WhatEverGreen Support Topic

MattsCreative
1,501 posts in this topic

Still attempting audio on r9 290. I actually had older kexts of applealc whatevergreen and lilu and thought ok that was

the problem but still didnt work with the newest ones.

Im out of things to try.

I have a ioregistry explorer file and dsdt to see and maybe someone can know whats up with it.

Thought dsdt was clean but shouldnt have "hdef" what do I need to do with clover f4 at boot to get clean?

Lysander’s Mac Pro.zip

DSDT8.zip

https://imgur.com/a/fOeq9updated to newest WEG+lilu with a shocking surprise Boosted performance and stability went from 28k in luxmark to 33k and my other scores are above and beyond what i got before i still only have 2 working displays out of 3 but that won't be fixed 

• Like 1

@Wardoc,  your scores are the double of mine in open cl. It's just one 290x?

Bruce X - the final cut test - should be 4 seconds in your case. Appear better than Vega64. Are you sure that are the values?

By the way, congrats! 

@Wardoc, your scores are the double of mine in open cl. It's just one 290x?

Bruce X - the final cut test - should be 4 seconds in your case. Appear better than Vega64. Are you sure that are the values?

By the way, congrats!

those are the values yes and it’s 5 seconds with Bruce x and only 1 290x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

@wardoc

Then, I have a problem with my configuration. I have to check Open CL (18100)

My score in  FCX are 12 seconds.

Heaven a little more than yours.

I used to edit videos in FCX, with that values I left the idea to get a xeon.

So, you have lilu and whatevergreen, last version.

Something  like an ssdt or sth to research, try?

I have exactly the same problem with the RX 480 8GB from MSI. I am now using one HDMI and one DP port, instead of the 2 DP ports. You can solve this problem by using SM BIOS iMac 18,3, but that is only recommended when you using a kabylake processor. I have a 6600k skylake Processor, so i'am using SM BIOS 17,1 where 1 DP don't work. 

I have 7700K and using iMac 18,3 SMBIOS. I have noticed the connector senseid are exactly same for both Sierra and High Sierra, the sense are

0 is type 00000400 (DP  ) flags 00000304 feat 0100 pri 0000 txmit 12 enc 04 hotplug 06 sense 01

1 is type 00000400 (DP  ) flags 00000304 feat 0100 pri 0000 txmit 22 enc 05 hotplug 04 sense 03
2 is type 00000800 (HDMI) flags 00000204 feat 0100 pri 0000 txmit 11 enc 02 hotplug 01 sense 02
3 is type 00000800 (HDMI) flags 00000204 feat 0100 pri 0000 txmit 21 enc 03 hotplug 05 sense 04
4 is type 00000004 (DVI ) flags 00000004 feat 0100 pri 0000 txmit 00 enc 00 hotplug 03 sense 06

Wondering if changing the sense would fix it.

Spec: 7700K, iMac 18,3 32GB RAM, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 8G
Issue: Dual 4k monitor works in Sierra 10.12.6, but in High Sierra 10.13 second monitor does not get signal.

One difference I noticed, Sierra uses AMD9500Controller and AMDRadeonX4200 whereas, High Sierra uses AMD9500Controller and AMDRadeonX4250

WhateverGreen 1.1.0 + Lilu 1.2.0: Display goes black and machine reboots when macOS attempts to enter desktop after startup.

WhateverGreen 1.0.4 + Lilu 1.1.7 still works as expected (though GPU fans seem to intermittently cycle under idle usage now—may be unrelated to WhateverGreen).

I have Sapphire Nitro RX 580 8G. The card works great with Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext in 10.12.6. The Dual Dell 24" 4K monitor works without issue. After installing High Sierra, only one monitor works. The card has 2 DP, 2 HDMI and one DDVI connector. Both the monitors are connected using Dell DP cable. 

What can I do to get my both monitor working in High Sierra? Thanks.

I'm also having this problem. With 10.12.6 I get dual monitors working (one is D-DVI & the other is HDMI). With the exact same lilu and whatevergreen on High Sierra only the D-DVI is working. What is interesting is it boots up on the HDMI, then just before the login page it switches to the D-DVI and turns the HDMI off.

