AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
5,857 posts in this topic

Hey guys, as I mentioned before, I have some issues with external USB drives, it seems that the issue happens only on NTFS drives, which led me to question, which NTFS solution do you use? So far I'm using Tuxera NTFS, I wonder if Paragon NTFS is better or could you suggest me another NTFS solution that will allow me to read/write and format NTFS drives.

Thanks a lot!

16 hours ago, panosru said:

Hey guys, as I mentioned before, I have some issues with external USB drives, it seems that the issue happens only on NTFS drives, which led me to question, which NTFS solution do you use? So far I'm using Tuxera NTFS, I wonder if Paragon NTFS is better or could you suggest me another NTFS solution that will allow me to read/write and format NTFS drives.

Thanks a lot!

Use exFAT instead, works on Windows and macOS and many other systems quite good. 

21 hours ago, panosru said:

Thanks a lot!

It's a pain to pay for Paragon on macOS, especially since their solution is soon to be rolled into the Linux kernel. But in my limited experience switching back & forth between all three OSes (Win10, macOS & Linux) with the same drives (both an internal SATA & an external USB), it has been the most stable (mostly for backups in the two non-APFS systems, though also sharing files between all three OSes). That's not to say Paragon doesn't EVER hang & create an error I have to take back to the Disk Management app in Win10 to scan & repair, but a lot fewer "unrecoverable" errors, anecdotally, seem to come from Paragon.

Just my experience, YMMV.

Edited by juan e. jot
add USB/SATA info, clarify breadth of sharing access
  • Like 1

@juan e. jot thanks! I'll give it a try tomorrow! I hope it will work.

UPDATE:

It seems that Paragon NTFS has the best performance out of any other app that I tried, I will stick with it for now and if it continue working fine, I will grab a licence :) Thanks a lot @juan e. jot for the suggestion!

Edited by panosru

16 hours ago, panosru said:

@Blesh, agree, but most of the times I'm not controlling the format of the disk, I might get a flash disk from a friend and 99,99% of the times they are NTFS :D

I also have such friends 😂. I forced them to use exFAT 😈

• Haha 1

After i used EFI 19.1 with the latest opencore version my monitor doesn’t  recieve any signal after the load of osx

this monitor is connected with display port, after this version it worked perfectly. It Works fine with hdmi connection but i need to use dvi instead.

Any idea?

Edited by kernel_void

On 10/6/2021 at 4:03 AM, AudioGod said:

FFS, This is why I didn’t want to carry on supporting these Threads, I can’t do stuff blind and then get a half arsed test when I ask somebody to check it all out for me only to get bare complaints and moody comments in my inbox after and for anybody else thinking of sending me PM about it being rude then hold you thoughts and don’t PM me unless you know me or have my approval first.

Anyway its fixed now and also Sod That for a laugh! LoL

I said this a while ago, at this point in the development of OpenCore and given your base EFI has worked beautifully over the years, it is way past time for people to build their own EFI using what you have provided and update OC on their own. You can't be expected to update forever. And besides, every set up is different. I have always used your EFI as a base but have updated my own EFI because I have many customization for my own system.

That is not to say that this forum is not helpful, it absolutely is. But you need to update your own EFI to suit your system.

Edited by pkdesign
  • Like 1

Hey guys, I'm preparing the switch from Clover to OC (at last).

In clover I used CPU type 0x0705 to make macOS show the i9700k CPU.

Should I add this again to Generic -> ProcessorType or leave it to 0 (auto)?

EDIT 1:

I just tried to install but I ran into some issues.

First i couldnt update Bios to F12k. it freezes everytime I start the update procedure.

But I was able to update to F13L. Is that ok too?

When I tried to install Big Sur it froze around 16 mins left.

Tried 3 or 4 times... 

Any ideas?

Bios settings are the same as mentioned in the first post.

hard drive is a Samsung 970 evo plus

EDIT 2:

Installation froze because of the SSD. Found out that it was still on the first, faulty firmware.

After updating to v2 everything worked perfectly.

Again: Thanks a thousand times to @audiogod for making this so much fun

EDIT 3:

Now since I have Big Sur running on my test disk. what would you recommend?

Installing it again on my old (bigger) SSD or using CCC to clone it? 

Edited by Cipha

On 10/14/2021 at 11:58 AM, Cipha said:

Hey guys, I'm preparing the switch from Clover to OC (at last).

In clover I used CPU type 0x0705 to make macOS show the i9700k CPU.

Should I add this again to Generic -> ProcessorType or leave it to 0 (auto)?

EDIT 1:

I just tried to install but I ran into some issues.

First i couldnt update Bios to F12k. it freezes everytime I start the update procedure.

But I was able to update to F13L. Is that ok too?

When I tried to install Big Sur it froze around 16 mins left.

Tried 3 or 4 times... 

Any ideas?

