WhatEverGreen Support Topic

MattsCreative
1,501 posts in this topic

Not sure if worth noting but when using clovers ati injection was when sleep worked.

How did you know the correct address? I misread and used the hdmi address but much better anyway shows

the proper vram reading. Not sure about sleep working yet being on screen sharing now. Would hdmi audio

support happen in future for 10.11 or is it something in 10.12+ changed? 

Maybe now theres a better debug report?

its a lot of api failed to load again but different .. consider rebuild of prelinked kernel as lilu triggered rebuild

Does your mainboard UEFI-capable? Does your card have UEFI VideoBIOS? If both questions "yes" try to disable CSM and make PCIe graphics card primary. If first question "yes" and second "no" try to find way to flash UEFI VideoBIOS in your card. Search Google how to flash UEFI GOP in AMD videocards. If first question "no" you could try different VideoBIOSes even from another vendor. Just make sure that type and amount of connectors, video memory and GPU/Memory frequencies will be equal to your card.

That's all i can suggest you.  

I thought my card was UEFI capable but turns out it isn't (just noticed that when I try to disable CSM, it just re-enables itself). I'll try finding a UEFI VideoBIOS. Thanks!

Edit: I'm having trouble finding one. Is this really the only solution? If so, I might just revert back to Sierra and use Verde.kext instead, because that worked fine.

I thought my card was UEFI capable but turns out it isn't (just noticed that when I try to disable CSM, it just re-enables itself). I'll try finding a UEFI VideoBIOS. Thanks!

Edit: I'm having trouble finding one. Is this really the only solution? If so, I might just revert back to Sierra and use Verde.kext instead, because that worked fine.

you can patch a 7770 to have uefi i just can't find the program

• Like 1

My realtek audio got knocked out with the latest whatevergreen.kext 1.1.0 _ lilu 1.2.0. I have limited ability to self diagnose and usually have to ask for help. If anyone can advise me on what info I can gather to see if it's a simple config.plist addition or subtraction I'd appreciate it. I went back to lilu 1.1.7 and whatevergreen 1.0.4. The previous kexts are great, just wanted to report in case there is something that others might benefit from. Thanks for the info, johnm

Hi @vandroiy2012

I'm just curious Is it possible to use lilu and whatevergreen on older hardware to boot into High Sierra? I tried and it will give me the black screen. I remember I've read about not using these kexts on older hardware in the read me on the whatever green on git hub.

They work fine on Sierra though.

My rig is: GA-EP45, Core 2 Duo E8400 and the GPU is Sapphire Radeon HD 7790 Dual-X 1GB.

Thanks for you support and your time man :)

i have bought amd rx580 and planed to sell my gtx960

i have bought amd rx580 and planed to sell my gtx960

That's great congrats. :)

My problem is with an old PC which doesn't support UEFI and there are other users that have the same problem with High Sierra.

you can patch a 7770 to have uefi i just can't find the program

I believe this is what you are referring to:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/299614-asus-eah6450-video-bios-uefi-gop-upgrade-and-gop-uefi-binary-in-efi-for-many-ati-cards/

They created an app called "AMD GOP UEFI Maker" which converts the ROM of nonUEFI video card to UEFI capable video card.

• Like 2

I believe this is what you are referring to:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/299614-asus-eah6450-video-bios-uefi-gop-upgrade-and-gop-uefi-binary-in-efi-for-many-ati-cards/

They created an app called "AMD GOP UEFI Maker" which converts the ROM of nonUEFI video card to UEFI capable video card.

After a very stressful hour and a half (I'm already paranoid when it comes to updating BIOSes, so installing a modified one was really scary for me), IT'S WORKING! I just made sure to disable CSM (and it actually stayed disabled this time) and booted with -raddvi, and both monitors are working! Thank you so much @vandroiy2012 @WarDoc and @cyberdevs, you are my heroes!

Quick note: From that thread, I had to use the first version of the "AMD UEFI GOP Maker" software by STLVNUB (post #7); the second version did not patch my VBIOS properly (ATIFlash gave the error message "cannot flash a 0x2e000 length image into a 0x20000 length ROM"). I flashed through DOS.

