[Guide] macOS High Sierra 10.13 - Dell Optiplex 780 (760) (755) (790) (990)

MacPeet

673 posts in this topic

On 11/10/2019 at 11:00 AM, d620osx said:

Hi

I have a Optiplex 790 working well with GT710 on 10.15 only issues I have at the moment are:

AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: RTC (Alarm)

AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: P0P1

Sound, I am using a USB sound card as could not get the AppleAlc with Lilu, am I doing something wrong or should I jus stick with the usb audio as it is working?

The light for the on switch keep showing on and off when the machine is a sleep.

Any pointer on how I can try and fix the above please. My clover folder is attached.

Thank you

CLOVER.zip

I see no reason why Audio AppleALC not working for you

Try this kext on CLOVER/kexts/Other

Archive.zip

• Like 1

Sorry, please can anyone help with my machine waking up. I have noticed that it happens between 10pm to about 2am. I have check the following:

1. File sharing is off.

2. Time setting is set to manual

3. Wake on Ethernet is off

4. I have tried steering sleep under Energy Saver to sleep from 9pm.

No joy, the log has the following:

2019-11-22 01:16:19.899092+0000  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: RTC (Alarm)

2019-11-22 01:16:19.899094+0000  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: RTC (Alarm)

2019-11-22 01:26:01.718418+0000  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: RTC (Alarm)

2019-11-22 01:26:01.718420+0000  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: RTC (Alarm)

2019-11-22 01:29:21.862686+0000  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: RTC (Alarm)

2019-11-22 01:29:21.862688+0000  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: RTC (Alarm)

2019-11-22 01:37:30.677745+0000  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: RTC (Alarm)

2019-11-22 01:37:30.677747+0000  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: RTC (Alarm)

2019-11-22 01:43:58.981474+0000  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: RTC (Alarm)

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/15/2019 at 7:08 AM, chris1111 said:

I see no reason why Audio AppleALC not working for you

Try this kext on CLOVER/kexts/Other

Archive.zip

I download that and now I have sound again.

Mojave @ 10.14.5 Optiplex 780.

Very odd. Its all about the version of AppleALC and Lilu...

Thank you!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, d620osx said:
46 minutes ago, vbmota said:

I download that and now I have sound again.
Mojave @ 10.14.5 Optiplex 780.
Very odd. Its all about the version of AppleALC and Lilu...
Thank you!

Yes agree. Do you by any chance have sleep working correctly on your machine please?

No man, my machine is always on and I never use sleep.

Sleep options on hackintoshes are always hard to configure.

• Like 1

Thank you, it worked fine on my hp 8200 but on the dell it keeps waking up between 2 and 5 am. Cannot workout what the problem is.

Thank you, it worked fine on my hp 8200 but on the dell it keeps waking up between 2 and 5 am. Cannot workout what the problem is.

Hello all,

I'm starting my plan for a budget Hackintosh and instead of buying components and building one up, it looks like I can get a used 
Dell OptiPlex 980 Mini Tower | 3.20GHz Core i5 650 | 8gb DDR3 | 250gb for about $120 and a GT 710 for $40. From what I've been reading the last few days this looks like a good starting point as far a hardware compatibility and upgradability is concerned. I just want a final confirmation that this combo will work for a new Catalina install from the experts here. Thanks!

9 minutes ago, 88irocvert said:

Hello all,

I'm starting my plan for a budget Hackintosh and instead of buying components and building one up, it looks like I can get a used 
Dell OptiPlex 980 Mini Tower | 3.20GHz Core i5 650 | 8gb DDR3 | 250gb for about $120 and a GT 710 for $40. From what I've been reading the last few days this looks like a good starting point as far a hardware compatibility and upgradability is concerned. I just want a final confirmation that this combo will work for a new Catalina install from the experts here. Thanks!

I can confirm, that is a nice rig. I was using it for years since Montain Lion. Great expansibility and compatibility with GT 710. 

Hello all,
Yes, this works very well. Only problem I have is it wakes from sleep but apart from that working very well with Catalina.

Hi,

I need some help with the rollback procedure. Actually I'm trying to upgrade from El Capitan to High Sierra by a clean setup on a new SSD. 

My computer is a Optiplex 780 with the HD5450 installed which needs the rollback. I've saved the kexts from El Capitan hoping they will work, as I don't have access to a Sierra machine. 

