AppleHDA Solution - Work in progress

Taruga

4,108 posts in this topic

Go into the Unix shell, look through the ProcFS (/proc and subsidiaries) for a codec0 file and cat it to another file with

cat ./codec0 | /mnt/mypendrive/mycodecdump

I think?

I guess you also need to make sure the sound card is actually fully working in the unix. Otherwise, you may just get a defected codec#0 file.

Whenever I fire up AppleHDA Patcher, my computer crashes (i.e., gray overlay, and the "Your computer needs to be restarted..." message). I'm using the latest revision, but no matter what, after I click on it (or drag a file to it), it starts, requests my password, and then crashes.

Has this happened to anyone else? Solutions?

I'm running 10.4.8 with the 8.8.1 kernel.

your alc861 works?

So how's the progress so far?

I tried allmost all versions, with my own codec dump from ubuntu, didn't work, the only thing i can hope for now, is that there will be out a new version soon.

Or is there already another sollution (exept azalia) for this?

And yes, i'm too lazy to read through 75 pages ;)

Is your alc861 working? How? Mine is completely dead, never worked.

What are you using? And How did you make it to work? I'd love to have "only" two channel sound :)

And I've been watching this "work in progress" and it seems it's only progressing for some chips. :(

Asus F3Jc

Intel Pentium T5500 Core Duo -> OK

HD 100 GB -> OK

Video: Geforce Go 7300 com QE/CI -> OK

1 GB de DDR -> OK

USB 2.0 / Fireware -> OK

Bluethooth -> Dead :(

Gravação CD/DVD -> OK

Touchpad -> OK

Bateria -> OK (com patch)

Som: REALTEK ALC861 High Definition -> Dead :(

MAC OSX (JaS) 10.4.8 Kernel 8.8.1 -> OK

Whenever I fire up AppleHDA Patcher, my computer crashes (i.e., gray overlay, and the "Your computer needs to be restarted..." message). I'm using the latest revision, but no matter what, after I click on it (or drag a file to it), it starts, requests my password, and then crashes.

Yes- I have this problem with the newest Jas DVD "JaS.Mac.OS.X.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSE2.SSE3.PPF.1.Defiant.diskut", which I am testing on one partition- however V.1.14 and 1.15 of the patcher work perfectly with on earlier Jas release (Mifki kernel) which I have installed on another partition. Not sure what kernel is in that new Jas DVD but it might have something to do with it. Hopefully there's a solutioon because so far "JaS.Mac.OS.X.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSE2.SSE3.PPF.1.Defiant.diskut" has been flawless - the best DVD release yet IMHO.

:thumbsup_anim:

Edited by looper

Can Someone Help... I have an alc 880 sound card i think, i have an asus a6vm notebook and am running 10.4.8. I would like to use this patcher but my extensions folder doesn't have applehda.kext in it. I vaguely remember seeing it when i had 10.4.5. Another thing i already have sound working, i'd just like line in and out and microphone to work, any help is appreciated thank you.

sigma.txtsigma.txtHi Taruga,

I also would appreciate help please with my audio. I would like to have Mic Microphone working so I could use Skype.

Codec: SigmaTel STAC9220D/9223D A2

Address: 2

Vendor Id: 0x83847681

Subsystem Id: 0x80861113

Note that the subsys ID is different from what was previously posted.

I have used my attached dump with applehdapatcher 1.15, I get output for internal speakers OK, and digital out OK, however Input says internal speakers and my Mic does not work.

Motherboard Intel D945GBO with Jas 10.4.8 reseed Intel only Mifki kernel.

Thank you

Argh. I can't get this to work with my Bad Axe 2... I tried using the posted 9274D info but it doesn't matter whether I open the patcher with a file or without, it ends up in either a freeze or the multi-language screen of death either way.

EDIT: I fixed it myself (yes I went back and read the thread).

Now lets see if I can go back to semthex kernel... I never had any problems with it outside of this one so why stop using it?

