Asus P5W DH Deluxe thread for JAS 10.4.8

622 posts in this topic

do you have freezes with the lastest semthex kernel?

no freezes at all, using beta5 right now but the last few stable versions have also been stable for me. are you overclocking your system at all?

no i don't understand! i hope it must be my hard disk drive has a problem :)

I think I have the same errors as you. My pc just freeze from nothing and de HD light in my case start going nuts. Then my second SATA stop working and my PC finally freezes. But this is under Mac OS X or Windows, so I definetly don't think is related to any OS, is a mother board/bios problem.

I think I have the same errors as you. My pc just freeze from nothing and de HD light in my case start going nuts. Then my second SATA stop working and my PC finally freezes. But this is under Mac OS X or Windows, so I definetly don't think is related to any OS, is a mother board/bios problem.

Really? did you upgrade your bios?

Running with BIOS 1305....any way upgrading via USB stick/CDROM only?

cheers

davorin

do you have windows installed? if so you can just use the asus winflash utility that comes with your p5w-dh motherboard cd-rom.

I'm not gonna go out and buy me a copy of Windows just to upgrade BIOS and destroy my harddrive with a stupid OS (o;

you should also be able to just burn a regular cd (probably whatever basic windows cd-rom FS ISO-9660 or whatever) with the new bios and then use the bios flash tool.

whats the prob here.

just move a bios file to a usb stick, start your computer, press DEL, run asus update utility and FLASH

if it goes wrong

rename on another pc, the bios file to P5WDH.bios and move it to your usb stick, bootup pc with usb stick attached, and your bios will be restored..

why whould a bios upgrade destroy your hard drive ?

not osx related one bit, but p5w-dh... anyone running this in win xp sp2? every time i go to 'restart', the it goes through a reboot cycle where it logs me off and shuts down all processes and screen goes black, however the machine doesnt actually reboot. no signal goes to the monitor and no drives spin up. i have to manually hit the restart/power button.

if i do a shutdown it will actually shutdown. i dont get this behaviour in OSX or Linux.

mm okay interesting..

so your'e using 10.4.8 with 8.8.1 kernel ?

Thats VERY interesting!!

Please give more detaills about your resolution,

we have had big talks on IRC about sleep, and everyone says it won't work with 8.8.1 :D.

And my last question:

can you specify your bios settings (if you got time :D).

Thanks!

my resolution is 1152*870@75Hz

Here my bios configuration

IDE configuration:

Configure Sata as Standard IDE

Onboard IDE Operate Mode as Enhanced Mode

Enhanced Mode Support On SATA+PATA

Jmicron disable

ACPI Support 2.0 Enabled

Hard Drive for MAC OSX connected to the Orange port sata

ok then i have a question for you do you have mouse speed up with a USB TO PS2 converter?

see my post here

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=34868

:D