Nevertheless my mac doesn't mount the SSD with the High Sierra installation to perform the rollback using the app EasyKextPro. Within diskutil the SSD is visible but I can't access. By the way the SSD is installed within the same computer which should be upgraded by using the old "El Capitan" installation from a different HDD. Unfortunately I don't have a USB/SATA Adapter available. 

Thanks for any help.

Hiya, 

I need your help. I'm trying to update my Optiplex 790 from 10.14.6 to 10.15.2 but the installer gets stuck, see screenshot.

I've tried many things like disabling kexts, bootflags ncpi=0x2000/0x3000, PCIRootUID=1 and also applied the SSDT-EC.aml patch - but nothing helped. 

Any ideas would be welcome 

Thanks in advance

IMG_1015.jpg

config.plist

Hiya, 
I need your help. I'm trying to update my Optiplex 790 from 10.14.6 to 10.15.2 but the installer gets stuck, see screenshot.
I've tried many things like disabling kexts, bootflags ncpi=0x2000/0x3000, PCIRootUID=1 and also applied the SSDT-EC.aml patch - but nothing helped. 
Any ideas would be welcome 

Thanks in advance
IMG_1015.thumb.jpg.4e96e58ec676656d5a913e5eb60b4568.jpg
config.plist
Hi

What GPU are you using? I had issues with hd5450 but worked fine with the 710.

4 minutes ago, Gaboro said:

Hi, 

I'm using a GT 710

In that case it should work fine. Just checked my GPU and it is a MSI one too with the 2GB DDR3.

I did a clean install and then restored as part of the start up, apart from sleep everything else is working fine. 

Do you have the option to do this with a spare drive?

1 hour ago, d620osx said:

In that case it should work fine. Just checked my GPU and it is a MSI one too with the 2GB DDR3.

I did a clean install and then restored as part of the start up, apart from sleep everything else is working fine. 

Do you have the option to do this with a spare drive?

Thanks, I've tried already to create an installation media to a usb flash drive but the same problem occurs: the installer gets stuck at the same position and does not start.

So the problem does not depend on updating the existing OS or performing a fresh install, unfortunately.

Could you post your config.plist? I might need some additional settings there...

10 minutes ago, Gaboro said:

Thanks, I've tried already to create an installation media to a usb flash drive but the same problem occurs: the installer gets stuck at the same position and does not start.

So the problem does not depend on updating the existing OS or performing a fresh install, unfortunately.

Could you post your config.plist? I might need some additional settings there...

Full clover folder is here https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/332512-guide-macos-high-sierra-1013-dell-optiplex-780-760-755-790-990/?do=findComment&comment=2696797

On 1/4/2020 at 3:41 PM, d620osx said:

Many thanks, I've tried your clover folder but get the same problem, the installer get stuck at the same place <_< I though it could be hardware problem so I replaced to graphical card by another GT710, I've tried to remove the USB3 PCI card but nothing helped... I run out of ideas what I could try...

Many thanks, I've tried your clover folder but get the same problem, the installer get stuck at the same place <_ though it could be hardware problem so i replaced to graphical card by another gt710 tried remove the usb3 pci but nothing helped... run out of ideas what try...>
Sorry, my knowledge is limited. Hopefully one of the experienced people will help.

On 1/6/2020 at 5:10 AM, Gaboro said:

Many thanks, I've tried your clover folder but get the same problem, the installer get stuck at the same place <_< I though it could be hardware problem so I replaced to graphical card by another GT710, I've tried to remove the USB3 PCI card but nothing helped... I run out of ideas what I could try...

Use this config, its adapted for Catalina and works for ancient macOS

config.plist.zip

This is strange the user does not come back after he has had what he asked for :bye:

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, cele_82 said:

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone an EFI folder they could share to install Mojave with a GT610 or an HD5450 ? Still on 10.10 here and could do with upgrading..

Thanks in advance!!

Hi

Have a look at this from chris1111:

from  

1 hour ago, d620osx said:

Hi

Have a look at this from chris1111:

from  

Thanks, I was looking if someone is running a DELL 780 with GT610 so a ready to go EFI folder would have been easier for me. I think most of the stuff probably is unchanged from 10.13 but I wanted something ready to deploy... if there is anyone running this config.

• Like 1