Edit: Just noticed that there's an entry in the FAQ called "How do I flash my GPU?"... I really need to start reading those more carefully :rolleyes:

• Like 3

After a very stressful hour and a half (I'm already paranoid when it comes to updating BIOSes, so installing a modified one was really scary for me), IT'S WORKING! I just made sure to disable CSM (and it actually stayed disabled this time) and booted with -raddvi, and both monitors are working! Thank you so much @vandroiy2012 @WarDoc and @cyberdevs, you are my heroes!

Quick note: From that thread, I had to use the first version of the software by STLVNUB (post #7); the second version did not patch my VBIOS properly.

Glad to hear it :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

Is it possible somehow to disable a Nvidia graphics card in the SSDT? Let's say I have a 1080Ti in the first slot for windows only and in the third slot there is the Radeon Pro WX 5100. If I boot with Whatevergreen it boots to a black screen because of the Nvidia card. (No web drivers installed).

just info .. running mavericks 10.9.5 with ATI HD 4710 @ asus P5KPL-CM non uefi :)  with lilu+whatevergreen, clover 4200 bf keepsyms=1 -lilubeta -radbeta

Starting Clover revision: 4200 on CLOVER EFI
25:112 0:002 Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.9\WhateverGreen.kext
25:115 0:003 Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.9\Lilu.kext

post-1113740-0-58328800-1507825132_thumb.jpg

Quick note: From that thread, I had to use the first version of the "AMD UEFI GOP Maker" software by STLVNUB (post #7); the second version did not patch my VBIOS properly (ATIFlash gave the error message "cannot flash a 0x2e000 length image into a 0x20000 length ROM"). I flashed through DOS.

That's great :) I'm glad that it was helpful ;)

Hello, 

Updated to 12.6 for r9 290 Hdmi audio but it still does not work.

Can anything be told about why and what needs changed with the debug logs?

edit: I RTFM'd this time so its a real debug log :P

Reading a bit more in the faqs, I see in hdmi audio section that an identifiers

not present may need to be edited and it gives an exampe of the r9 290x. 

Maybe the device id is different than the 290 no x? I get this from r9 290x:

AhDIqg== but how to convert that to the device id number im not sure.

but maybe its the same in both cards? 1002:AAC8? If so seems should work?

AppleALC:Lilu Debug.zip

Lilu:Whatevergreen Debug.rtf

Hi all,

I have been running an older version of Lilu and WhateverGreen with a FirePro W9000 and offline HD 7970 and triple Dell UP2715K's (along with some manual MST tweaks) with great success.  About the only issue is that occasionally on wake from sleep a monitor will not wake properly, and that turning off monitors and turning them back on while the computer is on can also put the card into a somewhat unstable state.

I wanted to point out that there is a problem with the latest versions of Lilu and WhateverGreen.  For some reason, it appears the kext is now designed to force the ACPI name to GFX0.  It is doing this for ALL graphics cards in the system.  This is despite my manually designed SSDT's identifying individual cards as GFX1 and GFX2 ... it's simply overriding them and naming both GFX0.

This behavior is too aggressive, in my opinion, as it makes it impossible to target a specific card in other kexts (specifically, AGDP) and it has broken my 5k MST support edits.  Would it be possible to make this GFX0 renaming feature optional?

Alright, I see the problem. What if I change GPU names only if they do not start with GFX prefix? This should leave you with custom GFX1/GFX2 names.

And in addition to that I will also add a boot-arg and SSDT option to completely disable digital audio injection code (which includes GFX renaming).

Sounds good enough?

Just thought I detail a small issues with current whatever green metal is buggy from app to app in geek bench metal doesn’t work it runs for 1 second and that’s it no score so full run ... and another thing no with obs we can’t use hardware encoder which I could do without whatevergreen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alright, I see the problem. What if I change GPU names only if they do not start with GFX prefix? This should leave you with custom GFX1/GFX2 names.

And in addition to that I will also add a boot-arg and SSDT option to completely disable digital audio injection code (which includes GFX renaming).

Sounds good enough?

Yes, that sounds like the customization can be made on multiple fronts then.  It would fix my immediate problem for sure.  Thanks for looking at this.

