Asus P5W DH Deluxe thread for JAS 10.4.8

622 posts in this topic

Download the torrent of Jas combo update, you can find it at the demons if you see what I mean, (read the text file attached) and have a look there http://rakis.net/~justin/blog/

Thx for reply. Can you tell me just one thing? After Jas combo update, I still have 8.8.1 kernel. Is it ok and is 8.9.1 kernel out?

Thx again :thumbsdown_anim:

EDIT:

Ok, wierd...I can't open dmg images after installing update....help someone :(

EDIT2: I managed to work :) I copied all backup extensions back to the Extensions folder and repaired disk permissions, now work :)

I have been trying for 2 days now to get OS X installed on my board. I have the JaS 10.4.8 with the Semthex Kernel and the "Support for most common hardware". Also there is a check box for the Titan Kexts. Does anyone know what I should install to get it working? Thanks!

I have been trying for 2 days now to get OS X installed on my board. I have the JaS 10.4.8 with the Semthex Kernel and the "Support for most common hardware". Also there is a check box for the Titan Kexts. Does anyone know what I should install to get it working? Thanks!

where does the installation or bootup fail after you've installed?

Hmm, I'm not currently at the machine right now, but I believe it was a Kernel panic. The white Apple screen is where it comes up and says that I need to restart. During -v, It had something to do with the Kernel. What DVD should I use to install OS X? I have the latest JaS DVD with 10.4.8.

Hmm, I'm not currently at the machine right now, but I believe it was a Kernel panic. The white Apple screen is where it comes up and says that I need to restart. During -v, It had something to do with the Kernel. What DVD should I use to install OS X? I have the latest JaS DVD with 10.4.8.

in my experience, the 10.4.8-JaS SSE3 release worked best (i think the SSE2-3 has ICH7r issues, but not sure).

anyways, find out where its dying with -v and let us know.

in my experience, the 10.4.8-JaS SSE3 release worked best (i think the SSE2-3 has ICH7r issues, but not sure).

anyways, find out where its dying with -v and let us know.

I have the same problem. Using -v, it doesn't tell me anything new and goes black instead of showing the "restart your computer" message. I restart over and over and nothing changes....

I have the same problem. Using -v, it doesn't tell me anything new and goes black instead of showing the "restart your computer" message. I restart over and over and nothing changes....

make sure speedstep is disabled in bios, and pretty much every onboard device you can turn off.

To hyphyleo --> What did you need to know?

To sg --> I finished downloading the first JaS release of 10.4.8 and I'm going to try it again. I will post back in the morning with my results!

succes :)

Intel pentium D 805 @ 4 GHz

DDR2 800 and a Ati 1900 XTX 512 MB

Oke first install i clicked all the extra's on it did not boot

second time I only clicked

intel CPU's , Ati 1x00 , and some commen hardware but left things i did not nead.

my last try was 10.4.4 it was oke then 2

am installing WoW at the moment. :( its going to take all night im afraid updat up date then BC than update again.

will fix the sound and airport dont work (did not work after install)

Hey CandyKane, what install did you use? I've tried 3 different versions of the 10.4.8 and I can't get it to boot. I'm going to download the 10.4.7 and then see if I can upgrade from there. Also, what server do you play on in WOW? I'm on Andorhal...