WhatEverGreen Support Topic

MattsCreative
1,501 posts in this topic

Hi

I am having problems with wake after sleep,  sometimes only way to wake screen is to connect secont monitor/TV to HDMI port at my rx470

Originaly i use DP for my monitor and secont screen is not connected

my system is:

GA z170n-wifi

i5 6500

rx470

lg 4k monitor

dw1560 wifi card

Here are my system files and ioreg

thanks in advance!

iMac.zip

EFI.zip

Send me iMac.zip

Hi

I am having problems with wake after sleep,  sometimes only way to wake screen is to connect secont monitor/TV to HDMI port at my rx470

Originaly i use DP for my monitor and secont screen is not connected

my system is:

GA z170n-wifi

i5 6500

rx470

lg 4k monitor

dw1560 wifi card

Here are my system files and ioreg

thanks in advance!

The answer is in FAQ

• Why can a highres DisplayPort-connected display fail to wake (e.g. some LG 4K models)?

Sometimes AGDC configuration preference could be the case. For 4K and lower it makes sense to try disabling it by passing CFG,CFG_USE_AGDC — False (00) via SSDT or similar.

• Like 1

Hey guys,

I have a RX 560 with macOS 10.13.

I get a freeze every few hours. The mouse can be move and i can listen music but screen is freezing. Its very strange.

I have the same issue with a RX 580 and latest lilu/whatevergreen, triple monitors and everything working perfectly otherwise, just every few hours it hangs the full system, usually in chrome when trying to play a video. Screen hangs, I can still move the mouse and ssh into the sys but nothing else is moving or reacting and I have to kill the system. I saw like 3 people have here mention they had the same issue, any suggestions? thanks

I have an ASUS RX 580 STRIX TOP and my machine boots just fine but when switching from the verbose print outs to graphical phase it just goes black.
I can do screen sharing and the machine is running perfectly, it just makes the screen black.
I tried changing between Mac Pro 5,1 and 6,1.

The system recognises the RX 580 but in the system profiler it says that the card is connected to "Ethernet" and not a PCI port. (??)
I installed latest Lilu and Whatevergreen but only when I put them in S/L/E I get them to load.. still no difference though.

Screen connected to DVI port.

Am I missing some critical step in getting this to work?

About.png?dl=0

Profiler.png?dl=0

@robertr It looks like your problem is related to improperly configured ACPI. You need properly patched DSDT or SSDT fixup files. Look here, there is someone who seems to have your mainboard too. You can try Clover folder Mald0n posted at post #11 and replace DSDT by post #13.

Keep in mind, fixes are for Gigabyte ga-x58a-ud7 ver1 bios F8. Any other mainboard version may cause problems.

WhateverGreen received some fixes to improve the situation for mid-level Polaris and 7xxx GPUs as of 10.13.4.

The changes are reflected in the changelog: https://github.com/vit9696/WhateverGreen/blob/master/Changelog.md

I'd suggest you to compile the current kext (yes, it has been fully open source for some time now), and report if you got new issues that were not present as of 1.1.4 version.

I wrote a reasonably complete changelog for AMD 10.13.4 drivers in Russian, but as a TL;DR if Google TL is incomprehensible:

For those who wonder whether 10.13.4 fix the black screen issue, the answer is: partly. It does fix it for X4000 GPUs, but not for X3000 GPUs. It also brings several new issues like not working HDMI and DP ports and brings sleep issues (due to enforced 6 connectors) to all Polaris GPUs, which have less, instead of just 560 like in the past.

If your GPU works perfectly fine without WhateverGreen, framebuffer injection, hacky patches, plist editing, and alike, you may indeed not use it. Otherwise I would recommend sticking to WhateverGreen than experimenting. There unfortunately is a lot of misunderstanding on how AMD GPUs should be used, and the manuals are often very misleading.

• Like 8

I have Blue picture opening in preview.app 10.13.4 

PDF file open correctly  :blush:
Saphire Radeon HD 5570 native support working perfect 10.6.8 to 10.13.3 but  latest 10.13.4 Broken somes thing here
Compill latest Whatevegreen and no change, issue still remain ??

Edit ***
same with ATI Radeon HD 5450

I have Blue picture opening in preview.app 10.13.4 

PDF file open correctly  :blush:
Saphire Radeon HD 5570 native support working perfect 10.6.8 to 10.13.3 but  latest 10.13.4 Broken somes thing here
Compill latest Whatevegreen and no change, issue still remain ??

Edit ***
same with ATI Radeon HD 5450

I was having some compilation error with the latest WG, so I was using a binary compiled by someone else. Did you have this error?

post-2288497-0-08390000-1517453511_thumb.png

I was having some compilation error with the latest WG, so I was using a binary compiled by someone else. Did you have this error?

You have to compile the DEBUG version of Lilu and place it inside the root directory of Whatevergreen then edit the scheme to build release version of Whatevergreen.

• Like 2