INFOTHREAD "Nebukadnezar" (AMD+INTEL 10.4.8 Kernel)

semthex

466 posts in this topic

Hi, the first time i installed osx86 10.4.5 on my computer it worked about 2 times natively and now all i get is a 8.4.1 kernel panic. I've tried uninstalling and redoing everything, also upgrading to 10.4.6, however ever since then i've just havent had any progress. i've been installing osx86 using vmware and it seems to run on vmware but not natively. I was wondering if the new AMD+INTEL 10.4.8 Kernel will help resolve this problem or if there was any other way around the problem.

I'll probably try the new AMD+INTEL 10.4.8 Kernel when it comes out anyway.

cpu: amd opteron 275 x2

motherboard: tyan k8we

hd: Western Digital WD3200KS 300GB x4 RAID, 1.16TB

Video Card: nvidia quadro 4500

DVD: DVR-110D Pioneer

PSU: silverstone ST75ZF 750w

RAM: Kingston 1GB 400MHz DDR - [KVR400S4R3A/1G] x2

i have a problem with osx 1048 SSE3 AMD,

hang on install boot after that line:

kernel version:

Darwin Kernel Version 8.8.1:Sun Nov 12 16:51:37 AZOT 2006; semthex: /nebukadnezar/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386

and after tha line stops, i have to shutdown.

Asus a6km AMD turion MT.32 1.8Ghz.

1Gb Ram

Nvidia geforce 7300 Go 256

post-52050-1166570113_thumb.jpg

Edited by zes

i have a problem with osx 1048 SSE3 AMD,

hang on install boot after that line:

kernel version:

Darwin Kernel Version 8.8.1:Sun Nov 12 16:51:37 AZOT 2006; semthex: /nebukadnezar/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386

and after tha line stops, i have to shutdown.

Asus a6km AMD turion MT.32 1.8Ghz.

1Gb Ram

Nvidia geforce 7300 Go 256

remove the IOPCCardFamily.kext

theres something else you have to remove too give me a sec and Ill find it for you.

EDIT: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=35783

Edited by ACC0RD22

jeje:...., down again ;)

that installation of osx86 has been the first that overwrite my ubuntu grub on mbr, and with darwin bootloader i was able to boot windows, but no ubuntu, well, i recover ubuntu´s grub, overwritten darwinbootloader, only i have to do is add a line into menu.lst to boot osx86 partition.

actually osx it´s not a primary partition (hda6), but with darwin bootloader was running ok. (see the screenshot)

now with grub i add that:

title osx86

rootnoverify (hd0,5)

makeactive

chainloader + 1

boot

i have see a rammjet post to fix darwin to mbr from install dvd, but i think that returns me to the original place, after osx86 installation, ¿it´s possible to boot 3 so from darwinbootloader?, and ¿how?

perhaps i can restore darwin first, and after modify darwin bootconfig file, if it exists, i think it.....

thanks

Edited by zes

you could install Grub in the first sectors of your linux partition instead of your MBR, so you should be able to boot all your OSes from Darwin Bootloader...This way, you will never loose your boot settings again (unless you reinstall Windows which could overwrite your MBR)

you could install Grub in the first sectors of your linux partition instead of your MBR, so you should be able to boot all your OSes from Darwin Bootloader...This way, you will never loose your boot settings again (unless you reinstall Windows which could overwrite your MBR)

Windows WILL overwrite your MBR. however, making the partition with OS X on it active again fixes the problem.

Hi all,

I'm having trouble installing this iso... Does this sound like it's the video card that causing a reset?

I already have 10.4.5 running on AMD w/ Nvidia FX5500. That installed long ago with no tricks. So, not to be stuck with no OSX at all... using a spare hard drive, I boot from the ISO and hit F8, then -x ... "Loading Darwin", then a reset on the mobo, screen goes black, and it re-posts. This happens with or without the '-x'.

'-v' shows that it's dying on:

Loading HFS+ File: [/system/Library/Extensions.mkext] from 4230450.

The FX5500 is weak, so I plan to replace it. If this sounds like a video card problem then I'll save myself the grief and just wait for the new card.

Any clues? Any suggestion on a fast and quiet AGP card? (reasonable cost and wattage tho :thumbsup_anim:

Oh yeah, it's a DFI K8M800-MLVF, VIA, AGP, w/ Semperon 3300+ SSE2 SSE3.

Thanks!

Jazzz

Edited by Jazzz

Thanks Semtex for all your hard work. I was just wondering how do you install your latest kernel. I downloaded the file but it's in unrecognizable format ( I am not programer). How do I upgrade to your final (mach_kernel).

Thank you Merry Christmas and Happy new year.

how do you install your latest kernel. I downloaded the file but it's in unrecognizable format

Open the zip file and find the kernel inside the folder.

Then do this: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=261039

If you downloaded a .rar file and found a .diff file inside, you did not download a kernel. You downloaded a difference file for source code.

Thanks Semtex for all your hard work. I was just wondering how do you install your latest kernel. I downloaded the file but it's in unrecognizable format ( I am not programer). How do I upgrade to your final (mach_kernel).

Thank you Merry Christmas and Happy new year.

Yeah, I downloaded file rar from your blog, Semthex.

But into that file, I saw only one file call "semthex.diff", I don't know how to install it!

Semthex, please help!

Thanks and Merry Christmas!!!!!

But into that file, I saw only one file call "semthex.diff", I don't know how to install it!

Semthex, please help!

You need to use the command patch to apply the patches from Semthex. Use something like this:

# patch -p0 <semthex.diff

Semthex, please help!

You have downloaded a diff file for source. Right above the link you clicked to download it says: "I hope you enjoy this source release, happy christmas to everybody!"

You did not download the new kernel.

I was setup 10.4.5 on my laptop. And have good internet with GPRS modem (Nokia 6170)

But after uddate JaS.10.4.8.Intel.SSE2.SemtheX.Beta9 it don't work.

I get error "Modem unexpected hungup..."

What I need replace kext from 10.4.5? Modem script is special not from Mac OS. Modem conect on USB.

What can I do?

I was setup 10.4.5 on my laptop. And have good internet with GPRS modem (Nokia 6170)

But after uddate JaS.10.4.8.Intel.SSE2.SemtheX.Beta9 it don't work.

I get error "Modem unexpected hungup..."

What I need replace kext from 10.4.5? Modem script is special not from Mac OS. Modem conect on USB.

What can I do?

Did you try reading the readmes? The kernel updates are for 10.4.8 only.

Hi all,

I'm having trouble with TEST1 and FINAL amd iso's. Does this sound like it's the video card that causing a reset?

I boot from the ISO and hit F8, then -x ... "Loading Darwin", then a reset on the mobo, screen goes black, and it re-posts. This happens with or without the '-x'. '-v' shows that it's dying on:

Loading HFS+ File: [/system/Library/Extensions.mkext] from 4230450.

I already had 10.4.5 running with same Nvidia FX5500. That installed long ago with no tricks. So, not to be stuck with no OSX at all... I tried the above using a spare hard drive -- same steps as before!

If this sounds like a video card problem then, since the FX5500 is weak I should replace it. I'll save myself the grief and just wait for the new card.

Any clues? Any suggestion on a fast and quiet AGP card? (reasonable cost and wattage)

Oh yeah, mobo is a DFI K8M800-MLVF, VIA, AGP, w/ Semperon 3300+ SSE2 SSE3.

Thanks for advice!

Jazzz