EtherealRemnant: Can you say which posts helped you solve the 9274D sound issue? I'm working on solving the same but can't seem to find a specific one that clues me in with 10.4.8/8.8.1 on my D975XBX2. Did you patch? If so, which did you use. TIA

UPDATE: After several kext edits with no avail, I tried the patching method as described here. I was able to grab codec#2 for my D975XBX2 board using SLAX Live CD (http://www.slax.org/download.php -- quick and easy). But now I'm experiencing the same crash Mantrid describes after supplying admin password with the latest AppleHDA Patcher. I'm gonna try B612's recommendation of starting the system with the -legacy parameter, but I'm thinking it may be related to my kernel version. I used JaS's 10.4.8/8.8.1 DVD, but perhaps this does not include the latest kernel or the kernel compatible with this script (as the first post mentions). I tried updating the kernel as described the kernel related post (http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=34871), but system crashes everytime. Perhaps I'm missing something... Will look in to this further.

Q: I know this may sound stupid, but how can I determine which flavor kernel I have? Is there a command and/or utility that outputs information that would clue me as to if it's the DaemonES, Mifki, Semthex or other...? If this is somewhere on this vast forum, a pointer wold be appreciated...

Thanks!

BTW, will edit signature to include systems specs. I find reading other's specs has been quite helpful.

UPDATE: It's a beautiful thing when things work! :star_smile: I used the -legacy parameter at boot and was able to successfully patch AppleHDA using the latest version of the script and my codec. I must have not seen this mentioned earlier in this thread. In any event, I now have stereo sound!!! All is well... for now. The next thing is to see about the 10.4.9/8.9.1 update... May wait a bit for that while enjoy the new rig... :whistle:

Thanks all for your amazing abilities to get us enjoying our Hackintoshes!!! Enjoy....

PS: I know each board should be different, but here's the codec output for my D975XBX2 with the 9274D chip. Perhaps it may help others...

codec_2.txt

Try to boot your Hackintosh with the instruction

-legacy

It should work, but let me know.

I have a abit il9 pro, it is on Realtek alc883 codec, but I have a strange problem ... I have installed the appropiate drivers, I can see the speaker for siund at his place, but nothing, no sound what so ever

I have the Realtek ALC882 audio device, but as I've seen with everyone else's sounds they are using an Intel board.

I have an AMD nforce570, but the same sound device, yet the kexts I'm using from Taruga for my device aren't working.

Anyone else with ALC882 on AMD board getting it to work?

I finally managed to download the 3.71 gig JaS 10.4.8 AMD.SSE2.SSE3 ISO from January 4, 2007. I burned, and installed it, and guess what? I get a kernel panic when i run the HDA patcher v1.10. This is the type that says "you need to shut down your computer, press or hold down power button...." The kernel, Semthex's, is dated 12/10/06, is this considered too old to work with the HDA patcher? Which Semthex kernel will work with HDA patcher? The card is a Sigmatel 9200 on a Dell Dimension E310/3100. I've used various codec dumps, even one especially made for my chip. Interestingly, the DaemonES + Mifki kernels are OLDER than 12/10//06, at least the ones found here are. Where can i find newer ones? Because i tried to use DaemonES' kernel (from the above link) following the advice in post#1080 in this thread, but i could NOT even boot up; another kernel panic happens. What can i do next?

Haahahhahahahaha, damn, guys im trying to get my sigmatel 7661 working for sometime now, and i didnt know what was the kernel panic, till i reseaarch it, and always that I apply a patch to the applehdapatcher, it always gets me a kernel panic...lol, anyone has the solution?

I used 1.15 hda patche using ADI® AD1988 text and (other text too), and the audio doesn't work.

on the asus web pages, it is declared an ADI AD1988 chip soundcard, the everest recognized as Soundmax soundcard.

motherboard: asus p5b-vm

http://www.asus.com/products4.aspx?l1=3&am...amp;modelmenu=1

op: jas updated to 10.4.9

i tried too the soundmax ac97 method without success.

any idea?

Hey everybody just installed the Jas update for 10.4.9 and I didnt even have to re-apply the patch sound just worked. Now it seems to skip a certain times like when I open IChat and the first song I start to play but corrects itself after. I have a Sigmatel 9250, if you have any questions drop me a line.