AppleHDA Solution - Work in progress

Taruga

4,108 posts in this topic

ALC888+ICH7

Hi, could you please tell me how to deal with alc888+ICH7 (conroe 945g-dvi)? The panel works, shows 4 output options, but no sound out at all.

How about the driver now?

I tried a lot of methods, none of them can make the Mic works.

Many thanks.

AppleHDA Patcher v1.15 * new *

v1.15 added support for more mobo´s

v1.14 stac9200 codec verbs | Should fix also sound port names on others too

example on my alc882

irc.macspeak.net #AppleHDA

How it works:

Drag and drop a linux codec dump into AppleHDA Patcher icon

Some of them, can be found here: http://psykopat.free.fr/apple/AppleHDA/

Some kernel versions may crash with AppleHDA Patcher.

If it crashes with you, upgrade your kernel.

.oO THIS IS FOR KERNEL 8.8.1 ONLY Oo.

ALC882 Sound Fix v0.4b

Was tested with an Asus P5LD2-VM

What´s working ...

- Line Out

- Microphone

- SPDIF out

- Headphones

- Keyboard Volume Control and Mute

- Line In

.oO THIS IS MADE FOR KERNEL 8.8.1 , CAN CAUSE KERNEL PANIC WITHOUT IT Oo.

Edited by bioapt

I tried this last night with my Asus P5B-Deluxe.

1.15 and 1.14 do not patch at all but 1.13 would apply the AD1988B patch. On reboot I had Basic Line-Out and Digital Line-Out as options no Inputs at all and no sound at all :gun:

Anything I can do to try and troubleshoot this myself? I am abit lost on trying to hack the codec so could use some pointers.

Okay now how do I uninstall the drivers I installed from the last Jas disk?

BTW I have an STAC7661.txt and it didnt work, I think is because I installed like ten thousand other drivers lol...

thanks in advance

Edited by noptuno

Thank you very much,

perfect for rookies like me!!

i now have a full working machine

(for me, hadnt test line-in, but i won't need it)

maybe someone should update the hardware page in osx86 wiki

Last login: Mon Mar 12 02:22:17 on ttyp1

Welcome to Darwin!

joe-75s-computer-2:~ joe75$ uname -a

Darwin joe-75s-computer-2.local 8.8.1 Darwin Kernel Version 8.8.1: Mon Mar 12 00:36:51 CET 2007; semthex:/nebukadnezar-newdawn/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386 i386 i386

Still got sound :tomato:

Hi

any news on built-in speakers/headphones problem? Other than that everything is working fine, now with my own codec dump even the digital out is recognized.

Oh one more thing, mute doesn't work. Not by mute button nor by decreasing the volume.

Have tried patchers 1.11 and 1.15 - result is the same.

Dell D620, Stac9200, 10.4.8 with 8.8.1 Semthex!!! kernel

card0.txt

I just wanted to say thanks to Targua... I have my VAIO SZ Sound working and I had given up hope of that ever being a posibility. So much so that I had switched to Vista full time. Both the internal speakers and the headphone jack works. The computer sees the internal mic, but it does not respond to input. The external mic input is only seen as an "unknown" input with no options. I used the SonyStac7661.txt dump and version 1.5 of your patcher. I also compared a dump I did in PCLinuxOS to the SonyStac7661.txt dump, and they are indeed the same. Is there any hope of getting the internal mic at least to function, if not everything? Thanks... I am willing to help in any way to figure this out that I can. Thanks in advance...

-Jason

Hi, Taruga.

I'm a newbie at this forum, however, I've been reading it for a long time. The thing is that I have searched for a solution to the audio problem that I have and I just came here because of the forum search engine. Anyway, I think your approach to the AppleHDA problem is the right one and I think you are doing a great job here.

The reason why I'm writing this post is because I have a Sigmatel 9220 audio chip (identified by ubuntu live cd as Sigmatel STAC 9221 A1) and I don't have audio out of it. I made a dump and used your patcher (version 1.15) but there is still no sound out of it, although it recognizes the capabilites of the chip (2 inputs, 1 output and 24 bits, 96 Khz).

