AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
5,862 posts in this topic

Hello Can I use this EFI and OpenCore 0.6.5 of this update in Mojave 10.14.6 with the same computer, formatting and installing? I don't understand much, but I can copy and paste and change MLB, SystemSerialNumber and SistemUUID and delete boot-args=agdpmod=pikera  I'm right? Or do I have to change some more parameters? Thank you

IntelCore i9 9900k

Aorus Pro z390 F12K

Sapphire Radeon rx580 8GB

Corsair Vengeance lpx 3200

Edited by RichardCk

8 minutes ago, RichardCk said:

Hello Can I use this EFI and OpenCore 0.6.5 of this update in Mojave 10.14.6 with the same computer, formatting and installing? I don't understand much, but I can copy and paste and change MLB, SystemSerialNumber and SistemUUID and delete boot-args=agdpmod=pikera  I'm right? Or do I have to change some more parameters? Thank you

IntelCore i9 9900k

Aorus Pro z390 F12K

Sapphire Radeon rx580 8GB

Corsair Vengeance lpx 3200

Yes you can use Mojave no problems there and yes you got it with the changes needed to the config.plist.

also one other thing to change is put your Mac address where the rom field is and don’t forget to remove the : between the digits. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blesh said:

@AudioGod In order to disable SIP (temporarily) I have to change the "csr-active-config" argument from "<67000000>" to "FF0F0000" right??

But what does "67000000" mean, did you set this? (I mean your config.plist)

Good spot bro,

They are the old config settings that used togo

00000000 - SIP completely enabled
30000000 - Allow unsigned kexts and writing to protected system file locations
67000000 - SIP completely disabled

FF0F0000 is correct for sip to be disabled.

it will be defaulting to sip enabled with it set to 67 as it will bypass it.

il correct that one, Thank you bud :thumbsup_anim:

5 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Good spot bro,

They are the old config settings that used togo

00000000 - SIP completely enabled
30000000 - Allow unsigned kexts and writing to protected system file locations
67000000 - SIP completely disabled

FF0F0000 is correct for sip to be disabled.

it will be defaulting to sip enabled with it set to 67 as it will bypass it.

il correct that one, Thank you bud :thumbsup_anim:

ahhhh... hehe

So I changed to FF0F0000 but "csrutil status" says that:

System Integrity Protection status: unknown (Custom Configuration).

Configuration:

Apple Internal: disabled

Kext Signing: disabled

Filesystem Protections: disabled

Debugging Restrictions: disabled

DTrace Restrictions: disabled

NVRAM Protections: disabled

BaseSystem Verification: enabled

Hello again!

My problem now is with my FENVI T919 BCM94360CD network card and my apple magic mouse and keyboard, bought in 2010, I also bought a Bluetooth extender antenna but it works just as badly, I have looked in forums, I have reinstalled the Bluetooth with alt + shift ... I don't know what else to do, could someone help me?

By the way, both work perfectly in my 2017 MBAir without any problem.

Thanks a lot!

1 hour ago, RichardCk said:

Hello again!

My problem now is with my FENVI T919 BCM94360CD network card and my apple magic mouse and keyboard, bought in 2010, I also bought a Bluetooth extender antenna but it works just as badly, I have looked in forums, I have reinstalled the Bluetooth with alt + shift ... I don't know what else to do, could someone help me?

By the way, both work perfectly in my 2017 MBAir without any problem.

Thanks a lot!

Have you tried using AirportBrcmFixup and or BrcmPatchRAM with your T919?

Im scratching my head somewhat as how can you use a T919 on a 2017 MBAir?????? 

Do you have a pcie to thunderbolt converter or does your MacBookAir have special morphing powers to grow pcie slots or something?

Joking aside and to be totally honest with you, I can not stand that stupid combo card and personally think it’s a load of rubbish so hearing story’s about it not working never ever surprise me as it’s built like a load of horse {censored}...lol....sorry but that’s how I feel about them combo cards.

Edited by AudioGod
  • Haha 2

hahaha sorry i mean i use apple mouse and keyboard without any problem on my MBA xd

I use exactly one copy of your EFI on my computer so I only have AirportBrcmFixup installed, Will I try using BrcmPatchRAM?