Another question ... do you have any understanding of how sense-id or other configuration settings interact with MST displays?  I'm trying to understand what causes the occasional instability in these displays when waking up and especially when hot plugging them when the computer is on.  It may come down to just hardware differences between a true Mac Pro 2013 and the hackintosh.

Very much appreciate your work in solving these ATI issues.  Using these 5K displays is a bit masochistic on my part ... WhateverGreen was the final piece of the puzzle that made it all come together!

Thanks vit9696 for the updated kext. Finally have multi monitors working on my RX 580. Still using helper IGPU for boot.

Audio seems to show in settings but no output on LG TV.

attaching some screenshots from dpcimanager. I noticed my audio is configured as R6xxHDMI?????

Any way to fix this?

IM on 10.12.6

INTELNUC7i5BNH

RX580 / Akitio Node Egpu

post-210369-0-79424900-1508068210_thumb.png

post-210369-0-79901100-1508068223_thumb.png

It should be like that

attachicon.gifСнимок экрана 2017-10-12 в 02.07.05.png

Just copy it

<key>Arbitrary</key>
		<array>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>Inject AMD Graphics properties</string>
				<key>CustomProperties</key>
				<array>
					<dict>
						<key>Key</key>
						<string>device-id</string>
						<key>Value</key>
						<data>
						sGcAAA==
						</data>
					</dict>
				</array>
				<key>PciAddr</key>
				<string>01:00.00</string>
			</dict>
		</array>

About choosing correct PciAddr look here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/325987-whatevergreen-support-topic/?p=2489296

And obligatorily disable clover ATI injection!!!

Thank you for that help. It sleeps every time and will test with another display too. Couldnt get hdmi audio working. Now trying Arbitrary for that.

I got this for device-id: 0A0D0000 and address 01.00.01  edit: not worked, maybe with a clean dsdt? I tried removing HDAU

Maybe I try clover kext patches with the example from the faq? Counts and Min kernel dont know but find and replace

This link, from the first post, is not working:

https://github.com/vit9696/WhateverGreen%C2%A0

I google it and I get other source.

When I applied in terminal de command I get this:

Security policy loaded: Lilu Kernel Extension 1.1.0 (Lilu)

2017-10-15 13:49:47.569158-0300  localhost kernel[0]: Kext as.vit9696.WhateverGreen - library kext as.vit9696.Lilu not compatible with requested version 1.2.0.

2017-10-15 13:49:47.569161-0300  localhost kernel[0]: Can't load kext as.vit9696.WhateverGreen - failed to resolve library dependencies.

2017-10-15 13:49:47.569162-0300  localhost kernel[0]: Kext as.vit9696.WhateverGreen failed to load (0xdc00800e).

2017-10-15 13:49:47.569164-0300  localhost kernel[0]: Failed to load kext as.vit9696.WhateverGreen (error 0xdc00800e).

2017-10-15 13:49:47.569568-0300  localhost kernel[0]: Couldn't alloc class "WhateverGreen"

Any help?

Anyone out here who uses successfully an Dual Vega 64 Setup?

Look up PunkNugget, he has dual Vegas, I tested them it’s a lot of power compnsumption for little benefit in most apps. Luxmark Ball used it but the majority of apps out there won’t use them.

I have Sapphire Nitro RX 580 8G. The card works great with Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext in 10.12.6. The Dual Dell 24" 4K monitor works without issue. After installing High Sierra, only one monitor works. The card has 2 DP, 2 HDMI and one DDVI connector. Both the monitors are connected using Dell DP cable. 

What can I do to get my both monitor working in High Sierra? Thanks.

I have Sapphire Nitro RX 580 8G. The card works great with Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext in 10.12.6. The Dual Dell 24" 4K monitor works without issue. After installing High Sierra, only one monitor works. The card has 2 DP, 2 HDMI and one DDVI connector. Both the monitors are connected using Dell DP cable. 

What can I do to get my both monitor working in High Sierra? Thanks.

I have exactly the same problem with the RX 480 8GB from MSI. I am now using one HDMI and one DP port, instead of the 2 DP ports. You can solve this problem by using SM BIOS iMac 18,3, but that is only recommended when you using a kabylake processor. I have a 6600k skylake Processor, so i'am using SM BIOS 17,1 where 1 DP don't work.