WhatEverGreen Support Topic

MattsCreative
1,501 posts in this topic

You need to add -disablegfxfirmware in config.plist, have you done it? No need for Intel FakeID plugin.

I did, didn't help.

can you share your config.plist?

you have all those kexts in like i do?

EDIT: Inject Intel was off, now its on and it works! thanks

Sapphire HD 7750 Low Profile, worked perfectly until 10.13 with HD4600 as primary.

10.13 boot freezes after usb, airport and before any graphics messages with card installed, no 10.13 boot problems with card removed. Installed current Lilu.kext and WhatEverGreen.kext and boot freeze remains. Tried with Dashimaki and without, CSM enabled and disabled, native and custom connectors; no difference.

What boot flags do I need for WhatEverGreen.kext? Suggestions?

@toleda

Boot argumentsAdd -raddbg to enable debug printing (available in DEBUG binaries).Add -radvesa to disable ATI/AMD video acceleration completely.Add -radoff to disable WhateverGreen.Add -radbeta to enable WhateverGreen on unsupported os versions (10.13 and below are enabled by default).Add -rad24 to enforce 24-bit display mode.Add -radlogo to patch boot logo distortion.Add -raddvi to enable DVI transmitter correction (required for 290X, 370, etc.)Add radpg=15 to disable several power-gating modes (see FAQ, required for 7xxx GPUs).

Sapphire HD 7750 Low Profile, worked perfectly until 10.13 with HD4600 as primary.

10.13 boot freezes after usb, airport and before any graphics messages with card installed, no 10.13 boot problems with card removed. Installed current Lilu.kext and WhatEverGreen.kext and boot freeze remains. Tried with Dashimaki and without, CSM enabled and disabled, native and custom connectors; no difference.

What boot flags do I need for WhatEverGreen.kext? Suggestions?

I think its also recommended to NOT use any clover graphics settings like EDID, Fake ID or Inject ATi = true.     Leave everything blank for graphics configuration.    Some use a fake ID only 0x12345678 to trick Whatevergreen into assigning an ID or frame buffer that fits the card.    -radbeta -lilubeta may help.

it does not work with two GPUs

with a Gpu running with Sierra and with High Sierra, if I insert the second GPU restart

2x AMD r9 270x 

Good with a single GPU HDMI, DVI, Dvi, DP work, stop / wake up OK, Good HSierra replace kext :yes: 

with two GPUs nothing, restart :(

try changing your smbios to 6,1

here is my efi just in case.. dual gpu worked for me 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-v6U5cirK6TS2lyeVJNclVSSFU/view?usp=sharing

• Like 1

try changing your smbios to 6,1

here is my efi just in case.. dual gpu worked for me 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-v6U5cirK6TS2lyeVJNclVSSFU/view?usp=sharing

already use macpro6.1

resolved so

Resolved soual Gpu R9 270+ R9 270X works

Sierra and High Sierra, Pitcairn. rom in rom Clover + fake ID 0x68101002

WatherGreen.kext + lilu in S /

Dual GPU R9 270+R9 270x works SIERRA and High Sierra

Pitcairn.Rom in Rom Clover+ FakeID 0x68101002

Whatevergreen+ Lilu in S/L/E

:thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:

The only thing that remains to us AMD users is the audio that using flag npci = 0xxx does not work

we are forced to use VoodooHDA

even though it is great

Schermata 2017-11-01 alle 13.49.38.png

Schermata 2017-11-01 alle 13.49.53.png

Schermata 2017-11-01 alle 13.50.30.png

Schermata 2017-11-01 alle 14.03.23.png

• Like 1

Does anyone know how to fix dual rx 480?

I can boot but it seems like only one is being utilized

Mac Sierra high 10.13

Mac OS doesn’t support crossfire like windows so only one card gets used for most apps. This also lowers your working card to 8 lanes so there is a slight performance drop. Some open Cl apps will utilize both cards like Luxmark and maybe some renedering apps but crossfire performance in open GL is not going to happen with apple software. It sucks but for some apps you can benefit from two cards but in general it is a waste of electricity, IMO.

There’s a thread with a user on a Z270 6700k with 4 Nvidia TitanXp cards. He can run 3 but with the 4th one it crashes the system. Not enough PCIE Lanes available. 1 card 16 lanes 2 cards 8 lanes 3 cards 4? Lanes 4 cards 2 lanes (unsupportable). He needs a threadripper with 64 lanes.

It should be like that

attachicon.gifСнимок экрана 2017-10-12 в 02.07.05.png

Just copy it

<key>Arbitrary</key>
		<array>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>Inject AMD Graphics properties</string>
				<key>CustomProperties</key>
				<array>
					<dict>
						<key>Key</key>
						<string>device-id</string>
						<key>Value</key>
						<data>
						sGcAAA==
						</data>
					</dict>
				</array>
				<key>PciAddr</key>
				<string>01:00.00</string>
			</dict>
		</array>

About choosing correct PciAddr look here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/325987-whatevergreen-support-topic/?p=2489296

And obligatorily disable clover ATI injection!!!

hi,how to display rx580 name.through this config.plist method

Any way of regulating default fan speeds via WhateverGreen? Mine intermittently spin up every few seconds under no load—it's very annoying. Seems like macOS never initializes the fan table correctly.

I've tried editing vBIOS fan table (e.g., setting fans to 20% @ 32°C), but it's to no avail.

I notice some entries in AMD9000Controller such as "_Tonga_FanCtrl_SetDefaultMode" but am unsure how to get at them.

Any way of regulating default fan speeds via WhateverGreen? Mine intermittently spin up every few seconds under no load—it's very annoying. Seems like macOS never initializes the fan table correctly.I've tried editing vBIOS fan table (e.g., setting fans to 20% @ 32°C), but it's to no avail.I notice some entries in AMD9000Controller such as "_Tonga_FanCtrl_SetDefaultMode" but am unsure how to get at them.

Look for “AutoWattMan” Settings. Are you in HS 13.2 by any chance? I notice 13.2 has my vega card fan spinning pretty fast under no load, but my RX 480 seems normal.

• Like 1

@Gigamaxx, hey, does sleep work on 13.2 with rx480 for you with whatevergreen? I suddenly got sleep issues and have no clue whats causing them after installing the beta...

You may try to put Lilu.kext & WhateverGreen.kext in /Library/Extensions instead of /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.

It fix my hackintosh at 10.13.2 (17C60c).

• Like 1

Look for “AutoWattMan” Settings. Are you in HS 13.2 by any chance? I notice 13.2 has my vega card fan spinning pretty fast under no load, but my RX 480 seems normal.

10.3.2, yes. Been like this since early 10.3.1 though.

AutoWattMan looks to be for power management. Not really what I need.

• Like 1

You may try to put Lilu.kext & WhateverGreen.kext in /Library/Extensions instead of /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.

nope, no difference.. still reboot after sleep. downloading the beta2 now, maybe it will fix this issue.

Then one need LiluFriend.kext too.