I bought this card because I thought it was the most compatible ... simply ... but the one you have is out of print, although I found the adapter on eBay at this link but I don't know which exact chip could be compatible...

Thanks a lot!

Edited by RichardCk

27 minutes ago, RichardCk said:

hahaha sorry i mean i use apple mouse and keyboard without any problem on my MBA xd

I use exactly one copy of your EFI on my computer so I only have AirportBrcmFixup installed, Will I try using BrcmPatchRAM?

I bought this card because I thought it was the most compatible ... simply ... but the one you have is out of print, although I found the adapter on eBay at this link but I don't know which exact chip could be compatible...

Thanks a lot!

LOL Ok I get you now buddy.

Here you go, A note from the devs about your problem 

Please pay attention

In 11 (Big Sur) class AirPortBrcm4360 has been completely removed. Using of injector kext with such class name and matched vendor-id:device-id blocks loading of original airport kext. To address this issue and keep compatibility with older systems injectors for AirPortBrcm4360 and AirPortBrcmNIC were removed from main Info.plist file. Instead, the two new kext injectors are deployed in PlugIns folder: AirPortBrcm4360_Injector.kext and AirPortBrcmNIC_Injector.kext. You have to block (or remove) AirPortBrcm4360_Injector.kext in BigSur. In OpenCore you can specify MaxKernel 19.9.9 for AirPortBrcm4360_Injector.kext. In Clover you can have two different AirportBrcmFixup.kext, but in kext folder with version name 11 AirportBrcmFixup.kext must not contain AirPortBrcm4360_Injector.kext. You don't need these injectors at all if your vendor-id:device-id is natively supported by AirPortBrcmNIC or AirPortBrcm4360 (your device-id is included into Info.plist in these kexts).

https://github.com/acidanthera/AirportBrcmFixup

• Thanks 1

I've got an odd question. I was looking at my USB ports and noticed this:

Spoiler

1366323666_ScreenShot2021-01-18at4_56_59PM.thumb.jpg.c6987c2529fc90aa2de32f5f4d224b2d.jpg

I am using @AudioGod USBPortMap. Why would something show up as HS01 and HS02 when they are plugged into the HS13 ports on the back of my computer?

Edited by pkdesign

3 hours ago, pkdesign said:

I've got an odd question. I was looking at my USB ports and noticed this:

I am using @AudioGod USBPortMap. Why would something show up as HS01 and HS02 when they are plugged into the HS13 ports on the back of my computer?

Is the device you're plugging into HS13 a USB3 device?  If so, I just observed something not exactly like this, but similar to it on my rig.  I figured out it was because I was inserting a USB3 device into a USB3 port, but I didn't have the correct associated SSxx port in my map.  I wouild recommend "starting over" with your USB port patching: change your USB kext to USBInjectAll.kext, enable your USB port limit patch and make sure no other USB kexts/patches are installed/enabled.  Then plug your device into HS13 and see what happens.  If your situation is like mine, you'll discover a SSxx port that you didn't include in your map.

Edited by tonyx86

4 hours ago, eSaF said:

@pkdesign I am not sure but maybe you have in the config.plist to push past the 15 port limit which you can or don't have to with AG's new USB port mapping.

Nope. I have XchiPortLimit set to False. Even if I didn't, how would lit get a HS01 and HS02 designation if it were not in the USBPort Map?

2 hours ago, tonyx86 said:

Is the device you're plugging into HS13 a USB3 device?  If so, I just observed something not exactly like this, but similar to it on my rig.  I figured out it was because I was inserting a USB3 device into a USB3 port, but I didn't have the correct associated SSxx port in my map.  I wouild recommend "starting over" with your USB port patching: change your USB kext to USBInjectAll.kext, enable your USB port limit patch and make sure no other USB kexts/patches are installed/enabled.  Then plug your device into HS13 and see what happens.  If your situation is like mine, you'll discover a SSxx port that you didn't include in your map.

No. It is a KVM switch, a scanner and a camera. All USB 2.0. The USBPortMap should not be wrong. I am directly using AudioGod's map which has been configured for this Mobo.

10 hours ago, pkdesign said:

I am directly using AudioGod's map which has been configured for this Mobo.

