INFOTHREAD "Nebukadnezar" (AMD+INTEL 10.4.8 Kernel)

semthex

466 posts in this topic

hi, i've been busy with oc my prescott cpu under win and don't know the last improvemets to the kernel: I read about a fix for sleep function with desktop pc's, is there any news?

thank you and bye.

please could anyone tell me something about that, thank you and bye.

I upgraded as well. Works flawlessly as well. No problems at all :-D

Now all i need is a resolution that works with my monitor :P Just bought a widescreen LCD that supports 1640*1050. But it's not in listed as a resolution. Otherwise everything is perfect. Thanks a bunch :-D

i tried but buggered my os x partition..... not any fault but mine!!! i will reinstall and try again... i think i know what i did wrong!!!! thanks again semthex and JaS for all the hard work you two have done..... i will let u know if i figure it out!!!

Grama

Is there a kernel flag to prevent semthex 8.8.1 from entering 64 bit mode?

I am trying to use in vmware. With Intel Virtualization enabled in BIOS, even with -vmware, it enters 64 bit mode (E6400 CPU), then panics.

Without Virtualization enabled, it stays in 32 bit mode and works.

But for my other VMs I want to leave this enabled.

Hi there,

patching to newest Beta works fine for me on a PentiumD 805 on Asus P5VDC-x. New kernel is a bit more stable and much faster :unsure: A problem occurs, as i reboot without having deleted the Extensins.kextcache and Extensions.mkext. It reboots endlessly then, the bootflag "-f" seems not to work in this case.

Any ideas to solve that case??

I had been running for several days on the semthex Beta8 kernel with no problems. Then, I installed Parallels and began working with WinXP-Pro under Parallels. That's when the problems started. After I upgraded Parallels to the latest build - 3036.

I started WinXP-Pro and was running a WebRoot SpySweaper scan in the background while reading some web pages using the OS X version of FireFox. The system panicked. Gray screen with the "You need to reboot" message.

I reset the system and started Parallels - WinXP. I let the system just set there for a while - a few hours - and when I came back there was another "You need to reboot" message.

I reset back to the beta5 kernel and the system has been running Parallels WinXP-Pro since yesterday with no further panic messages.

I don't have a clue why this would happen nor do I have any idea how to troubleshoot the problem. For all I know, it is something specific to my system and I am the only one having the problem. I just thought I should report it.

Edited by BladeRunner

On SSE3 you can stay with beta8, it'S not bad to upgrade but not needed too.

Well I'm sorry to say that beta 9 crashed my SSE3 system very very often, while beta 8 is just....amazing! I love it as much I hate beta 8. Good luck with your work Semthex.

@Strahd: I let bet 9 run for several days and it crashed all the time, maybe I will try to update it 2 times. But do you know there's a different beta 9.1 and 9.2???

Edited by Simania_NL

My beta 9 SSE2 box runs smoothly i have to say.. full qe/qc with 7600gs agp

Some weird things happening in Aperture but thats not a problem... opengl in xbench works fine too.

Thanks Semthex!

Edited by cashgrow

Hello,

I've got an Acer laptop running MacOS X 10.4.7.

But when I want to use Nebukadnezar (sse2-exp6), my computer can't boot.

I try two solutions. First was mcfresh method, and second Jas 10.4.8 Intel SSE2 with SemtheX Beta9.

But I've got the same result : kernel freeze just after this line (so at the beginning of the processus) : using 5242 buffer headers and 4096, with no errors. He just stop loading and let my computer looking at me with crying eyes :D

If I read boot processus with darwin kernel, It seem that it's a problem linked with ACPI.

FreeBSD 6.1 kernel has a problem on my computer with ACPI, but nothing so serious...

Any idea ?

Config:

Acer Aspire 1681 WLMI

Intel Pentium M 715 (1.5Ghz)

ATI Mobility 9700 -> Work good with QE and CI

Edited by NeZetiC

I have a little problem 2 i installed beta 9 with the package from Jas on a clean install of 10.4.6 every thing works very smooth. See specs in my sig but the onley problem i have is my installer doesnt work any more. :P It crashes every time it gets to the Volume select. Any ideas? :tomato:

did you replace the old smBIOS with the one from Paulicat's Blog?

When I say step by step...

heres what you need before you start:

- AppleSMBios.kext and IOATAFamily.kext (get it from paulicats blog)

[...]

6. Install applesmbios.kext and ioatafamily.kext into extension folder (repair permissions)

When I ask some help, this is because I read it, I tried it, read it again, and again, retried, used another solution, make some search, with no results ;)

Edit: I don't have any error or kernel panic with all sort of dump. My s5 kernel just stop loading at same point with any solutions I tried... This is why I realy don't understand.

Edit2: Ok, I found the problem (thanks myzar). It was AppleAPIC.kext. I retry an update without erasing old AppleAPIC.kext & AppleACPIPlatform.kext, and it works. I've got my pentium M laptop running 8.8.1 kernel, and QE & CI with my Radeon 9700. Thx Semthex & InsanelyMac community :)

Edited by NeZetiC

The beta is now reopened via the kernel channel. to participate, join and get the instructions there. Others than said in serveral guides on the net there is no distribution of any pre-packaged stuff (including i.e. apple software) and won't be for legal reasons.

The new system was established cause crosslinking and redistribution of the downlaod links gone wild, this is beta and shoudl stay on the channel.

:)

The beta is now reopened via the kernel channel. to participate, join and get the instructions there. Others than said in serveral guides on the net there is no distribution of any pre-packaged stuff (including i.e. apple software) and won't be for legal reasons.

The new system was established cause crosslinking and redistribution of the downlaod links gone wild, this is beta and shoudl stay on the channel.

:)

I'm sorry, but I can't find the "#kernel" in the our IRC chat anymore!!! :((