Is my chip or motherboard supported? Right now i'm using the "blue jack output" solution, but as we all know, it's not the best thing to do when you have to unplug and plug again your speakers everytime you start Mac OS.

By the way, my motherboard is an Intel D945GCL.

Regards.

PS: Attached to this post is my codec dump from linux.

stac9221a.txt

I have Sigmatel 9200 audio (7690); I've tried the 1.15 patcher and I've tried every listed version of the sigmatel 9200 linux codec dump... I'm copying and pasting the code (in .txt form) from the link Taruga provided but all I'm getting is "detected unsupported sigmatel codec exiting..." message on every code that I've tried.

Taruga please help us, the HP laptop users with ADI 1981 codec: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry323868

Tried your app from 1.10 to 1.15 but no luck with AD1981.txt, AD1981-a.txt and even with my linux codec dump (I have perfect sound in Ubuntu). 1.14 and 1.15 doesn't work at all with neither of the dumps; from 1.10 to 1.13 the patch is applied but no sound (the card does not appear in System Preferences - Sound).

I love this OS so much, but I can't use it without sound :).

Thank you very much!

Edited by milmirosi

Ok, I have come to an impasse in trying to get my AD1981HD working.

What I have done so far

- Retreived my Codec#0 file from Unbuntu (Attatched)

- Tried AppleHDAPatcher versions 15 (Freezes) 14 (Freezes) 13 ( appears to work, text response attatched) & 11 (also appears to work with a different response than 13 (also attatched)

- I have rebooted and deleted kextcahce and rebooted again

All to no avail. I am still having the same problem, It appears that the sound is somehow being hardware muted. No Audio Device is detected in system profiler. There is a small circle with a line through it, icon below the volume bar (which doesnt go up or down when the volume is adjusted). I know from reading numerous other posts that this is a common problem with the 1981HD chipset, but I have also seen some people have gotten this working.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions I am willing to try them.

Thanks to everyone in this thread that are actively working on this problem.

codec_0.txt

Patcher_ver_11_Dump.rtf

Patcher_ver_13_Dump.rtf

Darwin joe-75s-computer-2.local 8.9.1 Darwin Kernel Version 8.9.1: Thu Mar 15 20:55:00 PST 2007; netkas: 792.18.15~1/RELEASE_I386 i386 i386

still going.... it just keeps going ...and going....and going

i cant get any sort of sound working with the new patched apple 10.4.9 kernel and this ALCinject driver. it does seem to actually inject according to boot messages and the kernel module is loaded. macosx also seems to think i have a sound card and lets me play around with controls, just no sound.

i cant get any sort of sound working with the new patched apple 10.4.9 kernel and this ALCinject driver. it does seem to actually inject according to boot messages and the kernel module is loaded. macosx also seems to think i have a sound card and lets me play around with controls, just no sound.

my sound works.. ALC883 with the 8.9.1 kernel

Still having issues getting my sound card running (sony sz340P). I've tried all versions of the HDApatcher but it crashes as soon as I drap the txt file on the icon(then enter my password). Any ideas?

Is it the HDAPatcher which crashes or do you get a Kernel Panic?

So how's the progress so far?

I tried allmost all versions, with my own codec dump from ubuntu, didn't work, the only thing i can hope for now, is that there will be out a new version soon.

Or is there already another sollution (exept azalia) for this?

And yes, i'm too lazy to read through 75 pages :lol:

I have been reading through this topic and i was just wondering how you make the codec dump in linux. I have a live CD for Ubuntu and would like to try to make a codec dump to see if i can get the sound working in OSX. Any Help Would be appreciated.

I have been reading through this topic and i was just wondering how you make the codec dump in linux. I have a live CD for Ubuntu and would like to try to make a codec dump to see if i can get the sound working in OSX. Any Help Would be appreciated.

I realize that this post has gotten extremely long and most of us are too lazy to read it all, but no one like to answer the same questions over again.

For your answer please see post #1379.