the same card with the same issues but He is now successfully up and running under 19,1 and 1,1 so there’s a little more to the story then it just being the gpu. I think it’s more to do with Catalina 15.1 or WEG as there’s to many users with the problem coming from all sorts or angles about it and that’s including non hack users too. It’s a very odd problem indeed 
What did I miss ?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Just posting some more followup information if it helps anyone else debug. I found another thread where someone with a similar build has this same DRM issue working fine with Vega 56 and 7000 series Radeon, but when he puts his RX560 in, he gets the same problems we are seeing. So only difference in his scenario is the different card which causes the issues.

Everything else seems to be working fine, so I'll just wait and see if any solutions come up in the future. Maybe a new whatevergreen build will address this, etc.

Thanks!

23 minutes ago, tasc said:

Just posting some more followup information if it helps anyone else debug. I found another thread where someone with a similar build has this same DRM issue working fine with Vega 56 and 7000 series Radeon, but when he puts his RX560 in, he gets the same problems we are seeing. So only difference in his scenario is the different card which causes the issues.

Everything else seems to be working fine, so I'll just wait and see if any solutions come up in the future. Maybe a new whatevergreen build will address this, etc.

Thanks!

I remember this is a problem long time ago with previous build too ( i think back to the day of 10.13.4 when Shiki hasn’t been updated and people are crying to get drm working on safari. 
for now, the safest bet is to disable igpu and use pro smbios.

Hi, trying to install on i5 9600k + 5700xt nitro+. After flashing the new bios all seems ok. When applying your bios settings my other ssd (windows) disappears from the boot options. Also, I noticed that during the installation first screen, the mouse works but the kb does not, installing anyway, not sure if it will get fixed once it's installed. Btw, when installing the updated clover to the usb I only installed the drivers that were in your uefi drivers folder, is it correct? In my previous installation I had quite a few more of those. Last question, when installing clover to the usb should I tick rc scripts? I think I didn't 

Thanks in advance!

On 11/17/2019 at 10:55 AM, On1ric said:

Ok, I had to turn on CSM support, now the bios also sees my other disks. The keyboard works. I haven't installed clover on the ssd yet, I'd prefer to have a confirmation about whether I should install rc scripts or not, first :)

Use my EFI from this guide with nothing added and no changes other then your new details. 
everything is already setup and ready Togo for you so just copy it into your SSD EFI partition with your details filled in, restart and your done. :) 

if you need to have CSM enabled to see your windows drive then that means windows isn’t booted as a UEFI drive and I would strongly recommend rebooting or converting the drive so you can run it with CSM Disabled.

Edited by AudioGod

Ok, I'll go back to csm disabled and I'll see how to fix windows, it's odd as I was sure the usb I created to install Windows was gpt, I guess I {censored}ed up something during the install?

Anyway, before putting your EFI folder in my ssd I have to install clover in it (creating an EFI partition). When installing clover, it asks me to choose the drivers (maybe that's not important as I will overwrite those with yours), but what about rc scripts? Should I let it install them or not? Also, what do you mean by "my new details"? Thank you for your help

• Confused 1

51 minutes ago, On1ric said:

Ok, I'll go back to csm disabled and I'll see how to fix windows, it's odd as I was sure the usb I created to install Windows was gpt, I guess I {censored}ed up something during the install?

Anyway, before putting your EFI folder in my ssd I have to install clover in it (creating an EFI partition). When installing clover, it asks me to choose the drivers (maybe that's not important as I will overwrite those with yours), but what about rc scripts? Should I let it install them or not? Also, what do you mean by "my new details"? Thank you for your help

no pal, don't over install clover onto your ssd you don't need to.

the EFI partition will already be there as macOS needs it regardless of clover so it's created at the Catalina install process.

again just take my EFI as is with no changes other then your details and put it into the EFI Partition of your ssd and reboot and your done.

Try It :thumbsup_anim:

yes to RC Sprits when you update it, il send you a short video that glasgood did showing the update/install process.

Edited by AudioGod

Ok, got it! Actually, I'll have to update though, as I need the newer version for the 5700xt support. My first installation was actually made using glasgood's guide, but I {censored}ed up something during the update (I couldn't find the updated versions of some of his kexts which couldn't be updated directly through clover) and both mouse and keyboard didn't work after the update, so I couldn't even write my password to get in :/

18 minutes ago, On1ric said:

Ok, got it! Actually, I'll have to update though, as I need the newer version for the 5700xt support. My first installation was actually made using glasgood's guide, but I {censored}ed up something during the update (I couldn't find the updated versions of some of his kexts which couldn't be updated directly through clover) and both mouse and keyboard didn't work after the update, so I couldn't even write my password to get in :/

Ops, to get it right first you have to get it wrong.  :ph34r:

@larabee WEG 1.3.5 fixes DRM problems with Catalina so people should be happy again as soon as it comes out... :hysterical: :hysterical:

WhateverGreen Changelog

v1.3.5

• Dropped legacy boot arguments (-shikigva, -shikifps)
  • Fixed handling agdpmod GPU property (in IGPUs and in conjunction with boot-arg)
  • Added -wegtree boot argument to force device renaming
  • Fixed FairPlay DRM playback patches on 10.15
  • Added shikigva and shiki-id aliases in IORegistry

Edited by AudioGod

5 minutes ago, larabee said:

Uhh... DRM gate. Damn it. I want my AppleTV+ NOW!. haha. It's good that shikigva boot flag is retired. 

