AppleHDA Solution - Work in progress

Taruga

4,108 posts in this topic

Hello world ! My first post so be nice :)

Now i have working Mac OS X 10.4.8 Jas DVD (finally)

So i used every possible AppleHDA patcher for the Sigmatel STAC9200 and nothing happens

after droping of the dump file to the program is still saying

'Please drag and drop your linux codec dump into the AppleHDA Patcher icon"

tried every possible kernel ?!?!

The only strange thing i found in the Console is " Mar 7 08:28:07 localhost kernel[0]: AppleHDA.kext failed to load: unable to locate 'layout-id' property."

Oh when i load the AppleAzaliaAudio.kext i have sound icon and controls but nothing ahppens again no sound

Any help or advise ...

Taruga Thank you

Edited by synth

Hello world ! My first post so be nice :)

Now i have working Mac OS X 10.4.8 Jas DVD (finally)

So i used every possible AppleHDA patcher for the Sigmatel STAC9200 and nothing happens

after droping of the dump file to the program is still saying

'Please drag and drop your linux codec dump into the AppleHDA Patcher icon"

tried every possible kernel ?!?!

The only strange thing i found in the Console is " Mar 7 08:28:07 localhost kernel[0]: AppleHDA.kext failed to load: unable to locate 'layout-id' property."

Oh when i load the AppleAzaliaAudio.kext i have sound icon and controls but nothing ahppens again no sound

Any help or advise ...

Taruga Thank you

Don't drag the dump onto the application, drag it onto the icon while the application is unopened.

So now (gburnham) I'm wondering,

On my Inspiron 9400 (looks like very simlar hardware to yours - Sigmatel STAC9200, Broadcom LAN/WLAN), I've tried versions 1.10, 1.11, 1.14, 1.15 of the patcher and I have about 9 different dump files. I've dragged all the dump files over each one of the patcher versions and still I crash every time. What kernel and version are you using? Someone said to use Semthex sf9, but the only thing I've found is an (uncompiled) version of it on his blog. I forget how to compile, but also I'm wondering if there is a different version (DaemonES, mifki, etc.) that might be good to use, or should I be doing something else different alltogether?

Also, I'm wondering what you did to get your Broadcom LAN and WLANs working? Thanks.

Cheers!

Was tested with an Asus P5LD2-VM

What´s working ...

- Line Out

- Microphone

- SPDIF out

- Headphones

- Keyboard Volume Control and Mute

- Line In

.oO THIS IS MADE FOR KERNEL 8.8.1 , CAN CAUSE KERNEL PANIC WITHOUT IT Oo.

hello taruga,

i have a p5ld2-vm as well, but i don't think i have an optical out. i have your solution installed and sucessfully have line-in, mic-in (in the same jack) and line-out...but can i also have s-pdif out? or do i need a p5ld2-vm DH?

best,

simon

Dual, if you read the Nebuchadnezzar thread the first post tells you hot to get it.

It's too risky to post kernels in the forums, so you download them via IRC.

Get a program called Colloquy.

Connect to server:

irc.macspeak.net

Then go to chatroom:

kernel

Links for SSE2 and SSE3 kernels are at the top of the page in the menubar. These are SF9. If you get into the room and are confused, ask one of the people there, they're very friendly, especially Kiko.

Dual, if you read the Nebuchadnezzar thread the first post tells you hot to get it.

It's too risky to post kernels in the forums, so you download them via IRC.

Get a program called Colloquy.

Connect to server:

irc.macspeak.net

Then go to chatroom:

kernel

Links for SSE2 and SSE3 kernels are at the top of the page in the menubar. These are SF9. If you get into the room and are confused, ask one of the people there, they're very friendly, especially Kiko.

Heya Ferret,

Thanks for the reply. For the last couple days, the #kernel channel has had the message 'Please go to #jas.dvd or #osx86.' And the #osx86 channel only has a link for pastebin (in case you want to paste 3 lines or more of text at the same time). I've been on IRC for about a year now, and that's where I'd normally go, but as things are in a bit of, errr... 'flux' right now, I thought I'd seek out a few clues on where to look for the pre-comp'd kernel. I would not want anyone to (nor would I) post a link on the forum for something like that. Only links to legal and legitimate content should ever be posted on a public forum (for all you newcomers who may not be fully aware of that yet).

I've even Goog'd (Semthex sf9) for it, but came up with nothing tangible. This is a brand new Inspiron 9400, and in fact, I just upgraded the x1400 card to the GeForce 7900 GS (see my updated sig) to better take advantage of drivers and compatibility with current releases. In fact, I've got CI & QE running at 1440x900, which is really nice, and the only real neccessities to make this truly functional are the Sigmatel 9200 and the Broadcom LAN & WiFi (aka Dell 1390 802.11g Mini Card). I have several different threads open that I'm reading in Firefox right now:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=39253

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=34783

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=32859

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=15474

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=36976

http://code.google.com/p/iwidarwin/wiki/Installation

I'm just having some implementation issues, I figure, either because work has kept me out of the loop for a while, or because half the people in our house have been sick for so long, that my head is still a bit loopy (oh, wait, my head has always been that way... never mind :whistle: ).

My appreciation and thanks to anyone that might be able to offer some assistance. Thanks.

