Asus P5W DH Deluxe thread for JAS 10.4.8

622 posts in this topic

Hey, sg, what are your cpu temps @3.2? What's the cooler? And how much voltage are you using at vcore?

using default cooler and my core is default too. i actually had it stable for weeks at a lower voltage but decided to move it back up.

i dont have a working cpu temp inside OSX, so i cant check.. but if i do some heavy load/benchmarks for an hour then reboot and check my bios it stays around 32C.

using default cooler and my core is default too. i actually had it stable for weeks at a lower voltage but decided to move it back up.

i dont have a working cpu temp inside OSX, so i cant check.. but if i do some heavy load/benchmarks for an hour then reboot and check my bios it stays around 32C.

Sweet.

Hi- I did the upgrade to 10.4.9 with kernel 8.9.1. Everything seems to be ok--except sound. Applehda.kext loads succesfully-but no sound. With 10.4.8 I had some freezes from time to time-with the new kernel no frezzes since last night.

Coolio

get the latest verison of taruga's alcinject, version 4 i think.

Hi- I did the upgrade to 10.4.9 with kernel 8.9.1. Everything seems to be ok--except sound. Applehda.kext loads succesfully-but no sound. With 10.4.8 I had some freezes from time to time-with the new kernel no frezzes since last night.

Coolio

Can you tell me which guide you used ?

I'm planning to buy a new P5W DH Deluxe in the future. (I hope it still is a good choice)

So I was wondering which was the latest version of MacOSx on the net?

EDIT: It's 10.4.9 I can see. But it's just a combo update and not a full update.

Thanks

get the latest verison of taruga's alcinject, version 4 i think.

SG what version of AppleHDA.kext are you using to get sound. I am able to get sound with AppleHDA.kext v1.2.4 but not v1.2.9 which is part of the 10.4.9 pkg. I'm using Taruga 0.4b.

Just curious more than anything.

SG what version of AppleHDA.kext are you using to get sound. I am able to get sound with AppleHDA.kext v1.2.4 but not v1.2.9 which is part of the 10.4.9 pkg. I'm using Taruga 0.4b.

Just curious more than anything.

the taruga package installs a AppleHDA kext which is verion 1.24 (its what i have according to version.plist)

Hi guys!!!

At the very outset, I love this motherboard. I have 2 SATA 250 GB Seagate HDD's.

Could someone tell me how to connect these so as to not have trouble with low speeds.

I was think of RAID0 (orange connectors).

But some detailed guide of how to with BIOS configuration would be greatly appriciated..

cya

Rajeev

Hi guys!!!

At the very outset, I love this motherboard. I have 2 SATA 250 GB Seagate HDD's.

Could someone tell me how to connect these so as to not have trouble with low speeds.

I was think of RAID0 (orange connectors).

But some detailed guide of how to with BIOS configuration would be greatly appriciated..

cya

Rajeev

Just use the Intel ICH7 controller (black ports), if you want my xbench results, just shout.

The orange ports are from the JMicron controller which is AFAIK not as good as the Intel.

Anyone with this board have sleep working? That and the remote seems to be the only two problems with OS X at this time.

Nope, can't sleep get working, remote neither..

Thanks Kaspers, :)

Would love your Xbench results(just to put my mind to rest :)!!!)

Any idea of the BIOS config cause some ppl say SATA should be configured as Standard IDE whereas some say for the jas 10.4.8 DVD to work, it should be configured as AHCI.

ne ideas on that??..

I am no developer so relying on ppl on the forum to help me :)

Thanks