Any idea on this ?

post-1908018-0-24299100-1508339022_thumb.jpeg

post-1908018-0-69580900-1508339030_thumb.jpeg

post-1908018-0-06982100-1508339331_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hello again,

Thanks for the great kexts and support for the cards.

The r9 290 audio got solved using an ssdt with (HDAU) using a compatible device id. Thanks also to KitMac for the 

new device id I got from you AAF0. Don't ask exactly how it was made as someone made it for me. 

Will have to play with multi monitors sometime. Got a dp/hdmi cable laying around.

• Like 1

WhateverGreen 1.1.0 + Lilu 1.2.0: Display goes black and machine reboots when macOS attempts to enter desktop after startup.

WhateverGreen 1.0.4 + Lilu 1.1.7 still works as expected (though GPU fans seem to intermittently cycle under idle usage now—may be unrelated to WhateverGreen).

Tried WhateverGreen 1.1.1, same problem persists.

I'm also having this problem. With 10.12.6 I get dual monitors working (one is D-DVI & the other is HDMI). With the exact same lilu and whatevergreen on High Sierra only the D-DVI is working. What is interesting is it boots up on the HDMI, then just before the login page it switches to the D-DVI and turns the HDMI off.

Any idea on this ?

Can anyone help with this ?

Thanks

Hello guys, i'm trying to make Audio work from my RX 580. so far it doesnt show on Sound outputs.

I have full acceleration with Lilu & Whatevergreen, and VoodoHDA for my Realtek 1220 but it sounds very bad with a lot of crackling.

What can i do to make the DP,HDMI audio show from my GPU?

Many Thanks

Hello guys, i'm trying to make Audio work from my RX 580. so far it doesnt show on Sound outputs.

I have full acceleration with Lilu & Whatevergreen, and VoodoHDA for my Realtek 1220 but it sounds very bad with a lot of crackling.

What can i do to make the DP,HDMI audio show from my GPU?

Many Thanks

Use AppleALC.kext instead on voodoohda.

Use AppleALC.kext instead on voodoohda.

Can you explain more please? i tried AppleALC for my realtek with no success. since im using Ryzen it seems.

i did the following:

Patch AZAL to HDEF

Inject Audio ID: 1

AppleALC in kexts.

no sound outputs.

does this suppose to solve the rx 580 issue? or the realtek?

Can you explain more please? i tried AppleALC for my realtek with no success. since im using Ryzen it seems.

i did the following:

Patch AZAL to HDEF

Inject Audio ID: 1

AppleALC in kexts.

no sound outputs.

does this suppose to solve the rx 580 issue? or the realtek?

Let's not go off-topic I'll send you a PM to explain more about the Audio.

• Like 1

Any idea on this ?

So I booted without the HDMI connected and logged in. Once logged in I connected the HDMI & both displays were recognised.

If I reboot now with both displays, the HDMI display starts from turn on all the way till log in, after which the desktop starts to load and both monitors come on. The HDMI display is also rotated 90 degress, and this rotation does not show until both desktops show.

Is it possible to force my card to use the D-DVI as primary and not the HDMI ? Preferably from boot 

Hello, can someone help?

My real HD5770 in the real MacPro3,1 no longer works with High Sierra. Blackscreen, no Injector iGPU.
With Sierra still OOB.
WhateverGreen + Lilu in S/L/E does not work for me.
The real MacPro3.1 works here without Clover.
Only a rollback of the Sierra's Kext works with HS.

Does the Grafkkarte have to be registered in WhateverGreen?

post-1358580-0-31867100-1508569887_thumb.png

Hello, can someone help?

My real HD5770 in the real MacPro3,1 no longer works with High Sierra. Blackscreen, no Injector iGPU.
With Sierra still OOB.
WhateverGreen + Lilu in S/L/E does not work for me.
The real MacPro3.1 works here without Clover.
Only a rollback of the Sierra's Kext works with HS.

Does the Grafkkarte have to be registered in WhateverGreen?

What version of WhateverGreen? I get black screen post-boot using version 1.1.1, but not 1.0.4.