Yeah really helpful... No one in the kernel room even talks

and yeah dualbooter is right

there are no links

irc just confirms why i use the phone

at least when the other person is on the line

they are talking

need to find that kernel for testing

and i'd really like to not have to reinstall everything for it to work

suggestions?

thanks!

hello taruga,

i have a p5ld2-vm as well, but i don't think i have an optical out. i have your solution installed and sucessfully have line-in, mic-in (in the same jack) and line-out...but can i also have s-pdif out? or do i need a p5ld2-vm DH?

best,

simon

P5LD2-VM has an internal board connector for spdif, you need an optional bracket for it. It´s the same for P5LD2-VM DH

Semthex the other day had something posted in there about releasing a new kernel this week if all went well. The upcoming release may be the cause of the removal of the old kernels.

The JaS 10.4.8 DVD's include relatively recent Semthex kernels, so if you're not already using JaS 10.4.8 I'd move.

That would be great

I'm already using the last Jas 10.4.8

that's why I don't understand why I would need another kernel other than the 8.8.1 that came with it

Will I need to reinstall at all to use Semthex new kernel?

I'd just like to install it and restart a couple times like my MacBook lol

These P4s are a lot of work to just get some sound

but it's oh so worth it

thanks

Good news on the upcoming release Ferret,

My 10.4.8 build is the one from only a couple weeks ago (either the 14th ot the 20th) or so. I'll keep my eyes peeled for the newest one. In the meantime, if anyone out there has some ideas advice that may help me move forward on these issues, they'd be much appreciated. Thanks.

I have the dell xps1210 that I had trouble getting the 1390 card and the ethernet card going...downloaded the ethernet card fix....then I removed the wireless card....reinstalled osx....then used the ethernet fix...but did not fix permissions yet...then shut down..put the 1390 card back in....booted backup....osx detected the new airportcard....set it up...rebooted 4 times to make sure that it was still working...then went into disk utilites and repaired permissions....rebooted AGAIN....then had working wireless and working ethernet....but no sound yet...still working on that one...

Hi turk101,

That sounds like an interesting idea. I may give that a try.

I know for a fact that the system can recognize the wireless card right from the get-go, because during the JaS 10.4.8 installation, at the end when you set up your name and address etc., it shows me the three wireless LANs at my house, asks me which one I want to connect to, then puts me at the desktop (apparently from what I'm seeing, it sees it as the Airport card) like normal. I can browse the internet, connect to other computers on the LAN, totally normal. But as soon as I reboot the first time, BAM, connectivity is non-existent from there on out. I've re-installed the OS three times, looking at different options I might select to get a better result, but every time it happens the same way. I'm always open to feedback. Thanks.

Hi turk101,

That sounds like an interesting idea. I may give that a try.

I know for a fact that the system can recognize the wireless card right from the get-go, because during the JaS 10.4.8 installation, at the end when you set up your name and address etc., it shows me the three wireless LANs at my house, asks me which one I want to connect to, then puts me at the desktop (apparently from what I'm seeing, it sees it as the Airport card) like normal. I can browse the internet, connect to other computers on the LAN, totally normal. But as soon as I reboot the first time, BAM, connectivity is non-existent from there on out. I've re-installed the OS three times, looking at different options I might select to get a better result, but every time it happens the same way. I'm always open to feedback. Thanks.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=44114

Do the en0 to en1 trick, and you will work 100%.

sudo nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

14: You should See this

<key>BSD Name</key>

<string>en0</string>

<key>IOBuiltin</key>

<false/>

<key>IOInterfaceType</key>

<integer>6</integer>

<key>IOInterfaceUnit</key>

<integer>0</integer>

<key>IOLocation</key>

<string></string>

<key>IOMACAddress</key>

<data>

15: change that to this:

<key>BSD Name</key>

<string>en1</string>

<key>IOBuiltin</key>

<false/>

<key>IOInterfaceType</key>

<integer>6</integer>

<key>IOInterfaceUnit</key>

<integer>1</integer>

<key>IOLocation</key>

<string></string>

<key>IOMACAddress</key>

<data>

16: then Ctrl-X -> Y -> Enter

Reboot and profit.

So now (gburnham) I'm wondering,

On my Inspiron 9400 (looks like very simlar hardware to yours - Sigmatel STAC9200, Broadcom LAN/WLAN), I've tried versions 1.10, 1.11, 1.14, 1.15 of the patcher and I have about 9 different dump files. I've dragged all the dump files over each one of the patcher versions and still I crash every time. What kernel and version are you using? Someone said to use Semthex sf9, but the only thing I've found is an (uncompiled) version of it on his blog. I forget how to compile, but also I'm wondering if there is a different version (DaemonES, mifki, etc.) that might be good to use, or should I be doing something else different alltogether?

Also, I'm wondering what you did to get your Broadcom LAN and WLANs working? Thanks.

Cheers!

You should only be using the DaemonES kernel as your hardware supports SSE3, NX and HPET.

It's pretty easy to get hold of if you Google it :thumbsup_anim:

Taruga (& gburnham, devilhood, Ferret, alll who helped),

Well it worked now! The trick was switching to the DaemonES kernel. Granted, my lappy supports SSE3, NX, & HPET (all required to properly run the DaemonES kernel). After I rebooted from swapping out the kernels, I used v1.11 of the patcher util and the STAC9200.txt dump - and VIOLA - after about 3-4 minutes of it sifting through all the data it needed to, then rebooting.... The sound of music!