Bios settings are the same as mentioned in the first post.

hard drive is a Samsung 970 evo plus

EDIT 2:

Installation froze because of the SSD. Found out that it was still on the first, faulty firmware.

After updating to v2 everything worked perfectly.

Again: Thanks a thousand times to @audiogod for making this so much fun

EDIT 3:

I’ve not used CCC, but the install process is so simple I can’t see a reason not to, also good practice as you’ll possibly end up doing it again.

using the install USB you previously used with your working EFI just start again, should be painless as no settings need changing. 

On 10/13/2021 at 3:58 PM, Cipha said:

If you only installed the Big Sur on the test disc and nothing else, you won't save much or any time using CCC. Plus, CCC can't clone the partition that has Oc on it, so you would have to install Oc again.

Thanks for your input. I'm going to reinstall then.

I installed a few apps already but I can use timemachine to restore them anyway.

I just realized some USB ports on the back aren't working. I had the same issue with clover and used hackintool to create my own map.

Is there any way to transfer the mapping from clover to opencore or do I have to map them from scratch?

Edited by Cipha

11 hours ago, Cipha said:

Thanks for your input. I'm going to reinstall then.

I installed a few apps already but I can use timemachine to restore them anyway.

I just realized some USB ports on the back aren't working. I had the same issue with clover and used hackintool to create my own map.

Is there any way to transfer the mapping from clover to opencore or do I have to map them from scratch?

You can use your working UsbMap.kext if you have one, the one provided by AudioGod here or create a new one in hackingtool :) 

30 minutes ago, rob1980 said:

Has anybody replaced the Intel CNVI wifi / bluetooth with a BCM94360NG?

If so, what parts did you purchase?

Thanks

I have in my X570-E and it works a charm.

All you need is the card and nothing else. to do the swap is easy just remove the IO shroud, Remove the Intel WLAN card from the board then remove it from its housing and replace it with the BCM94360NG,  Put it all back together and away you go.

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

I have in my X570-E and it works a charm.

All you need is the card and nothing else. to do the swap is easy just remove the IO shroud, Remove the Intel WLAN card from the board then remove it from its housing and replace it with the BCM94360NG,  Put it all back together and away you go.

Ive read  that the CNVI on this board is locked and will only accept intel or something? ( I could be completely off here) I'm hoping Im wrong and the card will work without issue..

Just now, rob1980 said:

Ive read  that the CNVI on this board is locked and will only accept intel or something? ( I could be completely off here) I'm hoping Im wrong and the card will work without issue..

I’ve never heard or come across that before, The Z390 Master worked with a BCM94360NG inside it so I don’t see why it would be any different on the pro but I guess you never know…lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

I’ve never heard or come across that before, The Z390 Master worked with a BCM94360NG inside it so I don’t see why it would be any different on the pro but I guess you never know…lol

Ah ok, we’ll I guess I’ll grab one and give it a go, cheers mate 👍

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rob1980 said:

Ah ok, we’ll I guess I’ll grab one and give it a go, cheers mate 👍

I have chosen to go down that path also, rob1980.  I think Monterey will require a "Mac" wireless/bluetooth solution to work properly.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, saCULar said:

I have chosen to go down that path also, rob1980.  I think Monterey will require a "Mac" wireless/bluetooth solution to work properly.

Mine works fine as is with a pci adaptor, I do on a very few occasions get the usb dropout which I believe is related to certain adaptors, maybe once a week. 

this solution is mainly to tidy things up and as a bonus hopefully stop the usb crash by not using that for Bluetooth.

I’ll report back once it’s all installed 

• Like 2

Hey guys, I'm struggling with creating the usb mapping.

I added usbinjectall.kext and activated the port limit patch. So far so good.

The problem is neither USBMap nor Hackintool recognizing any of my usb 2.0 devices on the front USB ports.

USB 3.0 is detected fine. 

The 2.0 devices are showing up in macOS anyway, they are just not recognized / highlighted in the tools.

Any ideas how to fix that?

EDIT:

There also the lower USB 3.0 Ports (SS7, SS8 ?) not recognized.

Could there be any other setting blocking usbinjectall ?

EDIT 2: Solution:

I didn't delete SSDT-EC.USBXaml 

All the guides online don't assume you start with somebody else's EFI and don't mention this step.

After exporting my mapping from Hackintool, seeing all the generated files it was clear.

Now everything works like a charm.

:) 

Edited by Cipha

Another way ( but not click and go  ) is not using any USBPorts kext etc for mapping anymore.

I modified SSDT-6 from ACPI to enable / disable and description of ports for use or not by OpenCore ( max 15 are enabled for "Darwin" )

OC ACPI -> delete orig SSDT-6  

OC ACPI -> add modified  SSDT-6

"usbinjectall" or other port-mapping tools and kext's are obsolete .

btw: dump ACPI via IASL to find HSXX and SSXX port definitions in SSDT-6 on z390pro .

Edited by texem
  • Like 2