Asus P5W DH Deluxe thread for JAS 10.4.8

622 posts in this topic

I'm looking to build a new hackintosh, based on P5W mainboard.

But i've some question for users before:

- does eSata works? I've an eSata external HDD and need it to be working.

- what kind of Memory should i buy? DDR2 800 is OK?

- what main HDD should i buy? I read that there is some speed problems with Seagate ones? Any problem with Samsung spinPoint?

Thx people!

One thing I've noticed is that you might want to buy an SATA DVD drive. The IDE cable they give you for the CD Roms isn't anywhere near long enough. The controller is on the bottom of the board and the CD Roms are at the top! What were they thinking?

Oke for installation im using osx 10.4.8 jas amd intel sse2 sse3 . it just works

even my lan (cable ) works.

Its a bit Flakey do.

i have noticed a strange thing do when i go AFk . the screen at a certin point stay's the same when i come back to the keyboard move the mouse or press a key the screen refreshes and all is fine. must be a glitch in the screen saver but i don't mid it its noting serious. well nead to test it when playing back dvd/ vid files.

WoW well it works but im having lags when going from 1 place to an other looks like the HD starts loading when it realy neads the files not pre loading . it results in a few second freezes when you leave a city

enter a next stretch of land we l can live with that heared 4.9 fixed a lot of trouble with wow

Tryed to update to 10.4.9 last night what a disaster :)

cant boot any more tryed a Few of the metods out there but no luck.

( i realy hate using console mode) because you dont get any conformation tasts worked.

Down loading the AMD update now going to try and see if that works

lol yep that cable is way to short I got a ata 160 GB and a super drive on that cable had to put the dvd drive in the bottem slot of the case . but what ever works. thinking ob getting a sata HD next month so i can test more stuff

DDr 2 800 is only good if your Systeem can use it my intel 805 D@2,66 MHz for example does not support in natavely so it be a shame to use it you be cheaper off with 533 ddr2 . @ 4 GHZ i can use.

so it depends on the cpu fsb you are going to use in your system mabey your lucky and can put a nice quad in there then 1024ddr is for you

I just installed the 10.4.7 JaS release and it worked!!!! I then downloaded the JaS 10.4.9 Update, and it worked!!!!!! I then tried to install the Natit kexts, and now it won't boot... :thumbsup_anim:

I'm going for Jas 10.4.9 its in and hope to have it working tonight (thanks kasper.)

1. Kernalzero's method using the Paulicat kernel ( nope didt not boot)

2. Update hackintosh 10.4.8 to 10.4.9 (Intel SSE2/3) - Retains 8.8.1 kernel (bungled that one)

3. Using the Loki updater (Intel only - See IRC channel for full details - Torrent on the Green Demon) have the file but what to do now :(

4. Installing 10.4.9 on a Thinkpad T43 (thanks to rathalos) well did not work for me

5. Updating to 10.4.9 on an AMD System (thanks to Tubgirl) gave an error on install :S

So i have instaled a fresh 10.4.8 jas amd intel pr1 pr2

I just installed the 10.4.7 JaS release and it worked!!!! I then downloaded the JaS 10.4.9 Update, and it worked!!!!!! I then tried to install the Natit kexts, and now it won't boot... :)

boot in single user mode with -s and remove the natit kext and that should fix it. you might need to try a different version of natit.

OK!!! Bought my hardware!

Case:

COOLER MASTER Centurion 532 RC-532-SKN1 Black Aluminum bezel, SECC chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case -

Motherboard:

ASUS P5W DH DELUXE/WIFI-AP LGA 775 Intel 975X ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Power Supply:

FSP Group (Fortron Source) AX500-A, 2.0 version, 2 SATA, PCI Express, 500W - Retail

Ram:

CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory

Hard Drive:

Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 ST3400833AS 400GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

DVD Burner:

LG 18X DVD±R Super-Multi DVD Burner With 12X DVD-RAM Write Black IDE Model GSA-H42N-BK - OEM

CPU Cooler:

COOLER MASTER RR-PCH-S9U1-GP 92mm CPU Cooler

Already have these:

Graphics Card:

eVGA 7900gs KO HDCP 256mb

CPU:

intel Core2Duo e6700

Wish me luck... the board I bought was because of this thread... thanks for the support guys!

Thats it I've had it with this hacking {censored} im going t get me a real macpro xeon.

hmm checked my bank acound...... mabey not......

oke bin toying with Jas combo update 10.4.9 and have 0 just luck!

done like 10 reinstalls and the os just keaps crashing

well extract the files ,patch osx 10.4.9 , loginwindow but assoon when I hit that dmg file pooff kernal panic sets in instand restart.

tryed setting the fsb to 200 but i just get restart loops.

so im going to reinstall back to osx 10.4.8

And getting my develeper machine asrock 915 GL celeron D as close as you can get to the real stuff (develepers machine when it came out it has the same chips exept the 1) but all stuff works nativ no patches :unsure:)

Thats it I've had it with this hacking {censored} im going t get me a real macpro xeon.

hmm checked my bank acound...... mabey not......

oke bin toying with Jas combo update 10.4.9 and have 0 just luck!

done like 10 reinstalls and the os just keaps crashing

well extract the files ,patch osx 10.4.9 , loginwindow but assoon when I hit that dmg file pooff kernal panic sets in instand restart.

tryed setting the fsb to 200 but i just get restart loops.

so im going to reinstall back to osx 10.4.8

And getting my develeper machine asrock 915 GL celeron D as close as you can get to the real stuff (develepers machine when it came out it has the same chips exept the 1) but all stuff works nativ no patches :o)

few things, where and how exactly does it crash? seems its booting and doing ok except when you try to mount disk images?

get the latest kernel also, whatever came with Jas is outdated, new kernels dont need to have FSB set and make sure you get the one with HPET.

if its only crashing while trying to mount DMGs it sounds like there is something wrong with your system.kext, make sure its matching your kernel (check the version.plist inside contents and check the version), then do uname -a and check your kernel version too. check your System.framework version too (not sure if it matters) and make sure its all the same version.

Succes :D but thats on my asrock 915GL 10.4.8-> 10.4.9 using Jas combo update.

so i think that ist a kext problem with my P5W DH deluxe machine going to try install 10.4.8 with minimal drivers installed then upgrade and install packeges later,

or it could be a bios setting :S not sure but will test that later.

@EMI

ty for the blog ill look in to it kernel wize and get the lates one @ http://semthex.com

think ill try installing hte kernal right after the update then install the log window then hit the dmg.

stiff find it strange as soon as you hi the dmg the system panics and you have to reboot

Hmm i the past i usaly instal everyting on my 915 and then moved the hardisk to a new system

So i tryed putting the HD drive from my 915 in my P5W DH :hysterical: but it hangs when booting.

it has the lates kernel the one with no FsB check. welll im at a loss for words now .

:wallbash: still no luck on 10.4.9 :(

ive tried some differend kernels 8.9.1 , and upgrading vid driver befor the reboot i must say im getting a bit furder befor i get the kernal panics , now i get the blue screen of death :hysterical:

:o succes yes yes works like a charm now i used the koolal updater.

but mij system as befor got a kernal panic during boot. then i fount a poost a bout a guy with a P4 system that had

the same crashes as me, he had to turn of is cpu id limit.

so whent in to the bios and turnd the max cpu id limit of and now it works :o)