So am I, that exact same kext and files but I chose the option in the config.plist to go past the 15 port limit.

Edited by eSaF

11 hours ago, pkdesign said:

The USBPortMap should not be wrong.

Agree that the operative word is "should".  A USB port map takes 5-minutes to create.  Might be worth the experiment.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, tonyx86 said:

Agree that the operative word is "should".  A USB port map takes 5-minutes to create.  Might be worth the experiment.

I have made several USBPortMaps in the past. None of the USB maps have HS01 or HS02 configured. Yet still, these show up.

Edited by pkdesign

1 hour ago, tonyx86 said:

Remember that this is a thread For a specific board so If you map it again yourself of use mine it’s all the same if you do it right...

@pkdesign Ive not seen that before but have you done the usual stuff like clear your cache and rebuild your permissions, clear nvram etc etc?

Edited by AudioGod

1 hour ago, AudioGod said:

@pkdesign Ive not seen that before but have you done the usual stuff like clear your cache and rebuild your permissions, clear nvram etc etc?

I've cleared NVRAM and rebuilt kext cache but not rebuild permissions. I mean everything works but I think it is so odd!

Should port count be 15?

276691680_ScreenShot2021-01-19at12_59_44PM.thumb.jpg.c1f29ec3905d44b21570ee48821df717.jpg

EDIT:

I've gone back though to see what is happening. When I plug anything into the HS13 ports whether they are USB2 thumb drive or USB3 (the four USB 2 ports at the top of the mobo) Hackintool shows HS01, HS04, HS03, and HS02 turn on (in that order left to right.) HS13 is always on as "USB2.0 Hub." 

I did rebuild kext cache, permissions and cleaned NVAM.

Edited by pkdesign

On 1/19/2021 at 12:59 PM, pkdesign said:

EDIT:

I've gone back though to see what is happening. When I plug anything into the HS13 ports whether they are USB2 thumb drive or USB3 (the four USB 2 ports at the top of the mobo) Hackintool shows HS01, HS04, HS03, and HS02 turn on (in that order left to right.) HS13 is always on as "USB2.0 Hub." 

I think you've discovered that HS13 is just an internal USB 2.0 hub with downstream ports HS01, HS02, HS03 and HS04.  You can't physically insert devices into an internal hub, so what you've observed makes sense.  If that's true, then the only confusing part is that its connector name is HSxx (just cosmetic).  If desired, just give the hub a different name (e.g. HUBx).

EDIT: I haven't experienced this before, so I'm just thinking out loud... What happens if you remove HS13 from the port map?  Do HS01, HS02, HS03 and HS04 still work as before?  Does this now free up a logical port that you can use while remaining within your 15-port limit?

EDIT2: @pkdesign Recent Hackintool commits have involved USB.  It might be worth it to make sure that you are using the latest Hackintool and then to retest (just to be sure that Hackintool wasn't giving you any false readings).

Edited by tonyx86

Is it possible to boot to LastBootedVolume in OpenCore like it was in Clover?

I reinstalled my hackintosh drive with a fresh OpenCore \ BigSur and used TimeMachine to reinstall all the apps \ files and the system is working fine, then I tested the Windows drive and it's also working as before, but I noticed that on boot it defaults to Mac drive, and that is not really a problem when I'm sitting in front of the pc but when working from remote location that option was great so I'm missing that last booted option.

2 hours ago, jmcm said:

Is it possible to boot to LastBootedVolume in OpenCore like it was in Clover?

I reinstalled my hackintosh drive with a fresh OpenCore \ BigSur and used TimeMachine to reinstall all the apps \ files and the system is working fine, then I tested the Windows drive and it's also working as before, but I noticed that on boot it defaults to Mac drive, and that is not really a problem when I'm sitting in front of the pc but when working from remote location that option was great so I'm missing that last booted option.

Select the drive that you want to default at the bootpicker then press control and enter and that’s how you set it in OpenCore.

11 hours ago, AudioGod said:

Select the drive that you want to default at the bootpicker then press control and enter and that’s how you set it in OpenCore.

Ok, thanks @AudioGod, it's not the same but it's close enough, I have to remember to choose the right one at the time before leaving.