Yes for sure,

Ive got the dev build of 1.3.5 and il give it a bash on my test bench tomorrow and see if a rx580 and 19,1 with 1.3.5 end DRM Gate for once and for all and il report back for the result.

Edited by AudioGod

21 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Yes for sure,

Ive got the dev build of 1.3.5 and il give it a bash on my test bench tomorrow and see if a rx580 and 19,1 with 1.3.5 end DRM Gate for once and for all and il report back for the result.

That means we have the perfect build once again... :D

36 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Yes for sure,

Test it with imacPro1,1 - that's where the big problem is as the machine completely freezes and you have to do a hard reboot! At least with 19,1 you get an error message and the machine stays up. I'm sticking with imacPro1,1 for now, performance seems better.

Hello guys, please I need your help, 

TLDR THE PLAN IS:

I want to add my 1080GTX as secondary gpu, and use ONLY for WINDOWS (disabling in osx)

So this is my actual situation:

OS: 15.15 (19A602) Mobo: Z390 AORUS PRO (BIOS F10)  I suppose I can stay on F10 if I don't have problem right??

CPU:   I7-9700 K  

GFX: MSI Radeon RX Vega 56 Air Boost (on Primary 16X PCI) IGPU: DISABLED  

Everything Seems working good (also solved the "sometimes Pink screens" when awaking from sleep) forcing both monitors in RGB mode using the patch-edid.rb (followed this tutorial if can help someone)

NOW THE QUESTIONS:

How Can I add my Nvidia 1080 GTX for using ONLY with WINDOWS partition ?

Can I just add to the secondary (or is better primary) PCI express slot ?

How to DISABLE it in the OSX boot (I mean with some clover config, or some DSDT magic strings :whistle: I'm not good with that stuff :cry:) ?? 

(I don't want to use bios to disable)

Eventually I'll use some HDMI hardware switch to change input to monitor when switching OS

Please can someone help me?

thank youuu!

1 hour ago, gino8080 said:

Hello guys, please I need your help, 

TLDR THE PLAN IS:

I want to add my 1080GTX as secondary gpu, and use ONLY for WINDOWS (disabling in osx)

So this is my actual situation:

OS: 15.15 (19A602) Mobo: Z390 AORUS PRO (BIOS F10)  I suppose I can stay on F10 if I don't have problem right??

CPU:   I7-9700 K  

GFX: MSI Radeon RX Vega 56 Air Boost (on Primary 16X PCI) IGPU: DISABLED  

Everything Seems working good (also solved the "sometimes Pink screens" when awaking from sleep) forcing both monitors in RGB mode using the patch-edid.rb (followed this tutorial if can help someone)

NOW THE QUESTIONS:

How Can I add my Nvidia 1080 GTX for using ONLY with WINDOWS partition ?

Can I just add to the secondary (or is better primary) PCI express slot ?

How to DISABLE it in the OSX boot (I mean with some clover config, or some DSDT magic strings :whistle: I'm not good with that stuff :cry:) ?? 

(I don't want to use bios to disable)

Eventually I'll use some HDMI hardware switch to change input to monitor when switching OS

Please can someone help me?

thank youuu!

I do the same thing. Put your nVidia card in your PCI slot 2, and add this SSDT to your ACPI/patched folder (where the DSDT.aml is). This will prevent the nVidia card from showing up on your macOS side.

SSDT-Z390-Disable-Slot-2-GPU.aml

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, tasc said:

I do the same thing. Put your nVidia card in your PCI slot 2, and add this SSDT to your ACPI/patched folder (where the DSDT.aml is). This will prevent the nVidia card from showing up on your macOS side.

SSDT-Z390-Disable-Slot-2-GPU.aml

Wow great that was fast!!

But I already had another SSDT (SSDT-6-A M I.aml) in that folder, is that a problem? 

this is my actual EFI folder

515497107_Screenshot2019-11-19at14_21_23.png.8dd390c6634f0beb2011e56941b04115.png

thank you!!

4 minutes ago, gino8080 said:

Wow great that was fast!!

But I already had another SSDT (SSDT-6-A M I.aml) in that folder, is that a problem? 

this is my actual EFI folder

515497107_Screenshot2019-11-19at14_21_23.png.8dd390c6634f0beb2011e56941b04115.png

thank you!!

No that’s fine, you need ssdt-6-AM for usb 

add airportfixup.kext to your kext folder. Streams and gaming will run better with it in

Edited by AudioGod

4 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

No that’s fine, you ssdt-6-AM for usb 

Thank you @AudioGod and @tasc !

so I'll try putting my card and placing this SSDT there

Is there also a way to disable in Windows the Radeon card? 

Or it's not a problem keeping both active in Windows?

thank you!! :)

Edited by gino8080
typo

2 minutes ago, gino8080 said:

Thank you @AudioGod and @tasc !

so I'll try putting my card and placing this DSDT there

Is there also a way to disable in Windows the Radeon card? 

Or it's not a problem keeping both active in Windows?

thank you!! :)

In windows just go into device manager and right click on the gpu you want to disable and select disable.

Edited by AudioGod
  • Thanks 1